• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe dreams have meaning?

Cinderella

Ooh, she's a little runaway~
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Have you guys ever had a dream that was so vivid and realistic, even after you're wide awake, you're still thinking about it? Maybe even throughout the day? Have you ever been deeply affected by a dream and felt it had some sort of meaning or that maybe it was trying to warn you of something?

Sometimes I'll wake up from a powerful dream thinking I'd just seen the future or something, but often I forget about it after an hour or so. XD.

Sirfetch’d

I believe in my dreams sometimes! I mean, I don't think they are used to foresee the future or anything but if I dream something I feel as if maybe that is meant to happen and I have to try to achieve that. I've had numerous dreams come true in the past and each one makes me believe them even more :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I feel like some of my dreams have meaning but not in like, any prophetic or guiding kind of way. A lot of my dreams are just imagination running free and I'm basically just living in a slightly cooler world and doing more interesting things. But if I'm thinking or worrying about something or someone a lot, it/they appear in my dreams a bunch of times. So they kind of tells me what's having a big effect on me recently. It helps to realize that stuff, especially if it's stupid and you can just be like wow I need to stop thinking about that it's getting me nowhere.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Not all the time as some dreams are made by the illusion of our brains of too much thinking about something but yeah,I believe in signs and of course dreams try to say something to you sometimes.

Sneakyarrow

Pokemon Breader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    No dream of mine has ever been a sign. Unless Jurassic park is going to come true within the next ten years, or I gain an army of wookie-like followers. That would totally be legit. I shall lead my wookie army to victory against the dinosaurs! For Kashyyyk!

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • On a subtle level, yes.

Not all dreams, mind you. Unless you're really into that, and can see subtle signs in each and every one of your dreams.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Do prophet dreams that actually came true count?

I to some degree believe that dreams are visions from parallel worlds because there's no other scientific explanation how can we view things that are not previously known to us.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • No. Dreams, for me at least, have never been a sign. They've always been a fantastical mirror image of my emotions, set free in a literal dream world.

Years
  • Dreams are interesting, to say the least; they're like the inner workings of an individual's conscious mind, the unconscious, and are basically like insights into the person. But I never really remember my dreams, to be honest, and when I do they often feel like déjà vu‎ as if I've already lived through it once. None of them have been powerful or compelling enough to warrant a deeper analysis.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I believe dreams have meaning on a smaller level. My girlfriend is big into dream interpretation where she tries to find some meaning to all of her dreams. I'm not like that. If you have a dream about your girlfriend cheating on you, it doesn't mean she is. It means you are afraid of something like that happening. A lot of bad dreams are really just directly related to stress itself. And, also, I think people look into sex dreams way too much. Sex is something that your body and mind just naturally think of, which has been proven. Therefore, even if that's not how you actually feel, you may end up dreaming it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think any of my dreams do. I think it would be kind of a cruel joke, since I have never been able to see in my dreams at all (not blind all of the time, but always seriously visually impaired, like everything is insanely blurry) and almost every single dream I have always deals with this. ie. someone will ask me to do something that involves sight, and I can never do it.

I honestly have no idea why and since this has always 100% been the case for me I thought it was like this for everyone up until a while ago lol.

Years
  • I don't think I've had a dream yet that I thought foretold the future. Although I did have one back in high school that I though uncannily echoed something that happened a few days later. Was most likely just coincidence though.

Most of my dreams, at least when I'm doing well, are just random things. Fantastical things. I think it's just my mind telling me a story, no deeper meaning there (unless the meaning is to show just how odd my mind can get). Although there are times, especially when I'm down in the pits or just getting back out of them, that I've had dreams that were just begging for meaning to be ascribed to them. It seemed like they were trying to give me advice, or at least trying to give me insight as to how I actually thought, so that I could try to get myself back up on my mental feet more easily.

Those kinds, yeah, they'll stick with me for the longest time.

...Though most of the time, it is just me dreaming random things and going "what the heck" whenever I wake up, haha.

Back