• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still buy music?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    I love music so I like to suport the artists, I don't buy the physical CD, but I have a subscription to Google Play Music so I listen to everything I want.
    The last time I bought a CD was like... never? XD

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • I download (free) most of my music (which isn't much), I listen to clean music (my free will plus I have a little sister) so if I can't find a clean version of a song I will buy it, and sometimes I buy NateWantsToBattle songs to support him xD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd say paying for Spotify Premium counts as buying music, so yes. I don't buy physical copies, like DVDs or CDs anymore though. Haven't done so in yeeeeears, ever since before I got Spotify tbh. Back then, I pirated most of my music or got mp3 files from friends :x Most often the latter! But they had probably pirated it themselves. Hm.

Spotify is an amazing concept. It should be available for everyone in the world (isn't it already?).

Years
  • I download all of my music. If I want a CD I burn one...I don't buy CDs because there are usually plenty of songs on the CD I don't like. Sometimes I just like one or two songs off of a CD and I'm not buying it if I don't even like most of the songs on it. If it's something I reaaally want to support, or something really cheap that looks as if it has songs I mostly like, I'll go ahead and buy it. But that hasn't happened in many many years...though I have contemplated buying the frozen soundtrack, lol. But I keep remembering I could just burn one for free..

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • See the thing about CD's is that some people think it's the only way to support them, but that's not true. If I buy a song from iTunes part of the money goes to Apple and rightfully so because I'm using their program and their services. The rest will go to the artist. So just because I'm not giving as much as I would be with a full album, I'm still contributing something, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have music from 185 different artists on my iPod and a few songs from multiple albums of each. I know it supports them more to buy the entire CD and having a collection of them is cool, but if I decided years ago to start buying every single album I enjoy songs from I wouldn't have half of the music that I do today because it would cost so much money. I know that when I buy a song on iTunes for $1.30 that it doesn't all go to them, but some of it does and that's how I choose to support them. I have just over 500 songs, but I'll just round it down to 500. Now let's say all of these songs cost $1.30 which most of them do. That would be a total of $650 which I have spent over the last 8 years. Now let's say each album costs $15 - $20. I would currently own somewhere between 30 and 40 albums for the same price that I've paid to listen to songs from over 250 albums. I'd rather give a little bit of money to a bunch of artists I enjoy for songs that I like than a lot of money to a few artists for an album that I only enjoy part of.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Almost never anymore. Money is very tight these days, so rather than buying albums for $10 each or songs for $1 each, I just subscribe to Google Play Music and pay $10 a month to listen to almost anything I want.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Depends truly most of the music I listen to comes from underground artists and mixtapes that are not being promoted in a mainstream way. I will buy a song or two if have to or a whole album if its good.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I try to buy music when I can. I may get the music through um... other means... if I don't have the cash when an album first comes out, but I always try to buy it through iTunes later on. I haven't bought a CD in about 6 or 7 years.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I nearly always buy CDs. Only time I'll pirate an album is if at the time I don't have the money to buy it. Even then I'll go and but it as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, I've listened to music for free ever since I bought an Iphone. I now can used Pandora or Youtube to listen to pretty much anything. :)

Years
  • I pretty much thrive on free music services. Much love for spotify here - although I have been tempted to get the premium service at some point, it's mostly that I haven't been bothered too much to actually go get it.

I might buy an album if that were the only way to get it (aside from pirating it), but usually I just go with free services and don't bother with much else. Pretty sure it's been a few years since I actually bought music of any sort.

srinator

I seriously laughed when i read the topic, lmao. I'm a pirate aar aar matey.
    The last time i bought music was prolly in 2008 and that too my dad bought it.
    now a days i either listen to them on youtube,torrent them or take it from a friend via bt/flashtransfer w/e

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I mostly get my music through other means, although I have recently purchased albums from from artists I like and want to support.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • The only time I buy music is if I can't find a way to pirate it (ahoy!). I'm all for supporting artists or whatever, but money is tight when you're fourteen. Of course, that's for for digital copies. I'll usually buy an album because a digital album is expendable to me - if I buy a physical album, I expect to keep it until I'm on my deathbed.

Years
  • Have been thinking about getting a Spotify membership, but for now I download most of my songs. I do tend to buy ones that I really like; songs that I know I'll listen to long after the first week of purchasing it. The power of the Internet has made buying music an uncommon occurrence. I can't remember the last time I went out and bought a physical CD n__n'

Back