• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Hahahah~ I've just been treating it like BFFs since that's what we aaare.

/paired with two of her best friends what else could she want yo.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

<3

Soooo... I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past. Got to see it early because theater job :'D By far the BEST X-Men movie to date. Blows X2 and The Wolverine out of the water.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Not much of a comic book movie guy, myself. I've seen a number of them (The Spiderman movies, The Avengers, The X-men movies)...and yet, the more I watch, the more I think, "So this is what's popular, huh? How in the world is anime niche if this is popular". A lot of the time they just look silly to me- aesthetically, I mean. I'm surprised the masses can take them seriously.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Comic books just aren't for everyone like well.... everything else in the world.

Years

@Aniki I'm glad to hear it's good ;o; Really wanna see it myself~!

I'm not a huge reader of American comics (unless you count the funnies), but I will watch the animated TV shows (Teen Titans (not Go!) and Justice League ftw; haven't seen Young Justice yet, unfortunately) and movies. I think my dad had a lot of influence on me since he's a DC fanboy (particularly when it comes to Superman).

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Eh, I'll wait for the YIFY torrent

I'm way behind on X-Men films, only really seen Origins

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I ask that you at least swing by your nearest theater and at least buy some popcorn and/or soda. That's how theaters stay open and surprising though it may seem, the brick-and-mortar theater industry isn't doing so well. :c

Years

Given how my mom and stepdad want to see it we might if we can gather enough cash :< I'll probably see it with my dad, though that may have to wait 'til July, so hopefully the movie will still be in theaters then (or be at one of the cheap seats theaters that show movies released quite some time ago).

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Spoiler:

Okay, so I'm not cut out to be a speed-runner

I'm just glad I got through that without dying

Wind Fortress and Hell are freakin' HARD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

@Aniki I'm glad to hear it's good ;o; Really wanna see it myself~!

I'm not a huge reader of American comics (unless you count the funnies), but I will watch the animated TV shows (Teen Titans (not Go!) and Justice League ftw; haven't seen Young Justice yet, unfortunately) and movies. I think my dad had a lot of influence on me since he's a DC fanboy (particularly when it comes to Superman).

Young Justice <3 You should watch it sometime~

(Just the first season I don't want to touch the second season with a ten foot pole after the little I've watched and what I have heard about it from friends. Which I know I shouldn't go off what other people say but since they knew people who stopped playing YJ characters because of the second season and I play Robin at a game I don't want to take that risk. :( )

And also I'm pretty sure comic book movies are because I am pretty sure there are people out there just like you who don't like 'em/like some more than others/ etc etc. Just that since Winter Soldier and such just came out you have the abundance of people who seem to really love it showing their colors. It's the same as any other movie thing like with Frozen etc etc. But that's just what I think so to each their own.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Shame they got rid of the good shows

Green Lantern, Young Justice

and replaced it with shows not worth mentioning

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Young Justice <3 You should watch it sometime~

(Just the first season I don't want to touch the second season with a ten foot pole after the little I've watched and what I have heard about it from friends. Which I know I shouldn't go off what other people say but since they knew people who stopped playing YJ characters because of the second season and I play Robin at a game I don't want to take that risk. :( )

And also I'm pretty sure comic book movies are because I am pretty sure there are people out there just like you who don't like 'em/like some more than others/ etc etc. Just that since Winter Soldier and such just came out you have the abundance of people who seem to really love it showing their colors. It's the same as any other movie thing like with Frozen etc etc. But that's just what I think so to each their own.

Well, It's not so much because I don't like them (though that wouldn't be too far off, I wouldn't go out of my way to see one) so much as it is that I think it's strange that people, the masses that generally shun comic books, go out of their way to see these movies based off of them. Frozen isn't niche because it uses a all-appealing medium and keeps from centering on a specific audience, and a lot of CG movies tend to do this unless they're overly kiddy or very clearly pick a gender that they want watching it. After all, you're much more likely to see an adult male in the theaters for, say, Tangled rather than Tinker Bell.

But people go to see movies where the characters often look more silly than they do in comic books because...well, they're real people wearing costumes (not much different than average cosplayers). And if it were just because of the added explosions or the actors, I'd completely understand...but that's not it. People actually care about things like the plot, as if the movies are the only way they can expel their inner nerd. That's what really surprises me. I mean, often times comic book characters are pretty silly, even just saying their names. Like "Captain America" or "Batman" (though, in the case of the latter, it's become so commonplace that it really doesn't sound silly until you dissect it)...or..."Super Boy Prime". Not really names I can take seriously in a three dimensional setting. But people do. And they go. And they watch, in stark contrast to their niche source material.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

You think people would organize torrents into seasons, but nooooo, you have to carefully look over episode titles and numbers so you make sure you're getting the correct ones

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There are plenty of people who are into the movies but don't read the comics etc. And then you have the crazy die hard fans or just those who are really into the comic universe to like the different universes that come from it all.

Sorry if I didn't read your whole post because I am very bad at reading tl;dr when in the end I honestly just don't really care lmao. I'm even too lazy to quote machomuu's post if that says anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back