• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does your Girlfriend play video games? Ladies: Do you play video games?

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I love video games. I play games when I get free time.

I think counter-strike is really great but I can't play that anymore and I love Mario. Anything associated with Mario is amazing. Mariokart is like one of the best games ever. I play loads of games. And so does my boyfriend although that wasn't the thread question.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • ^ Yep I play loads of games.

Well Suki has already told you she plays games. So yep my girlfriend does.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    I do. 8D I'm a big video game person, but not (I hope) unhealthily so. The games I like playing are the character driven ones.

Fighting games are epic win ;D It helps that a lot of them (Player vs Player games, I mean), have attractive fighting styles and interesting characters.

I play video games frequently and everything, but blah, I don't seek them out. I'm not a junkie, only if they're promising (beautiful, character driven plots) or particularly amusing (fighting/mystery/quest). :>

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Of course I play video games! Video games arent just man's luxury you know. :o

I dont normally play alot of shooting games. I have bad aim and I totally suck at them. I wouldnt mind trying Halo though. <3 Yes, i would die but...I would still play it. XD I could practice. X3;
    Well, there you have it in her own words. My girl's a gamer.

Fluttering Dreams~

Heading out skywards!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    I play video games. I love some of the games they've created, they're so cool and so much fun too!

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Both of us play videogames - but he's a very 'social' gamer, like the only games he really plays are things that have co-op mode, like Timesplitters. I personally hate FPS, because I'm crap at them, so he normally plays them with his guy friends.
    Meanwhile, I barely EVER play anything but RPGs, so.... ^^;

However, we'll quite happily play racing games and beat-'em-ups competitively.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm a gamer. And I always have been. I play more video games than any of my ex-boyfriends. And I'll play any sort of video game.

So yes, I play video games. Created some interesting conversations with the guy I'm chasing.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Yes, I do play video games. =P People are surprised when I tell them that. Meh.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm usually only really into JRPGs, but I will give any game a chance. I play far too many games for my own good. Gets in the way of other things sometimes, but I love them and they're a great escape. ♥

Nice to see a fair amount of female gamesr here.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I've been playing video games since I was like... 3 years old. Some of my greatest memories as a little kid were playing Mario and Star Fox with my brother and Dad.

I don't play them as much anymore, since I'm always on the computer or at school, or out doing other stuff with my friends. But I still love them a lot.

mvtm

Years
  • i love video games!!

lets see , i have had an atari,Sega Genesis,N64,GBC,GBA,Gamecube.
    and of course

NES,SNES,PSX emu.

I dont have a new generation video game console , as i ve grown up and focus on other things.But yeah,you can say that i like VG

Years
  • Yeah, I play video games too. Besides pokemans, the only ones that really interest me are games that pull you into the story and invest you into the characters.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    my girlfriend doesn't play games but i do know girls that like to play guitar hero

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mine plays Pokemon at least, that's good enough. :0

I've ventured into this topic once before, girls do like games, though not often to the level that males do. Female gamers apparently outnumber under 16's, and there are a lot of under 16 players...

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • I don't have a girlfriend, but I know a girl who plays Counter-Strike.
    Most girls are usually too busy taking care of their beauty and their girly stuff... glad us guys don't have such problems :D:P:P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Omg, yesh.
    I love videogames.

Not as much as being on the computer, or anime.. but I still love them. xD
    I got Shin Megami Tenshi: Persona 3 for Christmas, and I have like 35-ish hours on it so far, which is alot for me in 5 days...
    because I tend to not play videogames for looong amounts of time. I normally put quite a few hours into Pokemon,
    and Pheonix Wright, and Zelda as well, though.

However, even though theres alot of videogames I'll try, or like, I still wouldn't consider myself a hardcore gamer, or anything.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Gender shouldn't decide whether or not a person plays video games or not, but that's beside the point.
    Yes, I know quite a few girls who play video games; from shooting games, virtual pets, RPGs, racing, to arcade-style one-on-one fighting. A female friend of mine, if left in a room with nothing but an Xbox, a PS2, Nintendo DS and a colossal amount of games, would probably not leave it until her dying day. If my sources are right, she was playing Half-Life at four years old.

Back