• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't touch me!

Years
  • Depends on the kind of touch and where. Don't take that the wrong way (or do, whatever), but I'm ticklish in areas where any kind of touch is too much so I don't like being touched there. I don't mind touching, but I would only be with people I'm close to and most of them aren't the kind to even hug.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont like being touched at all. Even if someone just touches me on the shoulder Im not totally comfortable, Ive just always been that way.

Ayselipera

I just hate when I can't see it coming. Like when I'm on the computer my dad will come up and put his hands on my shoulders or come up from the side and pat my face and I can't explain why, but I just hate it. It makes me tense up and cringe so much. Only other thing I don't like is when someone goes in for a hug and I'm not expecting it. Happens in school so much where someone will just rush from behind or even from the front of me and put me in a death lock hug and then I don't want to be awkward so I halfheartedly hug back all the while cringing. Lol then people get mad at me and say I don't like them or I'm a bad hugger, but if you just give me a heads up instead of tackling me then maybe I could do it properly!

Out of everything I hate being touched on the stomach the most, but at the same time it's my favorite. I think it's really relaxing, but ughguhgu I have to invite you to do that, I hate being randomly poked, petted, or whatnot there.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Depends on the perceived intent. I'm a big fan of physical contact and comfort... when it's platonic. I've honestly never completely understood why many people hate it. *Shrug*

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I really don't like it when people touch me, lol. It can really get on my nerves... although, I probably wouldn't say anything about it in most situations.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    If someone tried to touch me I'd shift away from them. I only like my fiance's touch. Outside of that it's annoying and makes me a bit mad.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't like being touched. It bothers me so much, especially when the person you're dating just doesn't seem to get it. Not afraid to push said person away forcefully if they're in my bubble too much js. If I wanna be touched and cuddled and such, I will make it very well known. If not, then just leave me alone.

...I sound like a cat, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hate it, sends shivers down my spine. Have never liked it since I was about 3 years old. I remember being about 3 or 4 and I used to tell my mum never to touch me, and one time she gave me a surprise hug and I got really angry/upset so it never happened again.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hugging is cool; just don't touch my hair or stroke my face. My aunt does that and I just want to punch her in the face for it because it makes me really really uncomfortable- it makes me feel like I'm some sort of pet or something. I dont, obviously, because I know she means well, but I usually pull away or something and say "your hands feel cold brr!" and smile so she doesn't feel offended, and at the same time I can avoid it. It just.. irks me. It makes me shiver in a bad way. She pushes my hair away from my neck or puts it behind my ear and it's like.. jesus christ just don't touch me I can style my hair how I want to, I'm not some sort of doll! and it just feels so awkward.

But then if like someone like my boyfriend were to do it.. it's okay because I'm inviting him to do it and I also don't feel vulnerable when he does. I like affection but I just don't like when people touch me around my hair, face, or neck unless I specifically invite them to do so. I feel like it's intimate when you do that.. so it's just really freaking weird if anyone else does.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yeah I hate being touched. I'm a very huggy person and I love hugs, but outside of that I'd prefer that everybody kept to their own personal space. I think it would be different if I were in an intimate relationship with somebody, but outside of that I don't make it a habit of touching people and I would prefer that they extend me the same courtesy lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It depends on where people try to touch me. I tend to shiver a bit when it happens, but still, I don't mind.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • I'm a very high-strung person, so I tend to incorporate gestures and contact into how I communicate with others.

So, yes, I don't mind touching or being touched most of the time.

When the pendulum swings back down, however, and my mood drops, then I'd rather keep a distance from others.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Outside of the "firm business deal" handshake or the high-five, I don't like being touched. It's quite unnerving and I feel it's violating my personal space, which I'm quite sensitive about.

Years
  • This picture sums up my thoughts on this subject.
    Spoiler:

But seriously, I am not that bothered. As long as it isn't some random person! XD​

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I don't really mind being touched, I kinda like it, unless you touch my face, I can't stand that. I aso find myself touching people I care about. I just touch their shoulder or arm or something. I don't know why I do it and I don't do it on purpose most of the time. I guess it's to show that I care about them when it doesn't seem like it. I also like to give people massages.

Back