• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like to garden?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    All there is to do; Constantly experimenting with life. If there is something worth seeing in this world -besides landscapes- than it has to be greenery. Personally, i have right next to me more than a hundred potted plants. All based on artificial light and rainwater. All of that takes time but what of it? The only thing we all have is time. Something that many seniors fail to see. "Building a garden", "planting a tree" - different cultures, same thoughts.

Years
  • i don't do it personally but my family adores their garden and dad + gpa probably can't go without it haha. they grew up on a farm, so growing their own food has been a big thing for them

potatoes are some of their fav things to grow and we always have a bunch

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I like to garden but I've never had the luxury of having enough space / having an actual house of my own to start a garden in, so I can't do it unless I'm volunteering or working on campus

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • Members on my mom's side of the family loves to spend time in the garden for both flowers and vegetables. I actually think some might still have a far out east somewhere.

Anyways as for me the answer is no. I personally do not like to garden for the sole reason of my allergies... Warm weather, pollen etc. etc. DOES NOT LIKE IT.

So yeah.. While I realize I can cheat and do it inside it just isn't the same I guess to me.

Afi

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2020
    I personally don't but my dad seems to like it. However, the most he does is watering them. Even though he has a gardening book, I've never seen him read it. But for his birthday last year, I did get him a custom gardening apron as a gag gift.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2020
    YESS!!

i love gardening sm. especially growing flowers, orchids and wildflowers in my backyard. In case you didnt know, By definition, a wildflower is a flower that grows in the wilderness i.e. it is not planted intentionally through a seed. This does not necessarily mean that you cannot plant wildflower through a seed.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • Yes! I work at a greenhouse so I get to take a lot of goodies home. Once the winter chill is done I will redo my flower beds and get everything nice again. I plant a lot of caladiums, angelonia, snapdragons, pansies, hibiscuis, mona lavender, calla lilies... basically anything we happen to be throwing away at work. Oh, and coleus. Lots and lots of coleus. It's a chaotic mess at times!

I do want to get into growing edible plants like fruits and veggies, but at the moment there's only so much I have time & energy for. I need to relocate my lemon tree too. I think it's not getting enough sun.

SusieSue

Grass Type only
    Years
  • My mom loves to garden but the only kind of gardening I've ever really enjoyed is Harvest Moon bc every time I did try to grow something it would always die even when I did try to take care of it. :(

Same here. I would add games like Stardew Valley and Graveyard keeper from my list too. Even Farming Simulator 2019 doesn't seem to be as boring as real-life gardening...
    Maybe I lack the patience to mess around with plants. I prefer hobbies where I can immediately see the results, like woodworking, for example, where you can adjust your tools as mentioned here. You can't do the same with plants though...

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yessss💕 it's very therapeutic to me.
    I garden outside and inside. We have a ton of plants, too.

In spring and summer, as a family we sometimes spend a whole morning and afternoon tending to plants or making sure new ones are planted. It's kind of fun.

Inside, if that counts, we've managed to grow at least 20-30 spider plants, a bonsai, some cacti etc.

Outside, we grow apples, pears, tomatoes, rhubarb and a few other things. We did have Strawberries at one point, but they've died down with the weather. I think we make a habit out of growing fruit each summer though.

We have a few rose trees that have been growing for about 9 years now.

But all of it, I find very rewarding.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I tried gardening last year but the spotted lanternflies (an invasive species) literally pooped on my plants until they died.

Back