• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DotA Mafia [GAME OVER]

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Looking through the roles, I don't think there's any abilities that reveal much about other players. The only one I saw that would be slightly helpful was Beastmaster's Call of the Wild (Hawk), because it "Reveals a player's target for their action." If they had targeted the Doombringer, then Beastmaster would have received a report of Alex; but even then it's possible for someone else to have targeted Alex.

So I don't know if I am missing/overlooking anything, but I feel like we're clueless atm... And I agree with Gunner,

[Farm]

Edit: seeing your comments to Gunner about being attacked while farming is making me second guess it lol

Years
    Tell me bard, this time you're not mafia. Because RNG God was harsh with you since November.

And gunner good move for a neutral hnhn.

Years
    Below are messages encoded with a cipher I deem unbreakable. Repost a message with its number and your own cipher over it, I'll remove mine, then you remove yours. Inside the message will be a new keyword that we'll use for all future coded transactions.

Diffie-Hellman key exchange? I don't think it's exactly the same, but similar concept. I'm pretty sure that's like cheating though ;)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll admit, I don't get it. But I'll allow it. :P

While I'm here, I've been thinking of tweaking the gold gained at the end of the day from 20 up to 50. And the gold after farming from 50 to 100. I feel like obtaining gold may be difficult otherwise?

Years
    someone may be able to crack it if they tried hard enough

I challenge you to brute force your way through an almost infinite number of keys to find a single key that may or may not contain any English words to reveal a message that again, may or may not contain an English word.

A similar concept is used to send messages privately over the internet for a reason.

This is basically PMing someone but allowing everyone else to know it's happening.

EDIT: Nevermind I've cracked one of them. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    DotA Mafia [GAME OVER]

EDIT: just in case anyone is confused the codes he used were all from the 12 days of christmas.

and here are the codes you get after using the 12 days ones :)

1] texastoast
    2] chickenfingers
    3] Whyunodothis
    4] Printerink
    5] Otakuculture
    6] Noticemesenpai
    7] Icommandyou
    8] Overwatch
    9] canihelpyou
    10] juggernaut

No cheating while I'm around ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    merlinisajerkandthiskeywordshallbefhiodahhgadpoi
    thisiswhatanuncrackablevigenerelookslikethepasswordisajgpoidh

Hmm the last one doesn't want to crack though. Two out of three isn't bad.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    C'mon Bard, Viginere isn't that hard to crack with long sentences. All you need to do is look for a pattern from which the word length can be derived. A bit of puzzling with letter frequencies does the rest. If you want to some good cipher codes I suggest using large prime numbers and modulo stuff.
    I'd totally give a try to crack your last two codes, but if they're not English I'm not going to be able to read them anyway. xD

Okay, for some game relevance... we should watch out for the high number of neutral players. I expect most people to just attack at random and get away with it since that's all they want. I'm still doubting whether I should attack one of the farmers. It's really tempting, but might not be the best idea.

Years
    Well no wonder why! I was running them through and comparing the results to common English words. So if they're not English then I wouldn't have found the correct one XD

How about you stop with the whole cipher thing and actually play the game as intended?

[ATTACK] Bardothren the Cipher-maker

Let's get this show on the road.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Oh, there's some English in those codes, trust me. There's just some other gibberish thrown into those last ones. And thanks for giving me even more good info to perfect this code. This one's 100% english.

Actually if you want to use Viginere so badly and want it to be uncrackable you should just use some long-ass word. Or better: a whole book. Why am I even telling you this?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Regardless, exposing more neutrals would only encourage Doombringer to insta-kill them, and if he failed, he'd have likely found a pure hero instead

So uh . . . nice knowing you, Bard?

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    Or bard could be lying about his alignment so he could trick idiots from the opposing side into telling him who they are. Then he could tell the rest of his team who to attack.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Well he's already failed, so that wouldn't have worked, and regardless my statement stands, because if Doombringer hits him and he doesn't die, it'll be known he's not neutral, and Doombringer has a 4/7 chance to hit a pure hero rather than a dire

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    You know, If it were anyone else, I'd expect them to be lying about their alignment. But this is Bard, he'll have thought things through...
    Still, it's in his nature to make a big play like this...
    [ATTACK]Bardothren

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    There's a flaw in your plan.
    The radiants can't win with the neutrals.

"The objective of the Radiant and Dire are to eliminate the opposing faction and to outnumber the remaining members of the Neutral faction."

"The Neutrals objective is to be the only remaining faction in the game or to accrue 15 000 gold amongst all members."

There are no overlapping win conditions. So you did all this work for nothing.
    Well. . .you did it to ensure your death. The radiants and the dires will now be after your head, and your neutral buddies aren't gonna help you because everyone is trying to appear as if they could be any alignment.

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    . . . the neutrals will win the moment they get their gold. Game over. Done deal.
    There will be no time for the radiants to "pick off a few" because the game will be over once the neutrals meet their win con.

"why would they come after me?" because you're an enemy to them. If the radiants only try to kill the dires and the dires only try to kill the radiants then the neutrals can sit back and then pick off the survivors.

There is a reason it is 8 neutrals, 4 radiants and 4 dires.
    The Neutrals' enemies are: The radiants and the dires.
    The Radiants' enemies are: The dires and the neutrals
    The Dires' enemies are: the radiants and the neutrals

The radiants' and the dires' first and foremost enemy is the majority of neutrals. Once the playing field is more even then the dires and radiants will most likely focus more on each other, rather than focusing on the neutrals.

Last edited:
    Back