• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does you laptop freeze alot?

Years
    Mine does not.
    Have you opened up Task Manager (I guess you are on Windows OS) and seeing if the CPU hits 100%? If so, you could have a virus or one hell of a lot of programs taking up the memory.​

Years
    Mine does not.
    Have you opened up Task Manager (I guess you are on Windows OS) and seeing if the CPU hits 100%? If so, you could have a virus or one hell of a lot of programs taking up the memory.​
    It depends on what he means by freezing. Programs can freeze, the system can lock up completely (no keyboard/mouse), Explorer (the Windows shell) can restart, the system can Bluescreen, Blackscreen or shut off completely. More info required. :D
    My laptop keept freezin before and it really annoyed me! Now here's the question: Does you laptop freeze alot?
    Rarely. Programs, such as Office and Chrome tend to freeze up maybe once every week or so, but that's normal and doesn't indicate any issue with the system itself.

Pera

I'm sooo excited!!
    Years
    My laptop rarely freezes, mainly when I start using programs before my laptop is loaded does it freezes (but it's only for like... 5 seconds).

But if you wan't a hand to fix your freezing laptop we're going to need more info :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Task Manager on windows is your best friend.

My laptop rarely freezes on my end. I keep an eye on the amount of programs I use at the same time, and the amount of bandwidth I use as well.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Every now and then a program or game will hang on either of my computers, but never does it completely lock up.

GlaceonX

-Glomps- Hii everybody
    Years
    Nope, nothing, no lag/freeze on any of the lappys I had/have. Desktop freezes rarely, still annoying >_>, unstable overclock is unstable. Like most of the people here said, open up task manager by right clicking your taskbar then task manager, if your CPU usage spikes up to 100% a lot, or it's just plainly not less than 10% on idle, then you have a mean virus or a manufacturer laptop filled with crapware and windows vista (most probly lol)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My laptop doesn't freeze too often. Sometimes, Firefox lags whenever I click a button, type something or scroll up/down.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Like most of the others, my laptop rarely freezes. I take good care of my laptop seeing as its the only way I can get in touch with my online friends.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    This will make me sound like a fanboy, but my laptop only freezes when booted under Windows. Normally freezes are extremely rare. I don't actually know why Windows is so prone to freezing. =/

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Opera occasionally lpcks up on my notebook, but that's about it. The computers in my school are a whole diffrent story though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    My little Lenovo laptop freezes all the time. I usually know when it's gonna freeze when it makes clicking and popping sounds at the back where the abnormally large battery is. Meh, better than nothing I suppose, but it's really irritating. I usually go on my large pc, it's quicker, doesn't freeze and I got a heater in here to keep me warm. <3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    My laptop never freezes. c: Not since I upgraded to the Windows 7 beta.

I am of course a Windows 7 user.

As if any other version should be referred to as simply "Windows" at this point and time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Mine freezes a lot. It'll be playing music, then suddenly it turns into this piercing buzzing noise and nothing works on it and I'll have to disconnect the battery and the power cord to get the stupid thing working again :/

I'm also having major problems with BSOD's when I'm starting it up from hibernation mode, as well as the CPU CONSTANTLY running at 100%.

Lesson learned: 1GB of RAM and Windows 7 do NOT mix:/

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    My Macbook Pro froze once about a year or so ago, but it hasn't since I've upgraded OS twice, even on beta versions of OS it has never hiccuped.

My Mac Pro has never frozen.

Back