• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Hello, friends!

So I have made my first 6 sprites (of Pokémon) and I'm stuck with them, could you please help me?

I'm having that problem that says the "image is not indexed" or "it has no alpha channel", and all I have done haven't worked so far (sometimes it simply ruins my art and still won't work)... I still don't understand this alpha/index thing.

I use Photoshop, can you guys tell me how to make these sprites useable!

Ps: I can download any other software if needed.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I made more icons (Warning: This includes some Pokemon from gen 4 & 5 & I have no idea on whether or not they have been tackled already.)
    DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64
    Genesect
    Gliscor
    Turtwig
    Grotle
    Monferno
    Porygon-Z
    Kricketot
    Victini
    Snivy
    Servine
    Popplio
    Swoobat

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I am going to say this again for the last time.

Icon submissions are suspended at this time. Do not submit icons until submissions are open.

Hello, friends!

So I have made my first 6 sprites (of Pokémon) and I'm stuck with them, could you please help me?

I'm having that problem that says the "image is not indexed" or "it has no alpha channel", and all I have done haven't worked so far (sometimes it simply ruins my art and still won't work)... I still don't understand this alpha/index thing.

Are you talking about the sprites from this topic? You don't need to index them. You can insert them using Wichu's sprite editor. This is also not the place to ask this.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I made more icons (Warning: This includes some Pokemon from gen 4 & 5 & I have no idea on whether or not they have been tackled already.)
    Genesect
    Gliscor
    Turtwig
    Grotle
    Monferno
    Porygon-Z
    Kricketot
    Victini
    Snivy
    Servine
    Popplio
    Swoobat

Please hold your icons in the meantime and those are for Gen. 4 and 5 which aren't covered by this thread... Maybe you should post that to the Sugimori color resource thread by MrDollSteak...

Hello, friends!

This is not the proper thread for that problem...

Anyway, here are new sprites posted in the OP:
    (leparagon, OtaKun (front); haimon_99, academico95 (back))
    (fishbowlsoul90, Versekr Dark, Trev)

Next will be the Alolan Vulpix front sprite QC...

Also, Mega Ampharos and Mega Garchomp placeholder sprites are also dropped since both are already available in the Gen. 6 resource thread...

Last edited:

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Some others missings to do, reply with critical constructive comments... Hope u like it (sorry is someone is repeat or doublepasting, whatever..)

We already have a Crabominable sprite and it's significantly better than this one, so this is rejected. You also don't have any credits so it would have been rejected anyway.

We have rejected these backsprites several times already, and we're not changing our minds on them. You also didn't include credits so they would have been rejected anyway.

While I do like these sprites, you haven't listed any credits for them, so I have to reject them.

The front sprite is nice, but the backsprite is Salandit, not Salazzle. You also didn't give any credits, so I have to reject it.

I like the backsprite, but it's missing several features. You also didn't provide any credits, so I have to reject them.

We already have perfectly fine/stylistically correct versions of all of these sprites barring Persian, which is being remade by an off-site spriter already. You also didn't provide any credits, so I'm rejecting all of them.

These sprites do not fit HGSS style, and there are no credits for them, so I have to reject them.

The palette for the front sprite is obviously wrong and there was no need to replace it, and you also didn't provide any credits, so I have to reject this one.

The front sprite is not in HGSS style and you didn't provide credits, so I have to reject this sprite as well.

You all think I'm kidding about credits? It's serious shit.

Years
  • We already have a Crabominable sprite and it's significantly better than this one, so this is rejected. You also don't have any credits so it would have been rejected anyway.

We have rejected these backsprites several times already, and we're not changing our minds on them. You also didn't include credits so they would have been rejected anyway.

While I do like these sprites, you haven't listed any credits for them, so I have to reject them.

The front sprite is nice, but the backsprite is Salandit, not Salazzle. You also didn't give any credits, so I have to reject it.

I like the backsprite, but it's missing several features. You also didn't provide any credits, so I have to reject them.

We already have perfectly fine/stylistically correct versions of all of these sprites barring Persian, which is being remade by an off-site spriter already. You also didn't provide any credits, so I'm rejecting all of them.

These sprites do not fit HGSS style, and there are no credits for them, so I have to reject them.

