• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think you living place is safe now?

Adore

Party.
Years
  • My neighborhood has one of the lowest reported crime rates in its county. The worst that's happened since I moved here a year and a half ago was an unsuccessful car break-in. That's not to say I'm okay with leaving my doors unlocked or that there's not crime (I've seen plenty of drug deals and shoplifting). But it is America. So, you never know...

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I do not live in a particularly safe part of town. It is just on the outskirts of a major city, not far from areas that can justly be described as slums. We've had several burglaries here.

Having said that, I spent the former majority of my life in a quiet, leafy suburb and I am still glad I moved away from it. That environment breeds bugs of its own.

Sirfetch’d

I don't really live in a neighborhood so with my house being kinda secluded I sometimes fear it is a target for crime. That said, we've never been robbed where we live now. When I was 1 or so and we still lived in our old house someone broke into it and stole a TV but other than that, we've been lucky here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Nothing happens here but I live away from everything and I often come home late when everyone is asleep and I'm ngl I either imagine aliens abducting me or a serial killer running from out of the woods. I GET THAT THESE ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS I AM VERY IMAGINATIVE

Bay

Years
  • From my old neighborhood, our cars got broken into a few times, and I think our neighbors' cars, too. Not only that, this is not crime related but last year a car crashed into our place and forced us to moved. The new neighborhood my family and I are in now I think is much safer.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    The area I'm living in now is fairly safe. I wouldn't go out without locking my door (though I might be able to get away with it, not sure), and there are definitely places nearby that I would rather not walk to by myself at night, but there's nothing unsafe that really affects my day-to-day routine. That said, I do try to keep my guard up regardless, especially at night, just in case.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • My town has seen a lot of break-ins recently, a few houses on my street have been broken into in the past year and a half. My house has yet to be broken into, it did get broken into a month before we moved in. I live in a richer town, so that's probably why we are seeing so many break-ins. It's getting to the point where we are considering getting a better alarm system, but the robbers here have been very brave recently. There's not a lot of crime other than robbery, and those only seem to happen when everyone is gone so I have to say I feel safe.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • There was a murder at my apartment complex a couple months ago, but that was a few buildings down. Maybe I should be taking it more seriously, but I still feel pretty safe, haha.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I basically live in a neighborhood that's cop central.

I'm unsure whether I should feel completely safe or completely paranoid.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    My house is very near the town centre and up a long, poorly lit drive. A few times we've found used needles down the drive and homeless and/or drunks sometimes come up by the house and rave about crap. I've never been robbed or felt unsafe in any way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Certainly not; governments are the biggest organised crime rings in operation. I'm not concerned about private criminals though; I usually leave my bicycle unlocked when I go inside local shops and it's never been stolen. It is just a basic mountain bike though; I had a BMX once that was stolen even while locked. If you have what people want, they'll take it. Vulnerability is about visibility, so maintaining a modest public appearance that suggests you have nothing of value to offer is the way to go.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Not at all, the door to my flat was smashed down 2 weeks ago and every room was turned upside down. I lost an awful lot as a result, the police have done nothing to try and find these people. I can't wait to go back home to England.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I live in a pretty secluded complex. The likelihood of being robbed or anything is quite slim here. The reason is because hardly anyone realizes there's actually a complex out as far is we are. I'm not saying it can't happen, but just that it's a little unlikely. With that said, yes... I do think where I live feels pretty safe.

Lucid

We used to have a cop two doors down, but he just moved out. Someone tried to break into the nextdoor neighbor's place a few days ago, so we went ahead and replaced the screws in our front door laches and locks. I'll probably get glass break for our sliding door too.. But our neighborhood is fairly safe, we aren't in a high crime area or anything D;

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yeah, I guess it's safe. Our gate is low enough so that someone could climb on it, but so far nothing like that has happened. I live in a gated community, so that's probably the reason why there aren't many burgling cases around here. It's much better compared to where I lived before- we were robbed a few times but the scariest one was when my (then)neighbor's car got stolen.

Years
  • I do live in a community that's known for being violent (at least out of places in the Sydney area that I know) and my unit block is pretty dirty, but other than my family having a huge hatred towards a neighbour, there's not much else to comment on "unsafe" points.

Years
  • I've lived in the same place for 12 years, and nothing bad has ever happened to my home or in my neighborhood. Things around here have been pretty safe.

Back