• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Down Under: Ground-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why?

This is hard since Ground got paired with a lot of types already but for those that weren't used yet I could only think of Ground/Fighting and Ground/Fairy. The former would have some nice design potential and I'd like to see every type eventually get paired with Ground, like they did with Flying.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why?

Bug-type. We have Nincada and Wormadam, but Nincada evolves out of it and Wormadam is just a bug with sand on it. It would be nice to get a proper Bug/Ground type. I'm thinking Scyther with some Ground-type abilities and features.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

Fairy and Fighting are the only two types that Ground-type hasn't been paired with. Not sure if Fighting benefits at all from mixing with it. Guess I'll choose Fairy.

I believe Gnomes are Earth Fae, so it could be funny to have some of those running around. Gnomely can be the first stage (combo of gnome and homely), and it can turn into something else afterwards... maybe a troll?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • We need a good troll Pokémon, there are none that exist to my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong). The gnome sounds like a fun one.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • the_troll_pokemon_by_rohanfulton-d5dhkal.jpg

Found this gem on Google images haha

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's amazing, haha. Love how it was inspired by Oscar the Grouch! Say, what type do you guys think it could be? Ground and poison? o:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • It's the beginning of a new month, and that means a topic change. I can't think of one at the moment, so if someone can think up a new one, I will add it to the original post.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Thank you! I was wondering if the group died. Let me see...

If you could change how attacks effect Ground-type, what would those changes be?

Immune: Electric (oops lol)

X2 weakness: Water, Grass, Ice

1/2 damage: Poison, Rock, Steel, Bug

Honestly, what can metal even do to the ground? Also, bugs... they actually improve soil fertility. Ice... sure it covers ground in the Winter, but dirt isn't alive... so that doesn't make sense as a weakness either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Now that you mention it, I think it'd be pretty nice of they had introduced an ability for ground-types that recovers your HP whenever you get struck by bug attacks. Wouldn't that be cool?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Honestly, what can metal even do to the ground?

Anyone got a shovel? Also, don't some bugs eat dirt? I don't know, I'm not convinced of these. Ice is whatever, snow ruins plants more than anything (Grass-type) and I guess snow erodes the roads and stuff, but that's more water, so I can see your point there.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • A shovel can displace the dirt, but not destroy it. Now rocks are a different story :)

EDIT: Changed the immunity to Electric... I don't think anyone noticed my oopsie.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I improvised on Superstrength79's topic and added it to the original post.

I'd honestly make Ground immune to Poison. I don't see how Poison can affect Ground, since dirt is abiotic, but I guess it depends on other factors like plant life and bugs too, and water that is in or near the ground.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Immune to Poison would work, plant-life, bugs, and water all have their own types after all. Poison really wouldn't be able to do anything to it,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back