• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Your Friends Know You Go On PC?

Do your friends know you go on PC?

• YES! They have accounts on PC!

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Yes, they are cool with it.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Yes, but they tease me about it

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No, but I don't really care if it comes out.

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • NO! THEY WILL NEVER FIND OUT! NEVER!!!

Votes: 24 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    No, they don't know; they're not interested on what sites I visit, anyway.

If they were to find out, I don't think it'd matter. They're use to me being different, and they've seen me play a few times already and didn't make any evil comments.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    My friends know but they dont care. Those people who do find out and try to tease me would get ignored anyways. I have always openly declared the fact I like Pokemon and I dont care what other people think about it.
    Same goes for Digimon. I like Digimon, Get over it, Get used to it.
    I say the same for pokemon too of course. xD

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Hah, No. If anyone I know found out that I spend like, 3+ hours here, or on any other online forum based on little mystical 2-D asian fighting monsters, my ass would get beat down.

..Actually, the more I think about it, the response I would most likely get if I just came out and told them I hang out here would be a brief, 2 minute long "HAHA..YOU LIKE POKEMON..HA..HAHAH...Okay, cool. Wanna go get drunk?"

Put short, I doubt any of my friends would care, but just to save me some of my dignity, I haven't really told anyone <_<

..Ironically, though, I have actually became "friends" with someone here from a while back, not knowing that I actually knew them in RL O_O

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    To be honest, only a few people even know I have a boyfriend. That's like, three of my best friends...I dont know if i told Jay.

Anyway, I dont tell anyone I go to PC. My teachers would get paranoid if they knew I came online every day of my life. So I just tell them I play games online.

I could tell some of my friends about it but I dont because I dont talk about my life online.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    considering the majority of my friends are from here I would have to answer yes. they do know I come here. however of the three friends I have that I interact with In-person they know I go to forums, but they don't know which ones. (not that they would care, they feel that online stuff is online stuff, they'd rather talk about RL things)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    People at school know... my family knows. Almost everyone knows... but they wouldn't know the URL here anyway. I only forced two friends IRL to join. They never came back. XD

Everyone only knows because I used to tell them... but now nobody knows what places I go on. Not even I know what places I go on >_> Which wouldn't really make sense... but yeah.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My friends do not even know I like playing Pokémon.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    I think my girlfriend knows I come here and thats about it because of me talking about it. o_O

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Some of them know. But they just think Pokemon is retarded and stuff so yeah... xD;;;

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Nope, they don't even know I like Pokemon.

Odd, one of the most popular members in my school's social order, should be towards the bottom xD

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    My friends don't know I go on PC. Pokemon is one of my...secret interests. None of my friends know what websites I go to (except for Bebo...they know I have Bebo cos they have an account too)

Sea_Guardian

Shinjitsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu!
    Years
    When I go to an Internet Cafe and play an online game, I usually open PC and when my classmates saw it, they tease me but like who cares or something.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm pretty sure my friend still kind of like pokemon, but i will never tell them since it is a little humiliating and we like making fun of each other so yeah.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Yes. But they're cool about it because they know I'm wierd and secretly wish to take over the galaxy one day. So they know =]

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Yes :] I am very open about all my interests and don't give a crap what others think :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yes :] I am very open about all my interests and don't give a crap what others think :P

Power to the careless, right on!

lol, as me >(''<) i... uh no, I dont let my friends know, unfortunately Im not as adamant as rai or some of you, I keep it on the low, the only people that know are my fellow PC friends :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Power to the careless, right on!

lol, as me >(''<) i... uh no, I dont let my friends know, unfortunately Im not as adamant as rai or some of you, I keep it on the low, the only people that know are my fellow PC friends :D

Yeah, the only people who know are you guys, the PCrs ^^

Buh, I don't want my IRL friends to know. For a long time, I liked pokémon and manga "in secret", at least I kept rather quiet about it, since nobody else in my vincinity shared my interests. But on PC, I can talk about it and that's wonderful! I don't want them to know still... I doubt they'd abandon me if they found out though ^^"

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    One of my best friends from high school is a mod here and all my other friends know PC... probably better than most of its regulars.

Case in point, I was eating lunch with my friends from high school on Sunday. We were talking about religion and I decided to bring up bgt's new name change to God and how it confuses me greatly (since I'm the god of my own religion, etc.) and... before I could even finish giving them the basic background information? One of my friends pipes up, "I saw that yesterday!" It was really strange, since while they know about PC and have old, abandoned accounts on it, apparently they still visit every so often too. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back