• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think before you speak?

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    It depends. If it's someone I really care about, I usually will. I feel really bad hurt close people's feelings. However, if it's just this random jerk I don't know, I won't speak. I mean, who is he to insult me or make me feel bad? I wouldn't feel any sympathy if I hurt him/her.

But, I don't take that long. It's a really brief thought. But, yes, I still do think.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Eh, in most cases, I think before I speak. It really only takes a few moments to make sure that what you're saying makes sense, and it's better than saying something that's totally wrong or you'll regret in the long run. It's a pretty standard and smart thing to do, I'd say =]

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Hahahaha, I always do, only out of fear that I warble rather badly if I don't. Plus, I have a nasty habit of constantly repeating myself. XD

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I always think before a speak so that I've got the right words I'm going to say=]

The Red Chain

Sometimes though, I do end up speaking before I think about it.
    Though most of the time I think first. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think but then say something different that tends not to make much sense. I'm socially inexperienced in the real world.

Typing comes more natively than talking does, so naturally I'm 'better' on the Internet, where there is ample time to consider the words I string together.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I think A LOT before I speak.

I'm pretty much quiet in real life, but for some reason when I flirt, it ends wrong...not the good wrong ;_;.

And I guess you can say I don't think before I type. In the rare cases I think after I type, I just edit. The end :)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Sadly, no, I don't think before I type. It's been a habit of mine to say the first thing that comes to mind, even if I didn't mean it that way and probably would have worded it differently; It's also a habit of mine to rarely think through my words, only to regret it days later.
    Like, for example, I have a habit of leaving out words only because I forgot about them and/or decided to move onto another word that's supposed to be right next to said work; It takes a minute or two before I realize that, from which I quickly edit it, hoping no one notices.
    Now that I'm actually starting to proof-read my posts, I can easily pick up areas where I left out words, and quickly add them in before submitting them.

Thought it doesn't always help, It Isn't as bad as it was when I first joined.

As for real life, I seem to have more time to think thoroughly, so I don't make mistakes like these resurfacing everyday.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I think I take a little too much time thinking before I speak. I usually never speak without thinking first.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Nope. :x Kind of a bad habit, considering it's gotten me in trouble many, many times. It's something I try to do now, but sometimes things slip out when they're better off remaining a simple thought.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually no i dont and i sometimes i really end up regretting some of the things i say >.<

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I rarely ever think before saying something in real life. However, online I always think before typing, especially on forums, which explains the lack of posts coming from me since 2006.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I never think before I speak. What ever comes out of my mouth I suspect people to deal with it, even if it hurts them.
    I know that sounds rude but thats just how i am.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Thinking before speaking is one of the seven deadly sins for me. In other words, I never think and always say something stupid before it's detention. 8D;

Back