• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Downtime Tuesday, 11/12. Check for details.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's great to hear that this server move is soon. Hopefully everything goes well!

I'm another one looking forward to having a few days off from PC to get a few things done. We'll see how far I get on those goals.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Alright, any slight chance that we may possibly introduce stuff we banned because of load on the server like name changes? Not that I'm particularly interested...

It's great to hear that though. Just hope we get it back up soon though ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Great timing, as I'll be on LoA at least from Thursday anyways. I'm going to be selfish and wish that you don't finish before the weekend ;p

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    downtime will be fun... actually giving me a reason to finish my trick room mega ampharos team :p and also practicing some css/thinking of making a good blog post

yay for all the possibilities :D but that will mean 3 days of less computing time too ;c

Years
  • This move coincides with my LoA as well (a small LoA but a LoA nonetheless) so the timing is pretty good. Hopefully everything moves over without any problems! Very excited.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Ah, so we've got a date now! It's a shame everything will be shut down for a few days, but it's necessary, so... good luck, and I hope everything goes well!

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Will it be possible to say; open up the battle server quickly (Possibly one of the first things) during the move (because it's likely to take less time) or will DNS propagation actually take way too much time?

Basically what I'm asking in plain english for clarity sake: Is it possible that the battle server could be brought online during the maintenance period and be usable after some time during the downtime?

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • I see. At least we'll be getting a better server, which is the advantage. I don't really mind having to wait for the stuff to get transferred over, since in a week's time or so we'll have a better server with no-one getting Cloudflare'd. :P

Years
  • FINALLY JESUS

The wonders of Amazon Prime has Man of Steel 2-Disc Special Edition DVD on my doorstep tomorrow morning anyways. I'll be just fine.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I don't mind the server move, because:

• I can do schoolwork
    • I have exams until thursday
    • I can finally get to making one of the many RPs I've been planning
    • I'll probably get more sleep
    I'll be so anxious though. ;-; Hope it goes well!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Well its about time. So excited for this. PC will be so much better with this change. In the meantime, I guess I'll be forced to be productive, haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Good to see the long wished update. It will be kinda weird not being able to be on PC but it's for important business =)
    Good luck with the update and hopefully we'll get to see our PC back in a blink of eye =)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm glad to see we are getting a new server. PC truly deserves that much since it's such a great place to be. I've been here since 2004, and it's always been my home... despite the bad memories I have. No other forum can compete with PC, at least not for me.

So, I'll be sure to find other things to do. XD

Years
  • Gotta say, it's going to be weird getting home from work the next couple of nights and not logging on to PC first thing, but it should definitely be worth the few days it's down. Anything that gives me some extra time to play Pokemon Y and keeps us from all the downtimes going forward is fine with me!

Back