• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    My Silver and my sister's Gold died years ago but I think Crystal still works. I had all the gen 1 and 2 legendaries plus Mew and Celebi on my old Crystal game but I let my sister start a new one a few years ago as an act of good will. She hasn't touched it since. I'm still regretting it actually T__T

Years
  • My Red, Blue, and Yellow all work. I lost my Gold Version a few years ago but my Silver still works (although before I restarted it had lost the time, but the clock is working fine on a new game, dunno why.) I suppose once it dies I'll just use my SP's charger to keep from needing to shut down so I can do challenges, but let's hope that day never comes.

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • i don't have tools or knowledge of how to change the batteries. my poor yellow died a while ago. D: i don't have any others [any more].

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Silver and Gold have memory loss just like me and won't save anymore, but my Red still works surprisingly. =D

Years
  • My Gold and Silver both died. My Crystal still works, but I'm not going to play it again until I get a new battery for it, just in case.

Years
  • Crystal is the only 2nd gen game I still have but the clock has to be reset every time I start playing. It still saves fine though.

ChaosNinjat

Dragon Ranger
    Years
  • I got Pokemon Yellow and Crystal both when they first came out, plus I got Red shortly after getting Yellow, and all of mine still work, so yeh, happy is me :3.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • My only games that still save are Red, Blue, Green, and Crystal. My Gold Version died just before HG/SS came out, Yellow died 2 weeks ago, and Silver was dead when I got it. (stupid game store, not telling me, and it was $30!) I need to order the save batteries and the tool to open them up off of eBay.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Yes. I still have my first game, Pokemon Silver, along with the box that I bought it in. Same goes for Gold and Crystal as well as the other games that succeeded and preceded them. However, I don't have the 4th generation games nor the remakes of the Johto region for I do not own a DS (NO$GBA Emulator). The only handheld I own is a Game Boy Advance (two actually) which I can play all the other games on.

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
  • I got Red, Gold, Crystal and Yellow.
    Red works fine.
    Gold works fine.
    Crystal I fixed.
    And yellow just broke yesterday, but I can fix it lol.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I got a working crystal and yellow. my red recently died on me though.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I still have my original Pokémon Blue, Yellow, Silver and Crystal, and I bought a genuine sealed copy of Gold from eBay for £5 which also works! I'm very lucky with cartridges, it seems. =]

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    My Gold cartridge works fine and even has a working battery. I checked it jsut to be sure and saw that I'm still just past Chuck's Gym.

I started over to get all hyped for HeartGold, but never finished after it came out... Something to do on a rainy day, perhaps?

KintoAoi

私はキントアム
    Years
  • Games that Work
    Pokemon Red,Blue,Green,And Yellow
    Pokemon Crystal,silver,gold,dimond(pirated)
    I'm so on the road @.@

Back