• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Ash to be replaced?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I've seen how many of us are disappointed with the Anime, because of the plot not being thrilling enough. Considering how many of us find Ash a little immature, would you like it if in a new series, Ash would be replaced by someone else? Would you like it if the Pokemon Anime would be centered around someone like Paul or Gary with a completely different battling style and personality? Yeah, changing the main protagonist might not be the best solution for making the Anime more interesting, in my opinion I would like it if someone else took over.

I know that this might never happen, because of the fact that Pikachu is the brand mascot and the Anime being entirely on the adventures of Ash and Pikachu. But still.. what are your opinions on this matter?

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Heck no, I don't want Ash ever replaced, even if it was a new character it'd be a new character doing the same thing as Ash. What's the point in that? It'd be like Dawn replacing May in contests, not too many were thrilled with that either. It was the same character, different developement sure but I'm sure people would get tired of the clone. As it was Ritchie wasn't every one's favorite either and he did the same thing Ash did blah blah blah. Replacing nearly the entire cast is the best thing they've done any ways.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Ash is still doing great in the show.

You know, there's still the Pokémon Chronicles series.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The day Ash gets replaced is the day humanity successfully divides by 0 without setting a kitten on fire.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • OMG! No way! I would hate that. That would murder the show. No good.

They could certainly make some changes...as far as how he presents himself, but don't kick him out completely. No. An older Ash maybe? I dunno...he'll be 10 forever in my heart.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I would love it to happen, maybe even a spin off series? But nah, it would never happen!

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I don't even understand why people constantly bring this subject up.

Ash isn't going anywhere, so it's completely pointless to discuss or think otherwise.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Sadly, no.
    I think Ash should stay.
    I thought the few...Pokemon Chronicles, I think they were called, episodes were terrible.

I was excited one day when Cartoon Network was advertising 4 hours of Pokemon, only to find out it was the Chronicles episodes featuring Raikou and then a crappy Pokemon movie.
    I was hoping for a little first season action or something.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • I wouldn't want that to happen, but they need to go back to the old days...

I love you, BW!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • No way. I don't want to see Ash getting replaced. If he does get replaced, no one would recognize the anime anymore.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think Ash Ketchum and Pikachu have been great combination ever since the start of the pokemon anime because Ash Ketchum and Pikachu went through a great journey together and became friends. Aslong Ash Ketchum and Pikachu's friendship becomes stronger it will be hard to replace them with someone else.

Years
  • I know he won't go no matter how annoying I think he becomes so I'd rather a spin off that actually follows the manga and follows Red, Blue, Green and the other characters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I want it to happen, but as the old saying goes, 'you don't always get what you want.' Ash has always been annoying and immature, and I've always hated him, but replacing him at this stage would be disastrous to the series as a whole. I'd just say keep him on the show, and I can continue on not watching the show.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I would love for him to actually age. He doesn't have to age with the seasons, or age in real time with when the episodes actually air. It doesn't even have to be a year per region. But I think he should at least be 13 or 14 by now. Hell, most of the characters act, speak, and have the vocabulary of 13-14 year olds anyways. But replacing him? I don't think I would like that.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm somewhat both ways. I like Satoshi but I would also like a new character to take his place to make things more interesting.

Years
  • I want it to happen, but as the old saying goes, 'you don't always get what you want.' Ash has always been annoying and immature, and I've always hated him, but replacing him at this stage would be disastrous to the series as a whole. I'd just say keep him on the show, and I can continue on not watching the show.
    I can imagine that you don't work quite well with children.

Back