• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Like this bigger?
ECcUI9y.png

n6zQi4Q.png

They were 36x36 so I resized them and fitted them to 40x40 because of this quote by ChaosRush himself:

I did try 48x48 too and that was already too big. So I stuck up with 40x40. :)

That's perf. Edit this post with credits and it'll be accepted.

EDIT:

Vg8mJOi.png

oU1EXbS.png

Credits: leparagon, Trev, BlackWhiteRobin

Did some cleanup edits on the backsprites, mostly because leparagon added a bunch of unnecessary dark brown pixels that made the sprite look very hefty on the bottom of the head. This looks a bit cleaner now.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Hi, just popping in that, since we don't have any Turtonator edits, we should just go ahead and use the leparagon version. Not a fan of Jaeger's version and our current backsprite is subpar at best (even with my edits :P) and leparagon's backsprite is way better.

I'll work on the sprites when I lose motivation to keep continuing my hack. Thanks all.

leparagon's front sprite, no... Back sprite, yes... I don't like the size of the front sprite...

That's perf. Edit this post with credits and it'll be accepted.

EDIT:

Vg8mJOi.png

oU1EXbS.png

Credits: leparagon, Trev, BlackWhiteRobin

Did some cleanup edits on the backsprites, mostly because leparagon added a bunch of unnecessary dark brown pixels that made the sprite look very hefty on the bottom of the head. This looks a bit cleaner now.

Nice resize... Now that's the reason why I'm allowing upscaled sprites...

Next update will have Turtonator and Mimikyu forms...

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
leparagon's front sprite, no... Back sprite, yes... I don't like the size of the front sprite...

The front sprite can pass, I guess. I'll see if I can find a better one, but for now, it should be alright. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
aight, i'm just gonna leave my two cents here: leparagon's turtonator front sprite is perfectly fine. you keep saying that it's "not big enough" but like... turtonator isn't supposed to be some kind of massive mountain of a pokemon. proportionally speaking, the front sprite you accepted is waaaaaay too big, whereas leparagon's is roughly the right scale. additionally, leparagon's sprite is just better than the other one- there's something about the other one, something about its face, that is just incredibly off. also, it's not even facing the right direction or looking at its opponent.

use leparagon's front sprite. it's not "too small," it's the best we're going to get.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Heya~ I made a backsprite for Kartana:
ZCWStap.png
(JaegerLucciano23, il1dan, Aiolia.leo, BlackWhiteRobin)
I also edited the front sprite a bit and by a bit, I mean a lot. I swear this is the most accurate one. How can I say? Well, because I actually made an origami of it just for reference. And it is not easy! Hahaha. Oh and if anyone asks why his back is flat, tell them I said because Kartana is actually an origami-like Pok?mon. And looking at the back of his models show a flawless back. :)

Now for the credits, I'm not sure but here's what is posted on the hub. (JaegerLucciano23, il1dan, Aiolia.leo) Just for the front sprites which I also edited. The backsprite is entirely made from scratch. Cheers for Kartana! :)

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
ZCWStap.png
I also edited the front sprite a bit and by a bit, I mean a lot. I swear this is the most accurate one. How can I say? Well, because I actually made an origami of it just for reference. And it is not easy! Hahaha. Oh and if anyone asks why his back is flat, tell them I said because Kartana is actually an origami-like Pok?mon. And looking at the back of his models show a flawless back. :)

Now for the credits, I'm not sure but here's what is posted on the hub. (JaegerLucciano23, il1dan, Aiolia.leo) Just for the front sprites which I also edited. The backsprite is entirely made from scratch. Cheers for Kartana! :)

Hey, that looks great! But even though that's how Kartana is supposed to look, we're going to need the lines so we can have some shading. Right now the back of the head looks flat, so we need that shading to give it depth. We're also gonna need some shading on the wings. Thanks for the work!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, that looks great! But even though that's how Kartana is supposed to look, we're going to need the lines so we can have some shading. Right now the back of the head looks flat, so we need that shading to give it depth. We're also gonna need some shading on the wings. Thanks for the work!
I agree about the shading. I suck at shading. I have no future in shading. ._. I can't say that I entirely agree about the back of the head since it is supposed to be flat. But I'll see what I can do. :)

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
The front sprite can pass, I guess. I'll see if I can find a better one, but for now, it should be alright. ?\_(?)_/?

aight, i'm just gonna leave my two cents here: leparagon's turtonator front sprite is perfectly fine. you keep saying that it's "not big enough" but like... turtonator isn't supposed to be some kind of massive mountain of a pokemon. proportionally speaking, the front sprite you accepted is waaaaaay too big, whereas leparagon's is roughly the right scale. additionally, leparagon's sprite is just better than the other one- there's something about the other one, something about its face, that is just incredibly off. also, it's not even facing the right direction or looking at its opponent.

use leparagon's front sprite. it's not "too small," it's the best we're going to get.

