• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does your spouse/partner play pokemon with you?

Does your loved one also play Pokemon?

• Yes and we're just about the same.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Yes but I have an addiction.

• Yes but they have an addiction.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No they don't.

• No partner / I can make my own sammiches

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

S-MAN

Banned
Years
  • I just wondered about this for a while. Can I or should I consider myself lucky that I have a wife who plays with me?
    How many of you are also in the same situation? And are they as equally invested into the franchise as yourself if not more?
    Share your stories.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If I wanted and had a partner, I would certainly hope we'd play Pokemon together. It's necessary to share some key interests together and I feel Pokemon is one of those interests, for me.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • No because I'm forever alone

If I ever had a partner in a serious relationship, I think I'd quite enjoy it if she shared my interest in Pokemon. It'd be a fun activity we could bond over, or something. As long as we can keep the competition healthy, it'd be fun!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Does your spouse/partner play pokemon with you?

Sounds about right.

I used to have a girlfriend but I wasn't nearly as much into Pokémon back then as I am today. I think she was familiar with the anime but not much else.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Nope, it's just me playing Pokemon in our house. I don't mind that we have differences in gaming, we have our own things as well as games we play together. He thinks it's fun/amusing that I play, and puts up with all of my Pokemon tangents (poor guy). I have siblings and friends that play it, which is good enough for me!

Years
  • Heh, I no has a partner, but I have come across a few people at college who play it. In fact, once when one of my classes was in the college auditorium, a student who was in my sociology class a year ago came in to discuss something with a professor, and before leaving he showed himself on the piano, and played one of the tracks from BW. That was neat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yes, used to play it with the ex. Few months ago, he was taking care of my stuff in my Gen VI games when things got a bit rough in my life. ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My boyfriend and I play a lot, actually. I play a bit more than him because I'm into challenges and shiny hunting, but he sometimes does the event challenges that we have here on PC with me. :) We also played Colosseum and Gale of Darkness back to back earlier this summer and that was a lot of fun since he hadn't played them yet and I play them...like at least once a year, haha. We were also playing Silver together back in summer as well, him in English and me in French. We were trying to get all our Pokemon leveled up around 50 so we could use them in Pokemon Stadium 2 and not be stuck with rentals haha.

We play Pokemon together a lot, basically. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i dated one person who played somewhat. i'd honestly prefer if they had no interest and left me alone in the future

Years
  • Sort of. He'll want the games due to the pre-release hype and play until he beats it in a few days, then stops. Even though he enjoys playing through them he still finds it too easy which detracts from his experience. I, on the other hand, am addicted hahaha. So in a way, yes!

Years
  • Nope. He doesn't dislike the series in any way, and used to play it himself, but he hasn't touched the games since...hm, I want to say third gen. I remember back when he was talking about his Sapphire playthrough, but I don't recall any comments about any games after that. It's definitely been a while. He still seems open to hearing news about the franchise, he just has no interest in actually playing the games now.

Though he will ask me how my own games are going if he sees me playing!

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Not yet :p hehe
    Imma make her play, she was interested in it.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Nope he doesn't Play and gets all confused at why I still play from time to time. I'm like I'm collecting mysterious animals, training them and loving them! LOL
    He loves that I am still a Kid at heart, but also gets a bit frustrated when I play the games.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Nope he doesn't Play and gets all confused at why I still play from time to time. I'm like I'm collecting mysterious animals, training them and loving them! LOL
    He loves that I am still a Kid at heart, but also gets a bit frustrated when I play the games.

Ahhh but collecting them is like the best part :D
    Pretty much why I like shinies so much.

Niko Collins

Psychoanalytic Red Mage
    Years
  • My girlfriend and I play and I usually lose! I'm happy for her everytime she wins and she even won a challenge at a local event at my local YMCA! The prize was a subway gift card worth $20. She won and she gave the prixze to the 2nd place winner, me.

Trainer 133

My girlfriend will battle or trade with me, but she's not even remotely as serious about the games as I am. She's won maybe two battles overall, and most of our trades are so I can evolve something. Yet despite playing about half as much as I do, it seems like she has three shinies to my one. Some people just have all the luck!

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • I know what you mean. My wife has gotten her first shiny pokemon which was a Pikachu about 3 months ago while I'm still stuck at zero.. One thing I am proud of is that I actually am teaching and getting her used to the breeding system for competitive play. She has learned how to read IVs and breed for TMs/Egg moves! She looks through smogon occasionally to get ideas and is preparing for a battle with me~ I can't take her lightly anyways because my Win/Lose ratio to her is 1:9. I'm doing terrible >_>

Back