• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think before you speak?

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Pfft, no. Actually, it's a trait that I get from my brother. I make fun of people and make sarcastic jokes all the time without thinking once about if I should be saying it or not. People who know me well know if I mean it or not though, so they don't get offended.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • When it comes to actually saying something, I think about it normally before I say it, however, typing, I don't usually take lots of time to think about it.

Do you randomly blurt things out or take time to think of your statements?
    That's the exact opposite for me, in real life, I never think of what I say until it blurts out of my obnoxious mouth, but when I'm in the internet (like now), I can totally control what I'm posting.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Depending on the situation...
    If I'm among people who know me and whom I'm comfortable with, I say what I'm thinking without a whole lot of pause to think about it.

But if I'm in a public situation where what I say will affect other's opinions about me, I do try to think before I speak.

If I'm angry, sad or just plain frustrated, I'll blurt it out without thinking, since I cant stand bottling things up when I'm already upset.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Do I think before I speak?

Haha, yesss.

Too much, in most cases.
    :/

Buuut that's part of my being shy. xD;

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I usually say the worst things at the worst times, so I'm not much of a thinker before I speak. Like, blurting out something about my siblings infront of my parents, and then they would get in trouble and I would get in trouble after for not keeping my mouth shut. :x Usually this is the reason why I get in trouble a lot, and I feel bad after, because with logical and rational thinking, I could have stopped something that had caused a massive amount of damage if I had kept my mouth shut. :x Though now I do try and think before I say anything infront of my parents or any one else, since it's important to respect the decisions and well beings of others. Because like the old saying goes, the truth does hurt. So it's best just to not say anything at all and leave it.

Though with typing, I think it's more of a grammar issue I have, and that I do think about what I say, but I make silly grammical errors, and I should really learn to read over my posts. XD;

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    ahh I just say it and never think of it.^^

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • When i'm annoyed or agitated I tend to say things without thinking them through (And without really meaning them), the rest of the time i'd say i'm pretty calm and collected when i'm speaking.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Sometimes, yes. But mostly I blurt out the things in my mind... :\

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Usually I do, but other times I don't even care and some random stuff comes out of my mouth. XD

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Not at all, unfortunately. >.>;

I open my mouth, let whatever random crap's on my mind spill right out and hope no-one gets mad at me.

However, I do think before I type. Because of this, my friends often tell me that I'm the nicest person ever on MSN but a total jerk in real life.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
  • Occasionally I say things unconsciously without ever recalling why I say them at all. Words like these usually originate from hard thought. But most of the time I think before any words leave my lips.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I usually think quite a bit before I speak, except when I talk to family heh where I just say whatever I'm thinking most of the time. I think a little before I type, not a lot though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I've learned to think before I speak because of all the times I've made a complete fool of myself by trying to say things without thinking. XD

Pledge

I pledge...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    ahh yes I always think before I speak always..

~ecto

Back