• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor: I'm afraid you have bipolar...

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
    Years
    So, this thread is about diagnoses that you have. Any type. They can affect your mind or your body...

I have 5.

Physical: Scoliosis (only mildly)
    Mental: Bipolar, Aspergers Syndrome, Impulse Control Disorder (I don't know what exactly it's called), and an anxiety disorder.

Nothing inappropriate. If you have something wrong that isn't appropriate for PC, don't share it. Sorry to get personal, either.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Nothing really major:
    Physical: A very mild case of Psoriasis on my scalp and even more mildly on my elbows, possible hayfever and if you really want to be pedantic; Cradle-cap.
    Mental: Nothing to declare.

Although I don't really have that much to worry about, I sometimes worry that I may inherit my dad's diabetes, as it seems to run in the family. He lost his brother to it as a teenager and was diagnosed with it shortly after.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Physical: Some blood disorder that causes me to bleed a lot. Though sometimes cuts seem to heal up just fine, so IDK.... I really need to see a Doctor about this one, but I haven't got around to it. :/

Mental: Bipolar (lol), Depression, and Anxiety. All three of them are taken care of with Lithium Carbonate. I never knew a salt can be used as a drug, but I guess it can. :O

Years
    Physical: Um... nothing of note, except being out of shape. Not obese and still a fairly healthy weight, though. XD;

Mental: Apparently high-functioning autism, according to the case managers I had when I was in grade school and high school. Apparently. And no, it's not the same as Asperger's, no matter how similar it sounds.

That's really all of note, though.

Years
    Physical
    -Ptosis, with the possibility of astigmatism in the affected eye
    -Carpal Tunnel, which also in turn causes ganglion cysts right in the joints of my wrists.

Mental
    -Every once in a while, I'll have insomnia and won't be able to sleep for about two days, with a few more days following with only about 2 hours of sleep every night. Sometimes this will lead me to have a short-lived nocturnal sleep cycle.

Nothing too major, here. The insomnia thing has been happening for a few years, now, and the only way for it to go away is to let it take its course. Sleeping pills usually make me really irritable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have... nothing at all?

I used to have a hole in the heart but I got over that (surprisingly) aand used to have a mole on my neck but it was taken off.

So really yeah I have no problems. XD;

Except lack of sunshine, lol.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Physically: Well...I have some scars on me from being born prematurely, but that's about it. EDIT:Oh, yeah, I'm also nearsighted and wear glasses. How on earth did I forget that?

Mentally: None that I know of. However I was curious about social anxiety disorder and I looked it up...A lot of the symptoms fit; I think I oughta get tested for that. Society tends to scare me. o.o

Last edited:

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    Physically: I have moderate scoliosis which results in painful hips, knees and ankles for me (well and a generally "tight" back and shoulder area, concerning the muscles). I also have miscallaneous scars. And have pretty bad vision, haha :3

Mentally: I have depression. I also have insomnia and some anxiety issues, but those are attributed to the depression.

Jeeze, I feel like that's a lot of stuff >.<"

Years
    Well physically i have bad circulation and i also have raynaud's phenomenon which when put together make raynaud's syndrome :P its fun to do medical math XD
    and mentally i have not been officially diagnosed with anything but im pretty sure i have something wrong with me, with me being constantly paranoid and having wild mood swings (mostly depression) when i'm in sociable situations such as parties.

Years
    How odd. I was just scrolling through a few info pages about personality disorders, then I see this poll.

Physical: I have yet to be diagnosed with any serious lifelong physical conditions, though my incredible laziness on the exercise front may change that soon. Better start hitting those treadmills.

Mental: I've never had a professional diagnosis done on my personality. From what I can recognize in myself, though I do exhibit multiple symptoms of avoidant personality disorder.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Physical: eczema, asthma. I've only been diagnosed with those, although I've always had a problem with pain in my head which doctors were never able to diagnose.

Mental: I've had such mixed opinions that I don't even know. One doctor tried telling me I have mild autism, I just went ahead and dismissed that as idiocy because I am fairly sure I don't have autism and he's the only one that seemed to think that I do. So I'll just say that I don't have any diagnosed mental issues. Although I am almost certain I have general anxiety disorder (which one doctor told me I do have, others have told me I don't, lol) I don't get anxious in social situations, just doing certain everyday things, even drinking and eating can make me anxious at times.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Physical: (See spoilers below each for description)

A Scar
    Spoiler:

Sleep Deprivation (Physical Effects)
    Spoiler:

Near-Sighted
    Spoiler:

Poor Health
    Spoiler:

Mental:

Social Retardation
    Spoiler:

Sleep Deprivation (Mental Effects)
    Spoiler:

Sleep Deprivation is a lot more horrible than the name lets on. Avoid it, kids >>

Last edited:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Physical: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. Damaged nasal passages from fighting/failed surgery. Gilberts Syndrome (which isn't a bad thing).

Mental: A profound confidence that borders on pathological egotism=).

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Physically: I'm underweight. I have a BMI of 17.1, where 18.4+ is considered normal. I have tarsal coalition, which is an abnormal connection of two bones in the back of the foot. In my case, it formed while I was still a fetus. :| I have it in both feet, but it's only really noticeable in my left foot. I've had that foot placed in a cast but it didn't really help... I have a scar near my left eye, which was caused by my uncle dropping me on my head...

Mentally: Nothing much but severe insomnia and delayed sleep phase syndrome. I wouldn't be surprised if I had social anxiety disorder and depression as well. I've been to a therapist but she was much too easy to fool into thinking I was normal.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This thread makes me feel like I need to see a doctor. My mom just refuses to believe anything is wrong with my mind, however she'll believe anything is wrong with my sister.

But I wouldn't be surprised if I had depression and/or schizophrenia. I'm fairly sure I have separation anxiety. As for physical ailments, I'm near-sighted, I'm underweight (not on purpose, mind) and ummm...I have a crooked finger. That's about it.

Back