• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dreaming

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Do you dream a lot? Or don't you dream at all? And if you do, do you remember them or forget them short after waking up? Do you have nightmares or recurring dreams, too?

You're free to tell what your dreams are /usually/ about as well, if you wish!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I tend to dream fairly often, not all the time though sadly. Once I had a dream though I'll remember it for days if not weeks on end depending on what happened in it, I don't recall any recurring dreams happening very much if at all but I've had plenty of nightmares though that's for sure.

I'm not gonna go into my more explicit dreams and say that they're usually about stuff along the lines of fighting off hordes of lighter wielding cabbage patch kids with a pair of switchblades in the forest during midnight and that one time I accidentally shot frosty the snowman while in the middle of a firefight in an arctic compound, yes I know I should lay off the pot.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I have three types of dreams if I dream

1. Chaos
    Just straight chaos where the laws of the universe have been broken and nothing makes sense

2. Vision
    A realistic dream, these almost always turn out to be true

3. "Wait, I'm dreaming!"
    If I figure out I'm dreaming, boom, super powers. I become ruler of the world and get plenty of hot girlies.

Years
  • I dream somewhat often. I don't typically remember my dreams very well afterwards, though. At first I'll be like "hells yeah I remember this" but typically by an hour after I wake up, it's all but forgotten.

The weirdest ones for me are the ones where people I know, both online or offline, are in them and are totally different from how they usually are. :s

Recurring dreams are somewhat rare for me. If they do, it's because I'm worrying about it a lot. For instance, my ankle has been screwed up the past two weeks, so I've had at least two dreams about it being broken...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I will JUST wake up from a dream and completely forget it sometimes. It'll be that very day I wake up from the dream, see a person who was in it, and remember the dream entirely.

I have lucid dreams (dreams in which you are conscious that you are dreaming) somewhat frequently, though. Which is odd.

I have nightmares a lot. But my nightmares all consist of one thing very common here in Louisiana, coyotes. No idea why. None. But EVERY nightmare I have EVER had since I was a kid, had something to do about a coyote. Me, in my grandparent's backyard (which is bigger than a football field) with its tall grass, and a coyote or SEVEN gunning after me. I'm always conscious in those dream, but for some reason, unable to control them, so finally I force my body awake.

Years
  • I dream somewhat often. I don't typically remember my dreams very well afterwards, though. At first I'll be like "hells yeah I remember this" but typically by an hour after I wake up, it's all but forgotten.

Calling BS on the bold part. I know practically nothing about you but I honestly cannot even imagine you saying "hell yeah". It just doesn't fit my perception of you at all lol.

Anyway it all varies for me. Most of the time though I don't dream. When I do, they are usually quite creative and imaginative but I have had my fair share of realistic dreams too. I can generally recall the gist of my dreams when I awaken though at times I cannot remember at all. I have had nightmares before though not very often and even less frequently have I had recurring dreams. Most of my dreams are unique.

Years
  • I feel lucky if I remember a dream at all and like I've won the lottery if I can still remember what happened in it later in the day.

Like this morning, I remembered dreaming about... something. All I have left of it is this image of the back of the head of a bald person. No context or anything.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • I'm the same as Scarf, it's an accomplishment when I remember my dreams. xD;

I think it has to do with the fact that I don't sleep until about 3am, and past that I don't sleep well.

Most of it's restless sleep, so it's dreamless. Though when I first got into Homestuck I was having dreams about it all the time, and I still dream about it sometimes in really short intervals. Like 2 second dreams. Even those are really rare.

Years
  • I tend to dream a lot, but its if I remember them that's the question. You tend to remember dreams better if they occur in your final sleep cycle, but to be honest I don't remember them all that well even then.
    I'll sometimes randomly remember a specific part of a dream. It doesn't have to even be an image or a voice, it can just be a concept. The other day I was walking past a school and there was a guy stood outside the gates and I suddenly thought "Oh, I had a dream one of my friends was a paedophile last night." which doesn't surprise me really. A lot of my dreams are quite surreal.
    As for the reccuring dream thing I use to have one when I was younger where I spend hours gathering things, placing them under a big sheet and then unveiling whatever it was that I built only have the sheet get caught and pull the whole thing over. As soon as it hit the floor and smashed I'd wake up. I also have a few dreams every now and then where the internet merges with real life if that counts as a recurring dream. It's probably just a sign I need to get out more to be honest.

Ayselipera

I usually have the memory of dreaming every night, but not the actual memory of the dream. I tend to go through these days or weeks where I'll remember a majority of my dreams so I can actually tell them.

I don't think I've had any of my reoccurring dreams in a while, but I have had some nightmares recently. A zombie nightmare being the most recent of them lolol.

My dreams tend to include exaggerated versions of people I know irl. I noticed a lot in my past dreams they had a running theme of having no one to go to/being trapped/lost/chased. Now they tend to have themes that work around something I recently talked about or has happened irl and then played out with a completely random plot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Most of my dreams lately have been Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh related. In the Yu-Gi-Oh related ones, I usually dream about having cards that everyone's been using, then waking up and realizing I don't have those cards...yet. I don't remember exactly what the Pokemon-related ones are ,though.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't remember my dreams very often. I wish I kind of did... Though I have noticed that I tend to remember my dreams during the summer, whether it's the summer or the lack of stress, I'll never know. Typically, those dreams are realistic and I get weird senses of deja vu whenever I wake up. Sometimes, I swear my dreams predict the future.

Guest123_x1

I have weird dreams quite a lot. Most of them that I remember are about school, getting on a school bus, or places burning down. On those that I don't forget about after waking up, I usually remember them long enough to write them down (particularly if they're quite bad, such as one that I had several years ago about a school shooting that I was falsely accused of).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I dream a lot. Often about people I've met and places I've been to. I don't have nightmares very often and I'm thankful for that. I sometimes dream that I'm flying :3 It's really nice. Those are my favorite dreams, or the very adventurous ones where I'm not afraid but I'm very excited all the time. Hate waking up from those before they end :(

And when I've been out partying I always dream that I drink a lot of orange juice or water lol. My body's way of telling me I'm dehydrated.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I dream a lot, but I only remember my nightmares (precisely I had one last night XD), not that they are common at all. Lucid dreaming is a very common occurrence for me though, specially when the dreams are going wrong. I love realizing it's all a dream and "rewriting the script" on the way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I dream of the weirdest stuff, usually involving me at either school or at work in the most messed up situations. For the most part, I don't remember details of those kinds of dreams when I wake up the next morning, but I do remember at some point in the dream going "this is f-ing weird."

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I dream all the time; always suitably morbid or depressing. Most of them can be connected to my fears and worries, sometimes they're just entirely random. They're always long and detailed, one dream will often segue into another entirely different dream.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I dream quite often, and most of the time, I forget them after a few minutes. I'd say most of them contain Pokémon in some way or form. But the problem is that I wake up constantly throughout the night, so all my dreams are short or cut short.

-Connor97-

Yeah that's that super bass
    Years
  • yush i dream a lottt 8DDD, and i always remember them >A<, well nearly always. but i always daydream too o3o, its like im on a different world sometimes :P

Back