• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you take the risk?

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
  • Would you choose the safe option or take the risk in events where you could win or lose?
    Does it differ per event what you do?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For events that don't kill my magikarp I always take the risk. The JP i lose can easily be reobtained. As for the events that could end your magikarp it depends. If i plan on keeping that Magikarp to beat the league I play it safe. But whenever I'm unfortunate to not quite reach the next level and killing the Magikarp would have me reach it then I attempt the kill, so to speak.

Years
  • Yeah, for events where your karp can get lost I almost always do it, since I want to complete that 'Magikarp Forced to Retire' achievement haha. Otherwise it's a mix depending on how I feel!

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    For Events that can result in my Magikarp dying, I won't take the risk only if it's a Shiny. Otherwise now I go wild, there's too many Magikarp in the world to not take the risk

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I usually do the risky events unless it's a special/shiny Karp. They level up so quickly now that I can throw them away and there's not much of a time delay on getting a new one back to that point. Sorry poor magikarps ;;

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • If my Magikarp can die then no D: I lost one and almost stop playing lol.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I don't really care for JP lost. I always take it lol.

For dying Magikarps, it depends. If I'm only two-three levels away from max level, then I don't. Before that, I always risk it.

If my karp has an event bonus, I risk it no matter what.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I usually do it since the gambling side of the events is mostly why I find them fun. I don't think I've actually said no to a single event so far... and yes I've lost quite a few Karps to that stupid Pidgeotto. :D
    Yeah, for events where your karp can get lost I almost always do it, since I want to complete that 'Magikarp Forced to Retire' achievement haha. Otherwise it's a mix depending on how I feel!
    Little bit sadistic!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Never

I go through all the possibilities of each event once just to see what happens, but after that I choose the safe option 100% of the time

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I foolishly did yes on the out of nowhere one. I legit always die.

I did the is it treasure? one about 30 times before I learned that your magikarp could die, so I do that sometimes.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I only play on Soapy's phone so I always take the risk.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm pretty risky. Luckilly all the risk events I've taken took me to the bright side, so I'm safe for now.

Or I pretty much jinxed myself lol

Back