Okay, thanks for those feedback... However, I'm not fond of that tail taking up a huge space... I think from top of the head to the tip of the feet should consume all 64 vertical pixels... Unless someone can make that possible for leparagon's front sprite or finish fishbowlsoul90's front sprite which I reposed before then we should have a better front sprite (unfortunately, I can't draw the tail)... Anyway, how about this one (just added a horrible neck which I think can be fixed):
dIxa4mD.png
(head from leparagon and fishbowlsoul90, the rest from JaegerLucciano23)

ZCWStap.png

That's a nice sprite... A few QCs and shades and it will be posted in the OP... By the way, since you made the sprite from scratch, the proper credit would be JaegerLucciano23 for the front and you for the back)...

Agree with this one...

Mimikyu sprites will have to wait in the meantime... Also, I would like to have your opinion about replacing the current Gumshoos front sprite with leparagon's (current sprite colors will remain)...

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I agree about the shading. I suck at shading. I have no future in shading. ._. I can't say that I entirely agree about the back of the head since it is supposed to be flat. But I'll see what I can do. :)

Unfortunately, there's a lot of times where you have to give up anatomical accuracy for the sake of appearance when you're making sprites for Pokemon that don't have them. GameFreak does it a lot anyway, so we're just doing what the pros do, really :v

Okay, thanks for those feedback... However, I'm not fond of that tail taking up a huge space... I think from top of the head to the tip of the feet should consume all 64 vertical pixels... Unless someone can make that possible for leparagon's front sprite or finish fishbowlsoul90's front sprite which I reposed before then we should have a better front sprite (unfortunately, I can't draw the tail)... Anyway, how about this one (just added a horrible neck which I think can be fixed):
dIxa4mD.png
(head from leparagon and fishbowlsoul90, the rest from JaegerLucciano23)

Okay, I'm stubborn and I'm fighting you on this.

unknown.png

This is a comparison image Z sent me. If you look at Reshiram's sprite, his head is pretty damn small, but he's proportionally sound. Turtonator, in the current sprite you're using, is bigger than Reshiram proportionally. That's not a thing that should be happening. I understand that you don't like the tail, but in the long run, that doesn't matter at all because a smaller Turtonator is more proportionally correct than the one we have now. As your quality checker, I highly, highly, highly recommend you take my advice and Z's advice and use leparagon's front.

Mimikyu sprites will have to wait in the meantime... Also, I would like to have your opinion about replacing the current Gumshoos front sprite with leparagon's (current sprite colors will remain)...

There is zero reason to wait on the Mimikyu sprites. I already made edits to Robin's versions and they're good to go.

As for Gumshoos, yes, that's fine.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, we can use leparagon's sprite once the tail is "fixed" without even resizing it... I'm just not fond of the tail consuming many pixels... With that, I'll be dropping the current featured Turtonator until the tail will be "fixed", and also the current featured Kartana to give way to the completion of BlackWhiteRobin's back sprite...

In the meantime, I will try to tweak leparagon's Turtonator front sprite body parts (less the tail)... The output will be almost similar to the previous WIP front sprite though (temporarily without a tail)...

The tail is supposed to be that size. That's how it looks in all official art of it. It's really not even that big.

Spoiler:

Seriously, let the tail go. The sprite is fine. I am telling you from a spriter standpoint that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this sprite :v

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
yeah, agreed with trev here. aside from the fact that you said "thanks for the feedback" before immediately proceeding to ignore all of the feedback i gave, you're denying the thread the best turtonator sprite over a really, really minor point. this is intended to be a resource where people can get the highest quality sprites available for their hack. by repeatedly refusing to use the turtonator sprite just because of the tail, you are going against this thread's purpose, because you're providing people with an inferior sprite when a better one is readily available. (seriously, the leg on that one looks really bad- it's way too thick, the "toes" are messy, and the crouching pose just looks awkward.)

the tail does not need to be fixed. the tail is proportional in size to turtonator. the tail is not taking up too many pixels. and quite frankly, this has gone on way longer than is warranted for a single sprite. just use leparagon's sprite, it's really not that difficult.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years
In regards to the Turtonator sprite, I have to agree that the tail is fine. I hold every sprite I see to massively high standards, and leparagon has almost never disappointed me. Personally, I think that the tail looks better that way. I understand that everyone has a different opinion on what does and doesn't look good, and in the end it's your call to make, but I would strongly suggest you just stick with leparagon's Turtonator.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
The tail is supposed to be that size. That's how it looks in all official art of it. It's really not even that big.

