• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like to garden?

Sirfetch’d

Do you enjoy growing flowers or maybe some tasty veggies?

I planted some cute flowers in some hanging baskets a few weeks ago that have really taken off. MIght try a few more now that I know I can grow them pretty well! I also planted a few tomato vines in a pot as I usually do for quick summer sandwiches.

Years
    Honestly, I don't enjoy gardening at all. It's tedious, never ending work and I don't really enjoy it when a garden looks too manufactured - like something out of a cutout. A nice garden is good but some people just go way too overboard on pruning and shaping etc etc.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My mom loves to garden but the only kind of gardening I've ever really enjoyed is Harvest Moon bc every time I did try to grow something it would always die even when I did try to take care of it. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love it! Right now I have onions, eggplants, jalapeños, and brussels sprouts planted. I'll probably be starting my herb garden later in May. I find it relaxing and rewarding

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I wish I was the kind of person who liked to garden but I kind of hate being outside and I take after my mom, so I'm incredibly forgetful when it comes to plants. I can't keep stuff inside, either (not that it would help much), because my cat would just... eat everything. @_@

Years
    I would love to garden but honestly my fear of bugs (especially wasps or other things that sting) is so high that I don't think I'd be able to effectively maintain one :(

also because I do have a somewhat high intolerance to the summertime heat here as well

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I love to garden! Every spring I make a point to plant as many flowers as I can, especially stargazer lilies and snapdragons. We have lots of deer around here so I need to constantly protect my little garden but they don't eat the snapdragons so I can usually sneak a few begonias and petunias in there. I also try to make it a point to grow strawberries, hibiscus, and pastel roses. <3333

Years
    I'm not very good at it, but I love to visit gardens, view the rose bushes, and smell the gardenias. When I am in the garden of family and friends I cut flowers and display them in vases, weave them in my hair, press and dry em in art, collect herbs for cooking and more. But I don't have what it takes to cultivate my own. Having a pot of lavender on my table is enough for me. ^_^

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I did in spurts as a kid but not done any gardening in years. Don't have a garden in the first place, nevermind the serious interest...

Did grow a whole heap of veges back in year 8 for agriculture at high school though. Went toward a tasty soup. :B

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I despise Gardening. Like if I have to go outside to do it, I will hold a grudge against you for at least a week lol. My mother is like a complete 180. She loves it and unfortunately I'm typically the child labor that she coerces into helping. She has a nice garden though. Plenty of flowers that attract Bee's and Humming Birds, although Snails and other pests are a huge annoyance.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    in theory, yes, but i only get into it for like two days. then i begin to neglect my plants unintentionally

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't really enjoy gardening, mostly because as a kid, my parents forced me to help them out with the tedious tasks such as removing weeds from the flowerbeds XD

I do enjoy seeing a living plant thrive in my window though. Unfortunately, with cats there are many nice plants I can't have due to the risk of the cats chewing on them. They're toxic, see.

Years
    I've been helping my mum on the garden for years. We grow our own tomatoes, potatoes, peas, currants, blackberries, peppers (red, yellow and green) and used to grow plums, raspberries and strawberries. And there are several herbs in between that I don't really know names of.

It's pretty relaxing, even though I hate it sometimes. I would like to grow my own stuff when I eventually have my own house.

Back