• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think before you speak?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When it comes to actually saying something, I think about it normally before I say it, however, typing, I don't usually take lots of time to think about it.

Do you randomly blurt things out or take time to think of your statements?

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I hardly ever think before I speak. I just go on and say it. It's my biggest down fall sometimes, and sometimes it's the best thing ever.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Most of the time I just say stuff, but if the person I'm talking to could take it offensively, I won't say it. Most people know when I'm joking and when I'm srz bizness, so I'll sometimes just blurt stuff out.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I normally don't think that much. However, I do think a lot before I post something here. When talking to people through MSN, I normally don't.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Never.

No really. It's so rare for me to think before I talk about something. At times, I do have the sense to at least think of what I said. Other times I end up blurting something without thinking if it's a good thing to say. XD

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Nope. Even there my friend, I'll tell them even if it is disrespectful.

Hell, I even got my friend to punch me in the face after I called him a crybaby (he started crying because he dropped popcorn at lunch and the janitor made him clean it up).

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I have a tendency to either not think at all, or severely over think and over say things.

Sure wish I could find a middle ground.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Not really. NOpe. Usually I just say what floats to my head and see where that goes. After that it is followed by some strange looks and just the "What?" that I have learn to be my friend.

I tend to do the opposite and just think after I speak and wished that I would have said what I said differently.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Where's the poll, wouldn't have posted if there was. D:

I usually think before I say anything. Although quite often it is the first thing that comes into my head. Well, first clear thought. I have quite a lot of thoughts that I restrain myself with. Mainly because they would mentally kill a person.

technicals

it never happened.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    Well, not really, I just say it. But I usually think before I type. Weird.

Years
    I'm not afraid to pause for a minute to think about the things I want to say. I've always thought that impulsive speech can lead to you rubbing people the wrong way and causing situations that you certainly don't need on any day at all. Common sense and logic is usually the best way to go when you're communicating, and it's always best to show that you have intellect as well as a thought process whenever you're speaking publicly.

Years
    When it comes to actually saying something, I think about it normally before I say it, however, typing, I don't usually take lots of time to think about it.

Do you randomly blurt things out or take time to think of your statements?

You have to be the most spontaneous person that I (don't) know. :D

I overthink things way too much. I often get angry with myself for holding back jokes or statements because I worry about people's reactions. I need to relax. This becomes more of a problem in group situations; I'm not an outcast by any means, but I tend to be quiet and let everyone else do the talking...

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Hah, no.

I've gotten myself in trouble with other people a few times for this, actually. I have a tenancy to just speak out impulsively, rather than completely thinking through what I say carefully first x_x

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, always. If you don't think before you speak, what exactly are you going to say? I like to be constantly aware of the sounds I'm going to utter in front of people. After all, you never know when what you say is going to come back to haunt you. I don't, however, look blankly at someone for a minute while I try to phrase a response for whatever he said. At most, it'll take me five seconds to contemplate what to say.

I also normally think about what I'm going to type as well. I read over my post about three times as I make it; once to make sure it makes sense, once to pick out spelling and grammar mistakes and once to read it aloud to make sure it sounds okay. Reading over something three times normally tells me if I'm saying something I shouldn't be.

Back