Spoiler:

Seriously, let the tail go. The sprite is fine. I am telling you from a spriter standpoint that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this sprite :v

yeah, agreed with trev here. aside from the fact that you said "thanks for the feedback" before immediately proceeding to ignore all of the feedback i gave, you're denying the thread the best turtonator sprite over a really, really minor point. this is intended to be a resource where people can get the highest quality sprites available for their hack. by repeatedly refusing to use the turtonator sprite just because of the tail, you are going against this thread's purpose, because you're providing people with an inferior sprite when a better one is readily available. (seriously, the leg on that one looks really bad- it's way too thick, the "toes" are messy, and the crouching pose just looks awkward.)

the tail does not need to be fixed. the tail is proportional in size to turtonator. the tail is not taking up too many pixels. and quite frankly, this has gone on way longer than is warranted for a single sprite. just use leparagon's sprite, it's really not that difficult.

In regards to the Turtonator sprite, I have to agree that the tail is fine. I hold every sprite I see to massively high standards, and leparagon has almost never disappointed me. Personally, I think that the tail looks better that way. I understand that everyone has a different opinion on what does and doesn't look good, and in the end it's your call to make, but I would strongly suggest you just stick with leparagon's Turtonator.

Ok, so we'll be using leparagon's Turtonator front sprite as a base... I'm just uncomfortable with the tail... I tried this though:
x9StgYe.png
using leparagon's sprite and adding JaegerLucciano's sprite tail... Neck is horrible though...

After some efforts searching for Solgaleo's box icon, I decided to draw it myself.
ceTVWDg.png

Sorry but we have to use the official icon as one of the frames... Here's the icon:
791MS.png

MBCMechachu, what do you think?

Also, I tried watching the SM anime and saw Rotom Pok?dex's back, I guess we have to edit the back sprite:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
okay, i don't think you fully understand what we're saying when we say that leparagon's turtonator sprite is fine. we're not saying "it's fine to use as a base." we're saying "it's fine to use, the way it is, full stop." you are the only person who has any kind of problem whatsoever with the tail. let the tail go. if you, personally, are uncomfortable with the tail, then use that other sprite when you're making a hack, but everyone else who has expressed an opinion is in favour of leparagon's sprite. so please, just use it. no modifications, no changing the tail or upscaling it, just put leparagon's sprite in the base and be done with it.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Fine then, we'll use leparagon's Turtonator front sprite as is... {:3} In line with that, I think we can also use leparagon's Kommo-o front sprite? ^^

Unless something will be submitted, next update will have Mimikyu forms, Turtonator and Gumshoos...

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Fine then, we'll use leparagon's Turtonator front sprite as is... {:3} In line with that, I think we can also use leparagon's Kommo-o front sprite? ^^

Tf no. There's nothing wrong with the sprite we currently have. In fact, it's fantastic. Please don't start trying to replace sprites that don't need replacing.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Tf no. There's nothing wrong with the sprite we currently have. In fact, it's fantastic. Please don't start trying to replace sprites that don't need replacing.

Ok... ^^

By the way, are you guys (to everyone) fine with the idea of adding Totem form sprites here? No need to resize the current sprites but only add an aura-like stuff... I hope many people can share their thoughts about this just as when the Turtonator issue came up... After all, this is one of the original aim of this thread (which was one of the main reason why I finally accepted using the Turtonator front sprite as is)... :)

So yeah, I really need your opinions on this one...

goranthegreat

I saw this nosepass sprite by Chaos Rush and well i wanted to know if i could do some of the other backsprites in this shading style or at least some of my backsprites
bO8BZrA.png
Like this for example well its not as much dithering as Chaos Rush's sprite but is it alright if i do this or is this a no no?
zbGvPNx.png
The original sprite

Last edited:
Back