• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you wear glasses?

Ayselipera

No, and I hope I never need to since I think I look awful in them. In that case though I would just get contacts.

Years
    I don't own a pair of glasses, but apparently, I do need them. The optician I saw last said that I don't need glasses enough to actually warrant buying a pair, though. I look good in glasses...

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Contacts, since 2nd grade. I don't know what my sight is but my current script is -7.5, which pretty much means I don't ever take them out.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I have reading glasses due to being near sighted. |D
    I never wear them though, because I always hold books close enough that I don't need them anyway. Occasionally I wear them just because the world looks so crisp when they're on though. c:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't wear glasses. My eyesight is still pretty good, to my relief. I can read signboards from quite a distance away, so I guess I'm not too worried for now. I have a pair of fake glasses though ;) ..for random purposes, of course.

Years
    I don't have to wear glasses, and i'm happy that I don't. I probably will later in life though x_x

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I do wear glasses... I wear them cause I need them. xD My vision sucks. =/ As for if I like them... meh, they're okay. They can get annoying at times, though.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Yes, I do. When im out i wear them. But in my house I rarely do. the only time i do in my house is when I play my home console systems.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've been a certified four-eyes since I was 6-years-old. High five!

Bad eyesight runs in my family, so it's no real surprise, but I'm really, really blind (not actually blind, mind you... I just call myself blind for some reason). I have a little game that I play with my friends where they try on my glasses and see how long they can last before they get headaches; I think the record is about 12 seconds: they're kinda strong!

Sigilyph

local psychopath
    Years
    i wear glasses for reading. i have a slight stigmatization in my right eye [20/25]. i have two pairs of glasses right now, my glasses that i wear when i am just hanging out at home and my glasses that are for more professional things, like school or going to a play, both of which i do quite often. the only difference between the two is the frames xD

i can still see fine without my glasses, but after a while without them my eyes will get blurry D;

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I don't wear glasses, but I wish I have. For all these years, I always had the feeling that if I had them on, they would make me look smarter and cooler.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
    I have Astigmatism, so I have to wear specs. I don't like to wear them though, and more often than not, I'm not wearing any.

As far as contacts are concerned, I havn't ever worn them, mostly because my optician suggests that I don't need to buy contacts. If I want to, I can just stop wearing glasses. =P

What's weird is, the angle and power of the lens in one of my eyes changes pretty fast, so I have to get new glasses regularly (regularly = whenever I feel like going to the optician. :D)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Yeah I wear my glasses a lot of the time, although I do like to take them off if I don't need them, because I can start feeling a bit claustrophobic with them. They're very good though, and I think they suit me rather well :3

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Yes, I wear glasses. =3
    Though since a year, I usually wear lenses when going to school. Only when I'm home or going on a trip I wear my glasses.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Yes I do and I hate them. They get bent really easy and I want contacts. But my mom and dad won't buy them. >:O

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I started to develop sight problems about a year ago, and was forced to need glasses. I try not to use them all the time because I just don't, and luckily, I can see some stuff from afar.

But with the pictures I've taken of me wearing glasses, I don't look half-bad in them at all, so eh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ever since I was in third grade I've been wearing glasses. I also have contacts, but I don't wear them often (only on special occasions most of the time) because it's such a hassle to put them in. I've learned that plastic/whatever they are frames > metal frames. Least on me.

Back