• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone still play PBR?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Hey Guys,

Recently, I found my Pokemon Diamond game and I've been looking for it for like Months, Purely just to transfer some new Pokemon over to PBR... And I was looking for a few people to play with online and I couldn't find noone! So, Does anyone actually play PBR anymore?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to spin offs. I do not play my copy of PBR anymore. It bores me and makes me think of half-ass attempts. Plus it makes me mad that my Platinum and HGSS isn't compatible with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    It'd be better if they bought out another Pokemon game like PBR for the Wii... I know that they have recently made PokePark, I played it for five minutes and got bored, I want them to make PBR 2 maybe where it is compatible with HG/SS, Platinum, B/W.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • I play it all the time. In fact, I'm playing it right now. I'm not sure what is wrong with your copy, but both my SoulSilver and platinum are compatable. I play it when the mainstream games aren't entertaining me, but I really want to battle.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I play it pretty much all the time, although I don't play online constantly. If you ever want, just send me a message when you would like to and I'll get online and battle you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    PBR

it wasnt too bad however kinda got extremely repetitive as do most games.
    One of those games you just play every once in a while.

Also it is compatible with HGSS what are you guys talking about ive had no troubles so far with it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I play it occasionally when I'm home over the holidays or for the summer. But I play it more to see my custom trainer character than for the actual battling.

I think my brother plays it more often since he doesn't have wi-fi and uses the CPU opponents as a "challenge" instead.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Since my brother got a Wii (that was in April), I've been hinting Pokemon games. I got PokePark, which took me a week to beat, even if it was nice. I got SSBB, if it counts, which featured Pokemon good.

But PBR... ugh, I've read so many reviews, and they're, like... all negative. T_T The only thing people say is good in them is the fact you can customize yourself. Which is pretty limited, too.

So, no, I've never played it but I don't intend on doing so. I need a storyline and a region to entertain me in a Pokemon game. :]

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Nope. Quite frankly, I don't play a lot of competitive Pokémon anymore (I'm trying to reintegrate myself into the B/W metagame), and PBR is too repetitive. I have the Battle Frontier in HG/SS for stuff like that.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Waiting for Black and White's console game, yet I have a feeling that it will have the same issues as PBR did with Generation V's third game/Any remakes of You know what that may or may not come along. It was fun when it lasted however, tearing teams to shreds with my team composed entierly of trained Porygon2 and Porygon-Z (with a lone Choice-Specs Porygon to give a shock factor when their precious Tyranitar is blasted to oblivion by an Ice-Beam from a Stage 1!)

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Moving to spin offs. I do not play my copy of PBR anymore. It bores me and makes me think of half-ass attempts. Plus it makes me mad that my Platinum and HGSS isn't compatible with it.

I agree with this. That said, I do still have it, and I do have a decent team on it as well.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • i no longer play it. I loved the effects though, when you used moves etc. It was so cool. But I would prefer it if it was kinda similar to the old Pokemon Stadium games, like where there was custom pokemon too. The effects were really cool, but the game got boring waay too easily.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Same here... I played it once when I first had it. And then I discovered that you have to transfer Pokémon from either Diamond Or Pearl... Seeing as I didn't have a official copy of it... I had a rom... I got bored of it, then I went back to it after I was sorting through my Wii games I decided to buy a Copy of Diamond off Ebay. Since then, I actually played the game again... But now... It's boring, The graphics are the only thing I admire now.

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
  • Hey Guys,

Recently, I found my Pokemon Diamond game and I've been looking for it for like Months, Purely just to transfer some new Pokemon over to PBR... And I was looking for a few people to play with online and I couldn't find noone! So, Does anyone actually play PBR anymore?
    What? no-one plays it. I LOVE BATTLE REVOLUTION! Medicham looks really cool on it, and it's really fun in my opinion. I'll battle you if you want. PM me if you want to battle!

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
  • OH MY GOD. Mine got scratched, then I purchased a used one (they don't make it anymore) and that was scratched too! I REALLY WANT IT. I'll buy it off any of you! just send me a PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I was playing this game only the other day, the only reason I do play it though is to play on the Wi-Fi battles and I never really do that for long, either. Also, they never seem to stay connected for me which I end up fuming at and giving up, this is even with a large amount of patience. Really, when I bought the game I was expecting something Pokemon Stadium like on Wii with a few extra features added, instead, I was disappointed by it, the only part I enjoyed really was the making of the trainer, and unfortunately, that was limited to a certain amount. The Pokemon themselves and the attack graphics I found really pleasing to watch, they were simple yet effective, probably the best part of the game for me, watching the Pokemon attack one-another. Sad, I know.

Lv.100 Charizard

Fire Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Yes, people still play PBR. When I play PBR it takes time to find an opponet (15-60 seconds).

Moving to spin offs. I do not play my copy of PBR anymore. It bores me and makes me think of half-ass attempts. Plus it makes me mad that my Platinum and HGSS isn't compatible with it.
    When I played PBR it let me use both Platinum and Soul Silver. My brother only has one save file.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I still play PBR. I mainly play it to see how the Pokemon look on it. I'm transferring all of my SS Pokemon onto it.

Back