• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you get on with your extended family

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I'm sure this infects everyone on PC...

Do you get on with your Aunties,Uncle and cousins ?
    as for me yes unless I'm being forced to ..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I only have one person in my extended family, my great aunt, and I get along with her just fine. She's old and super Catholic though, I can't take much of that.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I get along extremely well with my mom's side of the family, but not as well with my dad's side. With my dad's side you have to be all prim and proper around them and they are so overpowering and you can't just be yourself around them. However, it is a totally different story with my mother's side. They understand that everyone has imperfections and they accept everyone else for who they are, and I just feel at home when I am with them.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    I get along with MOST of my extended family fairly well, but its rather large and theres some I absolutely hate (gotten into fights with a few..) and dont want to see again if I can help it. Apparently my grandparents were like rabbits and their children followed in their footsteps!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I haven't seen or heard from my aunt and uncle's family in over 10 years and I prefer to keep it that way.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    They're cool.

However, the nicotine is not. It smellllllled at the family reunions when I went back "home".

But yeah the kids are cool. They have their own version of Facebook and Twitter, hm...ffff

Ayselipera

I really can't stand my extended family. I only keep in touch with two of my cousins, but they can be really annoying at times. I try to avoid as many family functions as possible. Which I usually get away with.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can barely stand my immediate family, much less my extended family. We don't get along at all, thanks for asking.

Years
    Everyone on my mom's side is argumentative and/or competitive, so they can be pretty hard to get along with sometimes. They're also offended very easily and it gets annoying after awhile. Don't get me wrong, I love them with all of my heart and they have many good qualities, but I feel like they're hurting themselves and the people around them by arguing so much. On the bright side, they're all wonderfully creative and intelligent.

My dad's side is an entirely different story. I barely ever see them because of recent events. I respect them in a way because they're all outgoing, outdoorsy people. However, they're almost the exact opposite of me, so I can't exactly fit in.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Well let's see now shall we?! Lets take a quick poll:

Mum's parents: Dead
    Mum's older sister and her husband: Nope
    Their eldest son and his wife: Nope
    Their middle son, his wife and their daughter: Yes
    Their youngest son and his wife: Yes
    Mum's younger brother and his wife: Yes

Dad's parents: Nope
    Dad's younger brother and his wife: Nope
    Dad's younger sister, her husband and their two daughters: Nope

So out of the nineteen living members of my extended family, we speak to seven. Mum also has a third cousin that we speak to pretty regularly, but I think she's probably too distant genetically to count :P

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I'm going to assume you mean 'get along'.

I used to be close with my mother's side of the family, but now I refuse to talk to them. They're all a bunch of alcoholics anyways, there's no real point phoning during the evening.

I met my dad's side of the family about two years ago (minus one uncle, I've always known him) and I'm looking forward to learning more about them.

Years
    I get along with them when I see them. Honestly I hardly see extended family because they live several states away. So to be honest I hardly know them at all. ): I wonder if I would like them less if I saw them more or if I would still think of them fondly?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't really see them often at all. I've always lived in a different province from the rest of our family so for a long time, I'd only see them at Christmas. Then we moved even farther away and we'd only see them once every other year or so when we'd go visit them or one family would visit us in the summertime or something. I've always gotten along well with my family--most of us have the same sense of humour and they're all very, very nice and welcoming. I feel comfortable around all of my mom's side and same with most of my dad's side, although I see them even less. My brother and I are the youngest in dad's side of the family by roughly a decade though so there isn't any common ground with us and the cousins there. We get along better now, I think, that we're all adults but as kids I didn't really like visiting dad's side much because there was such a big age gap and there was never anything to do.

I never see family now, though. I don't live with my parents most of the time so even when parts of the extended family show up to visit (usually as part of a business trip, haha), I'm rarely there to see them. My mom heads out west to visit everyone once or twice a year or goes on vacations with them to other destinations but I'm never invited on those or they happen when I'm in school and can't make it anyway. :c I did get a chance to head out to see family last year--we all drove up to cottage country in northern Saskatchewan where most people camped but, thankfully, my immediate family nabbed a cottage. XD; That was fun and I was glad to see everyone but I was sick that week so I had to retire home to sleep really early every night and probably looked miserable/unapproachable to mostly everyone. Then I also had to leave earlier in the week because uhh... I wanted to see the last Harry Potter movie with my friends back in Toronto on opening night, lmao.

Actually, I did see one family fairly often. My dad's sister and her daughter lived in Toronto for years--before my family moved there, even--and we got together a few times a year for dinner, including on big holidays. My cousin is about a decade older than me though so we have nothing in common and don't really get along well because of it. But her mother moved to Washington, DC the other year so I never see her anymore and my cousin really only interacted with us when she was living with her mother and lives in a distant suburb now so... I dunno. I saw them once last year when my cousin bought her first house and had a housewarming party and I haven't seen them since.

Long story, short: I get along quite well with most of my family, but I don't see them very often at all. I think I'd be best friends with some of my cousins if we had lived closer to each other, honestly, but as it is now we're not very close at all even if we get along well.

Years
    I don't really have any contact with any of my family. I can be in the same room with them and talk with them if I have to, but I'd really rather not be around them because it's always such an effort to keep up the appearance that I'm getting along with them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2012
    Most of the inlaws of my parents are quite lacking in proper etiquette, so I'd prefer they not be in my life.

Luckily most of my family is amazing and I can hold conversations with pretty much all of them

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I get along with my extended family. Can't think of one person included in that that I can't say that about. I have an immediate family (like everyone), an extended family that I consider to be close relatives (aunts, uncles, grandparents), and an extended extended family that were all the people I didn't recognize that came to family gatherings (great aunts, great uncles, some weird types of cousins) and shared the same last name as me. Got along with everyone, but I prefer to avoid interactions with my extended family as much as possible. So when my dad has plans to visit them coming up, I make sure I have something to do so I don't feel bad for not going.

Back