• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel old?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • I turned 28 this week and no, I don't feel that old - partly because I'm only just finishing college this year, partly because I don't even look 28 thanks to my family's excellent genetics, and partly because I'm becoming more self-confident in a way that I wasn't in my late teens/early 20s. (I'm much less likely to be swayed, for one.)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It boggles my mind that I was hanging out on these forums when I was 13 and I can still come here and post a decade and a half later, wow.

I've been happier in my 30s than at any other point in my life so far. Your experience aging is largely up to you. Take care of yourself physically (exercise regularly, eat well, drink a lot of water) and treat your mental health as worthy of attention and you will be fine. Think of it as getting EXP in a video game. You're stronger, more powerful, more experienced, have more abilities, have seen more of the world, you can take on harder challenges, you have more confidence in your abilities, etc.

Reading your post actually made me look forward to reaching my 30s now. Thank you. 😊

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I don't necessarily feel young or old lol being in your mid 20s is rather awkward because you're looking down at teens and looking up at "actual" adults

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I just saw a few posts elsewhere online about how younger people (teenagers) consider people in their 30s to be old. Thinking that people that age shouldn't be online in fandom spaces, talking about the same interests as these young people. It got so bad that several people panicked that the day they hit 30, they'd have to pack up and leave behind what they love. Someone even thought that they had to stop writing fanfiction because they were 35. Like, they didn't want to write a fanfic to celebrate their birthday because they thought they reached some arbitrary cutoff.

There isn't one, but that doesn't stop it from appearing somewhere. Either people in their 30s feeling like they're too "old" to enjoy what they used to in their 20s. Or people in their 30s thinking that they're too "old" to have fun, or change their life in any way (career, family, location) because I guess there's still some sentiment that the 20s are the best years of your life. Which for me, they were not. Honestly, it was as soon as I hit 30 that I felt like my life made sense. And it wasn't until I was 30 that I could say that I was really actually happy.

Is there any 30+ year old here that doesn't feel old?
    I think it's a mental thing. Like "You're only as old as you feel." So for me, I don't feel old because I still take some time to act like I did when I was younger. Also helps to keep the interests that you have from when you're younger, if you still want to keep them. It's also physical too. Don't stop moving and do start eating healthier because your body will feel it otherwise.

Don't be afraid to hit 30. I promise you. Your life isn't over once you do.

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    Yeah, somewhat. I'm mid twenties and already quite jaded. I dread to picture myself at 40.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    there are some really good points here. even above 30 now, I've kept the same interests I had as a teenager, pretty much, and even picked up some new hobbies that aren't exactly as mature as tending to a garden or buying a boat would be or whatever. so mentally, I don't feel old. not physically either, honestly. I've perhaps been lucky so far to not have general ailments like back ache or so. I'm more experienced, by far, and I much prefer my mental state now compared to where I was at 20 or even 28. would not like to go backwards in that sense.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I feel old. I just turned 31, but mentally I feel closer 26. Most of my teenage anxieties have disappeared, but they continue to have everlasting impact. Intrusive thoughts such as "am I good enough" or "am I really cut out for this" will occasionally flood my mind. I think I am my worst enemy and unconsciously holding myself back at work. Colleagues my age are reaching greater heights. I'm not getting any younger here.

I also worry about if I should or should not have children. It can slow down my career growth (staying at home with the baby). On a personal level, I'm rather selfish with my free time. I've heard enough horror stories from others. Not sure if raising children is right for me. I don't have much biological time left.

Now I may feel physically old with occasional fatigue, but I have yet to resort to caffeine like coffee/energy drinks to push through the day. I am a sucker for tea and sugary drinks, though.

Offline: Most people identify me as a female in her 20s to 30s. I don't have the face of a 17 year old. I don't get ID'd when ordering alcohol usually.

Online: I swear most people who don't know me think I'm a 17 year old guy because all I talk about is Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back