• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have your games?

pkmin3033

My copy of Yellow is upstairs in my bedroom somewhere, as is my copy of Pinball, and I have a copy of Blue as well. My original Red, though? Lord only knows where that is; I've not seen it in over a decade. I think I lost it when we moved house...

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I still own my copies I got when I was younger-Blue, Yellow, Silver and Gold. We bought Red and Crystal on the way, it's nice little collection. Even though none are mint-the labels have wear where they've been taken out and put in the GB so many times I wouldn't get rid of them as they were part of my childhood

Years
  • I have Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. My Blue and Yellow actually still work quite well, but all three of my Johto games do not save anymore. I have Red, but I have no idea where it is. Which is sad because that was my first.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I had all of them, I still do, and I have no intention of selling them.
    I changed the batteries two years ago, so... I think the save feature still works :) .

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I do still have all of my original games. I also have backed up my save data for them as well. One of these days, Im going to replace all the batteries and put the sram data back on the carts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2017
    I don't only have the old games (not my original ones mind you) but I actually run a business buying games that no longer save replacing the battery and then selling them once they save again. I save the perfect condition label ones for my personal collection. So far the only games I need in the GBC series are Crystal and Blue. I have all the others and replaced all their batteries, have 3 link cables and 2 GBA SP's. I play with myself :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    Hell yeah I do! Still have Pokemon Yellow Version, and my brother still has Red Version (he scratched off the sticker when he was a small child when we first got them...). We still have the Gameboy Colors we first played them on as well. Great memories :)

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Still do. Red, Blue and Yellow. Silver and Crystal.

Sadly Silver and Crystal no longer work. :(

Here's to hoping that Game Freak brings Gold, Silver and Crystal out to the eshop someday :).

Reactions: Sun

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I still have my Blue, Yellow, Silver, and Crystal. Also have Stadium and Stadium 2,and a Pokemon Pikachu 2, for the maximum experience. alongside having 2 GBCs, a Game Link Cable, a Gameboy Printer with Paper to spare, and a place that will replace dead batteries for me(And a Mega Memory Card accessory to reload old save files back onto my cartridges), I can pretend it's 1998-2001 for years to come.

Reactions: Sun

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've never owned R/B/Y. So I don't have them. But I still have my copies of Gold and Silver, which are both dead. It's my hope they'll rerelease these on virtual console.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • I actually never Owned the games. I borrowed my cousin's Blue and later Red versions since they didnt care about those files being erased(they mainly played silver at that point).
    I dont have any of my old games actually :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    As Yellow was the second video game I owned (the first being Le Mans 24 hours for GBC) but having the distinction of being the first game I actually played on my first console, yes, I have indeed still got my original copy of Yellow. Unfortunatley I no longer have Blue, Crystal, Gold or Silver and I know Crystal died some time ago anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2016
    I still have Blue and Yellow

Blue (luckily) still has my original save file that I competed in the Pokémon tour back in 2000. Got through a few rounds before I came up against a tricky Zapdos. I've tried to attach an image of the badges that were given out after each win. Battles took place on Stadium, three Pokémon each and Mew and Mewtwo were not allowed.

Not forgetting I still have the official Mew from that event.

Recently downloaded Blue for a nostalgia trip and to see if I've still got it...

Attachments

• Do you still have your games?
      IMG_0021[1].jpg
      346.9 KB · Views: 3
    Back