• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do people really know you?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you think you're simplistic - people have got you all figured out, or whether you're a mystery, and if you seem oblivious, you're really not, because you know what you're doing now, and just intend to be a better person? In other words... do people know what you're going to do, or not? Can you really say anyone knows you well enough to know what all of your actions mean?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    People think they know me - especially online, but they really don't. There are only about two, three people online who know me completely and what I'm about. The rest of them just think they do.

Do they know me well enough to know what all my actions mean? Perhaps. But I don't even know what all my actions mean. People can be so silly and foolish sometimes, which is why my best friends are all imaginary. Except not really.

But I guess if they know I'm a freak and get big headed when people call me that, then they know enough.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • A lot of people seem to think they know me, but to really know me means realizing you don't. ;)

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I'm probably a hard person to figure out, I tend to act cold and more serious towards people I don't know. I'd say my actions can be somewhat unpredictable to a stranger, but anyone who is really close to me basically have my mindset figured out.

Either than that, I don't think I talk to enough people for them to think they know me. So to assume you know how I am, you probably and mostly likely don't.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • They think they do but they honestly don't know all my actions or moves I will make.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • To me, I guess it just depends. I'm mysterious when it comes to online people getting to know me. I'd rather have them figure out than telling them my life story to them.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    People THINK they know me. When really, the way I act in life is much different than my real personality. The only one who really knows me is me. :[

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Because of my antisocial tendencies, I keep myself a mystery to others. The only people that really know me, my ambitions, and all of my interests are my family members. I keep myself closed off to pretty much anyone else unless the information needed is pertinent to whatever relation we share.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Not many people online can claim that they "know" me all that well. I'm pretty withdrawn and quiet most of the time unless I feel there's something to be said or done.
    But seriously...too many people assume they know my flaws and weaknesses. XD They don't. A large portion of how I act online isn't my real personality at all, it's just a persona I use online to let loose, relax and have fun with. It's completely partitioned from my actual self, but it does have it's moments where it comes in handy...so it's not like it never gets real world action, just as little as possible, to prevent damage.

To say that I'm quite an oddball is a step in the right direction. While I am known to be brutally honest with myself and others, one of the few real traits of myself that I have let into my online persona, not everything I say is the entire truth or the entire story...it may be only half true, or a quarter true. Much of what I keep to myself is personal business.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In rl a lot of people think they know me, when only a few do. I'm hard to figure out and people say I'm complicated :D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • People think they know me - especially online, but they really don't. There are only about two, three people online who know me completely and what I'm about. The rest of them just think they do.

Do they know me well enough to know what all my actions mean? Perhaps. But I don't even know what all my actions mean. People can be so silly and foolish sometimes, which is why my best friends are all imaginary. Except not really.

But I guess if they know I'm a freak and get big headed when people call me that, then they know enough.
    I'm pretty much the same as you. Some people really don't like me, but they're all wrong.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • In other words... do people know what you're going to do, or not?
    There are very few people to truly get me even in real life. There are many who might understand me a little on the internet and more in RL, but the majority of people don't know even half what they think.
    Can you really say anyone knows you well enough to know what all of your actions mean?
    I'm fairly certain that the number of people who could know what my actions mean half the time could be counted on 1 hand. Most can't tell what I'm going to do from week to week, let alone action to action.

I feel that I'm a reasonably private person, who doles out the crazy information that is prevalent to the situation in little bits at a time. If it doesn't need to be known, it usually isn't known.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Probably not. Though most everyone on PC knows my big three interests/obsessions, and my anime habits, there's plenty in my life that I like to keep hidden from others online. And IRL I reveal certain parts of my personality to people but not others.

Nobody knows the real me except me (and perhaps the FBI) but that's the way I like it to be.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Pretty much everyone knows me. Mostly in real life. My personality sticks to everyone who thinks of me. If I am a happy person, then I am a happy person. If I am a sad person then I am sad. But mostly I have this nice personality that never change since I grew up. It is still me. Even though I lost weight and stuff I don't let it get to my head. I won't change my personality. Like some people do when they go through a dramatic change in their life. That isn't me. And you won't see me angry. I will get frustrated, but never angry. If I do get angry, I don't show it. I will keep a smile in my face. I won't let it get to me. Because I can't function if I have a problem looming over my head. Everyone who knows me knows about this.

I believe in karma. If you made me have a bad day, you going to have one right back at you one of these days. So I don't stress it. What is the point of feeling angry.

Last edited:

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
  • I've been so inactive on PC in general that hardly anyone knows me - and that's the way it should be. =D

irl, same thing. People may have heard of me, seen me or met me, but hardly anyone actually knows me. Those who know me accuse me of being a zombie.

Back