• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you stop and listen to the game music?

Do you stop and listen to the game music?

• Total voters

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
  • Have you ever just stopped to listen to the music in the game? If so, where did you stop? What game was it?
    I admit I have done this before. I did it when I was facing Dialga and/or Palkia in Platinum. I have also done this many times in PMD. Don't think I could list all the times....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was guilty of this in R/S/E because I kept coming to Slateport City just to listen to its music. Other than that, I just listen to the music as I play.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I love the music in the Pokemon games. It's the one thing that Game Freak consistently do a fantastic job on every time. The GSC/HGSS music tops everything though. Absolutely incredible soundtrack throughout. It's like they just took everything about Gen I/their remake's music and just bettered it 10 times over (and RGBY/FRLG have an amazing soundtrack as it is). Everything from the town/city music to the surfing music to the cave music to the route music. Gen II and its remakes had amazing music.

So yeah, I most definitely do stop and listen to the music in the games. Some places I go back to just to zone out to the music there.

Screw it, I'm just gonna make a list of my favourite Pokemon music to zone out to:

RGBY/FRLG: S.S. Anne, Route 14/15, Route 24/25, Cinnabar Island.
    GSC/HGSS: Route 26/27, National Park, Route 38/39, Dark/Ice Cave, the surfing music, Cinnabar Island (HGSS).
    RSE: Route 101, Route 104, Marine Science Museum (basically an S.S. Anne remix, but the piano in it is incredible).
    DPPt: Route 209, Team Galactic Battle.
    BW: Castelia City, Opelucid City, the bike theme.

Last edited:
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Yes I do. Especially from the OST from Gen I - III & V. Hate to say it, but Gen IV OST wasn't that memorable to me.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
    Years
  • Yeah. When I was younger, I used to stop playing whenever I faced a trainer in GSC. I would just stop and listen to the Johto Trainer Battle music.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Its called Youtube and official soundtrack albums.

yeaaa

Years
  • Yes, all the time. I won't always stop for very long, but I listen long enough that I'm able to hum along if I hear it ever. With some songs, I do stop and listen though. Accumula town, some of the bike jingles, and some of the rival's themes are just a few. Occasionally, I'll listen to the whole little song that goes with a person spotting you and then challenging you to battle. (it plays in the background as they "speak")

Years
  • I listen to the Pokemon game music a lot on YouTube. I even stop playing if a good music track is on.

My faves come from Black & White especially the Team Plasma Grunt battle theme.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yes. Sometimes I would listen to Generation I's Viridian City or R/S/E's Rustboro City before proceeding to do something else.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • Yes. Pokemon games are one of the few that have music good enough to make me want to stop and just listen, despite my playstyle in all games, pokemon included, being to always move around. I always move around with a sense of purpose and usually don't stick around places too long if I don't have to.

Cianwood City is unfortunately a small town and has little utility, so sometimes I actually fly there just to listen to music, and when I do go there for something, using the bike is out of the question and running is also.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
    Years
  • Of course!
    I tend to stay in the seaside towns a lot cause I like their music so much. I also like that GB sounds thingy in HG SS but I don't use it all the time. The Sunday radio after getting the GB sounds is really cool too.
    Once I stood on the Driftveil drawbridge for almost 20 minutes because I read online that sometimes you can hear a charizard call in the background! I'm still not sure if I actually heard it...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yeah! I do this a lot. Not really a specific game or track. But sometimes I'll put the game down to do something else and then I'll notice that the music playing is actually cool, and listen to it some more.

Perico

Ripper
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Of course. I stay for a while till I'm done with the music. That magical S. S. Anne music is the awesomeness.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    I actually catch myself doing this while i'm in violet town, olivine city and lavender town (gen 1 version). It's actually quite a habit at times.

Years
  • Yes, sometimes in cities I just walk aimlessly round and round to feel like I'm still playing but really to listen to the music lol :)

Agree wholeheartedly with Hikari10 - can't get enough of that Plasma battle theme :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not ashamed to admit that I've listened to 30-minute YouTube clips of the music in Veilstone City in Platinum and National Park in HGSS. They're just reeeeeeeally, really good pieces of video game music that fit perfectly with their surroundings and are just good in and of themselves. Unlike listening to 30 minutes of most things, they don't even get tiring each time that they repeat, which is also a nice bonus! :D

Back