• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does PC distract you from important offline tasks?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It does to a degree. I'm good at getting work/projects done before coming onto PC so that's no issue at all for me, but PC does tend to make me stay up till 2-3AM when I have 9AM lectures the next day so that has a toll on everything else when I'm shattered and can't be bothered to do work haha. So the effect is indirect, but it is there.

Years
Not any more than the Internet in general. But oh boy, do I use the Internet as a distraction tool. Like right now, I should be doing NaNoWriMo, but I am busy posting here instead. When I'm done here I probably still won't be writing. (:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
T^T....as much as i dun wanna admit it, yes, it does. I'll rectify this but doin wat i gotta do....starting now *logs off with a salute*

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
It used to from when I joined up until 2010/mid-2011, I think? But not I'm not as active here, so it's mostly other sites like Tumblr, deviantArt, or Facebook.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Just homework :p

I've never actually skipped work or school to stay on PC though, that's pretty insane. I have posted on PC from my laptop in class though, but with some of my professors you need to do something so you aren't lectured to death... x_x

Years
Not PC exclusively, but the internet as a whole is pretty good at distracting me from doing other, probably more important things. It's not so bad now that I don't have to do things like homework, but I could still be more productive with my time by cleaning or something than using the internet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Only schoolwork! PC is my go-to place for whenever I should be doing homework. :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Well, PC is only a small part of distraction, I would blame the internet itself for distracting me from exercise or enjoying the outdoors, my PS3 and Nintendo Lite is also a distraction contributor.

Years
No, it doesn't.

I am always online to check things and make sure I am doing my role to make everything run smoothly, but it has never really conflicted with offline activities, jobs or anything like that.​

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
At all...i just come around all forums whenever i feel bored...i always like to call myself the online traveller as i keep swinging from a place to another and i don't spend lots of time at the same place unless i'm doing something important....so,Nope

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It used to, but now that I'm free of studying for college, I have more time on my hands to go on PC and do various other things online. And even back in my glory days of college, I could easily set PC aside to go to events and see friends and such. Setting it aside to study or do homework... not so much lol

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
When I'm on PC, I get so distracted that I don't even care if someone messages me on Facebook.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yes. It does.

This is me when I'm online.

"Oh hey, imma go check on PC real quick then imma go roleplay/do homework/do chores/etc"

*2 min later*

blargh, I'll do it later *keeps browsing for two more hours*

But that was like...before. xD Now I just keep things tidy and push PC aside when I have stuff to do. On some cases, PC can wait till I have downtime irl and when I'm incredibly bored...like now.

But right now, I'm literally distracted from doing my English report. :(

Years
Admittedly, it does distract me sometimes. I tend to click that PC tab every once in a while when I do homework and get a bit distracted since I start browsing, but that applies to the internet in general when I have stuff to do. Luckily I still manage to do well on assignments despite that and the distraction usually only takes a few minutes out of my time!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No, if I have something important to do, I will log off the forums. Im online a lot but I know when I have to do important stuff and Im not glued to my laptop 24/7. PC is just for free time.

Back