• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else miss the old nickelodeon?

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Im speaking of shows like, CatDog, Invader Zim, etc.

I loved those two shows, i really dont like much cartoons these days, with the exception of Chowder, and Flapjack

Anyone else agree?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Aw, CatDog. That theme song will be stuck in my head for days now. I actually grew up watching local television, I remember waking up early every Saturday to catch Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann and whatever else on ABC's "One Saturday Morning" block. That I miss. Whenever my family got access to cable, I rarely watched Nickelodeon, but I loved when Mike Lu & Og would air in the mornings on Cartoon Network, and I couldn't wait to come home on Fridays to see new episodes of Dexter's Lab, Courage, The Powerpuff Girls, etc. I'm not a fan of new cartoons either (not a fan of Chowder and Flapjack either, the humor in those shows is too awkward/abstract for my tastes) but I'm not sure if that's because of nostalgia or if modern cartoons have just lost their quality.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Invader Zim is perhaps my all-time favorite TV show.

Such a shame that Nickolodeon has turned into a network that pays a company to make one or two seasons before milking the reruns and products for tons of money without having to pay to make anything new.

If they had done that nonsense with Rugrats, they'd have gotten nowhere.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The OLD Nickelodeon is actually:

Rugrats
    Ahh! Real Monsters
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    Doug
    CatDog
    Legen of the Hidden Temple
    All That! (with Kenan and Kel)
    Kenan and Kel
    My Brother and Me
    Rocko's Modern Life

Those were the days!!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There were more shows than that. Like Roundhouse, Clarissa Explains It All, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude!, and probably among others that would take me forever to list.

(This could actually get even more technical, as the "old Nickelodeon" could include the time it was known as Pinwheel. Depends on how old ya wanna go.)

I'm quite obviously a child of the 90's. Nickelodeon was on any television in my house pretty much all the time.

But oh, how I remember all these shows. Each and every one of them was great for some reason, mostly for the sense of nostalgia that comes whenever I think of them. Especially the shows that made up SNICK, the block of time on Saturday nights.

Amen for DVD releases and the Internet which somewhat helps me relive my childhood. Because I miss these shows for the quality of humor, the story lines, the way they were so innovative. I mean, the sketch shows like All That! and Roundhouse were like SNL for kids, and Roundhouse especially made use of imagination.

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    Oh man, I really miss the 90's Nickelodeon. Some of my personal favorites are...

GUTS
    Legends of the Hidden Temple
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete
    Doug
    Kenan & Kel
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    Nick Arcade
    Figure it Out
    The FIRST season of "All That"
    Wild and Crazy Kids

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Omg, people are mentioning Keenan and Kel and I'm getting epic flashbacks of orange soda and Goodburger. Please come back to me, childhood~

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Rugrats
    Ahh! Real Monsters
    Doug
    CatDog
    Kenan and Kel
    all my favs were on there

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    sorry i didnt really mention as many, i was just naming some examples, but i had totally forgotten about keenan and kel aswell

Man, that show was great

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hmm, no.
    I never liked Nickelodeon, although obviously better back then the shows were still all rather strange to me, or simply boring.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Omg yes. Kennan and Kel, and The Rugrats. The Rugrats was such a trippy show:S

CyberDreams

Cybernetically Incorrect
    Years
    I didn't grow up with Nickelodean as an availabe channel (Vietnam ftw, baby), so no, I don't miss something I have never been attached to.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    I used to watch Cartoon Network when I was little, so I didn't really turn to Nickelodeon until CN started becoming crappy. So the Nickelodeon that showed Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob Squarepants, Drake and Josh, and Fairly Odd Parents is the 'old' for me.
    But now, iCarly is taking over the entire channel. Its showtimes stretch throguh the day, leaving one or two insignificant shows in between. True Jackson VP is another new addition, and it's just as bad. So yes, I do miss the old Nickelodeon.

Ayselipera

I was just talking about this the other day!

I would do anything to watch Keenan and Kel, Cousin Skeeter, Rocko's Modern Life, and the Angry Beavers again. I used to live off that station!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I loved the old Nickelodeon. I grew up watching that channel. I loved Doug, Rugrats, Rocko, The Angry Beavers, Claissa Explains It All, Salute Your Shorts, Adventures Pete and Pete, Alex Mack, All That, Roundhouse, Ren and Stimpy, etc...For the most part it was in its prime back in 1990 to around 2002. After that it just went downhill. It isn't the same as it used to be. I miss it, but I am too old now. So I don't need that channel. But it will be nice to see the old stuff again.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    Boy, I really miss those days. Coming home from school and sitting down in front of the TV with a blank look on my face as I watched Nickelodeon. One show I kinda miss watching was Rocket Power. I'm pretty sure it was not in Nickelodeon, but oh well I'm just saying I miss it. ^_^

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    My problem with Nick isn't that they DON'T have they're old cartoons, it's that they DON'T have much cartoons period.

To be honest, would you really want (insert your childhood cartoon here) to end like The Simpsons? Because that's what happens when shows run too long, not exactly the best stuff.

I'm begging that Case Closed/Detective Conan will prove me wrong on this.

So, no. I don't. The only show that was brought down in its prime and DESERVES to come back is The GIR Show, I mean Invader ZiM.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
    Well, in some times, yeah, I do miss the old programs on Nickelodeon. I remember Kablam, Weinerville, Ledgends of the hidden temple, rugrats, Hey Arnold, and The Angry Beavers.

Back