• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you mind telling me one more time?

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Do you think you have a good memory or a bad memory?

A combination of both. My long term is good enough that I can remember much of anything that happened to me when I was young. My short term really sucks though so I have to write a lot of things down or else!

If you have a good memory do you ever find yourself angry with people who can't remember things you've said to them or things you have done with them?

Yes, that does happen sometimes but it also works as a double edged sword. I tend to get annoyed when they forget the good and happy when they forget the bad.

Have you been known to either repress certain memories or believe that something has happened so strongly that you turn it into a memory that in actuality does not exist?

I'm not sure about this one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have a wonderful selective memory in which I'll sometimes remember the oddest things, and forget things that I should really remember. A lot of the times I'll just forget until reminded, and then I'll remember saying it, or reading about it, ooor something along those lines. However, there are times when I'm a bit oblivious or didn't hear something or I heard it wrong, so I'm either completely clueless when they're trying to remind me, or I argue that it was something different than that they were saying.

I've learned to have a bit of patience when it comes to people who don't remember things, mainly because of my own memory. It would be a bit rude if I got mad at people, when I do the same thing. However, telling me something five seconds after already telling me gets me upset. Sometimes I forget things quickly, but I don't forget them that quickly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My memory is strange — I can remember things from years ago, and I have all my friends' phone numbers memorized, but I can't remember what I had to tell someone or what I'm doing sometimes, but overall, I have a great memory. I usually don't forget things.

No, I don't look down on people with bad memories or feel frustrated when they forget something. I don't mind reminding people of things every so often. In fact, I often remind people about things when they seem lost.

No, I don't supress memories, but sometimes I pretend to forget things. There are things that I remember that I really shouldn't, and I probably remember every time my parents have reprimanded me in my childhood.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    My short term memory is horrible. Like, I when I first started at my job I had to ask how to make the same thing 20 times before I kind of remembered it.

Once I remembered it once though, I remember it as long as it's relevant. The minute I stop working there I will forget everything. Like school and summer vacation ^_^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I usually have a really good memory but it's deteriorated for some reason over the last few years. D: I used to remember everything perfectly as a kid and now it takes a lot for me to remember even simple to-do lists. (Though amazingly, I just paused during that last sentence to go take some pills I'd forgotten to take all day despite several reminders from my phone!)

When something important crops up, I've started learning to tell other people as well so I can blame them when we both forget have a bit of insurance in case I forget, lol.

I think people are just used to my spotty memory though, haha, so people don't get angry too much. That or I'm as bad at picking up on that sort of thing as I am at remembering!

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I don't really know. Sometimes I can remember easily and other time I can't remember anything. :-\

I think my long term memory is better than my short term memory

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Do you think you have a good memory or a bad memory?
    My memory is ok. I wouldn't call it good or bad though. x3

If you have a good memory do you ever find yourself angry with people who can't remember things you've said to them or things you have done with them?

No, I can't remember things sometimes so what's the point in being mad. It's such a total waste.

If you have a bad memory do you ever find others annoyed with you for simply not being able to remember?
    Sometimes but like I said before, they're just wasting their time being frustrated.

Have you been known to either repress certain memories or believe that something has happened so strongly that you turn it into a memory that in actuality does not exist?
    If I've actually achieved such a thing, why would you think that I'd be even remotely aware of it? Seriously this question cancels itself out.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Uh, when did that happen?

Are you forgetful? Do you have to make lists or sticky notes or other tools in order to remember things?

I can be pretty forgetful. In fact, I am creating this thread because earlier today, when I was driving around, I had an idea for another OVP thread, but when I got home I forgot it. So I made this thread instead. XD And I tend to do horrible with lists that aren't written down. If you tell me more than three things without writing them down, chances are, I will forget everything past the fourth item. >__>

So how about you?

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I'm pretty disorganized and forgetful. I often put down something and forget where it is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yeah, I'm forgetful. I forget what school assignments I'm supposed to do because I didn't put them in my planner.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I FORGET EVERYTHING. All the time. Jared knows, I tell him this constantly. Like today I was talking to Spino and he mentioned something we talked about like a week ago and I totally blanked. But I have an amazing memory for math and random trivia!

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I'm really meticulous and methodological with what I do, so I don't usually forget things. If I do, it's mostly unimportant stuff, but occasionally I do forget or misplace items.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    It depends. I'm usually fine with words and objects, but numbers are totally beyond me. I feel terrible about it, but I can't even remember anyone's birthday unless it falls on some sort of holiday. I wouldn't even remember my own if it wasn't on Halloween.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    It depends. I'm usually fine with words and objects, but numbers are totally beyond me. I feel terrible about it, but I can't even remember anyone's birthday unless it falls on some sort of holiday. I wouldn't even remember my own if it wasn't on Halloween.
    LOL I am exactly the opposite of you! I cannot remember much of anything unless a number is involved. I remember birthdays, phone numbers, my bank routing/account number, my credit card, my debit card x.x, but people's names? Pssh.. only way that's happening is through tons of repitition or your name is spelled in binary!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have a very good memory actually. It's kinda scary good sometimes. I hate when I tell people something happened and they're like "ummm that didn't happen" but I know it did. :( I'm very good at remembering little details too. Tell me your birthday, middle name, favorite color, etc. and 90% of the time, I will remember it. Especially if you're really close to me.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I have enough trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast. I can't be trusted enough to remember names, numbers, or events. The only thing I have don't have trouble remembering are grudges. And that comes in handy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have kind of a bad memory. I will say or do something or someone wll tell me somethng and I'll forget about it soon after. Its kind of bad. I also have forgot alot of stuff that happened years ago like in school and stuff. I dont really know why this is, I dont like it much.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I can remember dates and generally anything numerical, but when it comes to anything else, I've got Alzheimers. I have a habit of forgetting words mid sentence and I hate it ;-; Like, I'll be talking about something really important and I'll be like "...so I heard that Sasha kissed a boy and they totally made....um.... jesus christ whats the word um... they made out! Yeah!"
    I hate my memory, lol.

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I have the world's worst memory ever. And yeah I do get annoyed with people getting cross at me for not remebering something.

Years
    I like to think I have good memory. Heck, I can remember things almost 15 years ago. It does kinda get annoying when I'm relying on someone to remember something and they forget almost immediately afterwards. -__-

Back