The palette for the front sprite is obviously wrong and there was no need to replace it, and you also didn't provide any credits, so I have to reject this one.

The front sprite is not in HGSS style and you didn't provide credits, so I have to reject this sprite as well.

You all think I'm kidding about credits? It's serious ****.

Did I ask for some approval of these sprites in your main list? I don't think so, so, I reject all of your comments :)

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Did I ask for some approval of these sprites in your main list? I don't think so, so, I reject all of your comments :)

Well, I am one of two people who decides what sprites are being added to that main list, and darkdragon and I both agreed on those sprites, so you have to deal with my comments whether you like them or not. :P Get credits on the sprites if you want me to consider them. That's non-negotiable.

Years
  • Well, I am one of two people who decides what sprites are being added to that main list, and darkdragon and I both agreed on those sprites, so you have to deal with my comments whether you like them or not. :P Get credits on the sprites if you want me to consider them. That's non-negotiable.

Do you understand english at all? I'm gonna try again with reaaally easy words.. Who's asking to put those images in your main list at all? Well at least, NOT me, so ain't if I like or not your crappy comments, is that there's NOT place for them, cuz I NEVER ask to put those images at any main list... Did you get it now? this is a repository.

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Do you understand english at all? I'm gonna try again with reaaally easy words.. Who's asking to put those images in your main list at all? Well at least, NOT me, so ain't if I like or not your crappy comments, is that there's NOT place for them, cuz I NEVER ask to put those images at any main list... Did you get it now? this is a repository.

The goal of this thread is to assemble sprites that can be inserted into ROM hacks. If you post sprites here, they are going to be assumed to be for that purpose, and, yes, I will accept them or reject them based on quality, which is in-line with the intended purpose of this thread. If the sprites you post here are not for that intended purpose, do not post them here. Despite the name, we are not a storage receptacle for peoples' sprites. You can make your own thread if you want to get feedback on sprites. This is not the place for it.

Years
  • Do you understand english at all? I'm gonna try again with reaaally easy words.. Who's asking to put those images in your main list at all? Well at least, NOT me, so ain't if I like or not your crappy comments, is that there's NOT place for them, cuz I NEVER ask to put those images at any main list... Did you get it now? this is a repository.

And these people run and approve what goes into the repository. Please respect the feedback they give you, and not be so aggressive in your replies.

Years
  • The goal of this thread is to assemble sprites that can be inserted into ROM hacks. If you post sprites here, they are going to be assumed to be for that purpose, and, yes, I will accept them or reject them based on quality, which is in-line with the intended purpose of this thread. If the sprites you post here are not for that intended purpose, do not post them here. Despite the name, we are not a storage receptacle for peoples' sprites. You can make your own thread if you want to get feedback on sprites. This is not the place for it.

Then please update this main post thread because it's different that what you're doing.

It says (quote) "... members can submit their own sprites and members can vote/decide which submissions should be "featured", unless I or one of the contributors among the choices thinks that the other is a "better" pick..."

So, change this because isn't decided by "members", but just one member, and there's not any "vote" neither...

And these people run and approve what goes into the repository. Please respect the feedback they give you, and not be so aggressive in your replies.

Same.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Anyway, here are new sprites posted in the OP:
    (leparagon, Megax Rocker (front); academico95 (back))
    well that is literally my sprite but recolored, shouldn't i get the credits too??
    i posted the sprite (on about page 30) and it was rejected for being too small but now its accepted... -_-
    anyways the thread is looking great now and is well organised too
    also are the mega pokemon sprite submissions open???

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Moving on to important stuff now.

Credits: Espeon Scientist, Trev

The response took a while but I got permission and that's what matters. I will be resizing the backsprite made by this same person to go along with this.

Here's today's problem sprite: Phere-fucking-mosa.

You might be wondering what this horribly-colored contraption is. This is a palette sheet for Pheremosa. I was attempting to edit her palettes and noticed extreme inconsistencies that were extremely difficult to pick out, so I said, screw it, let's just start all over.

The colors all represent one singular color (the dark red is one color, the dark yellow is one color, etc.) I have used different colors on the shiny to indicate which ones need to be different from the original. I have also thrown in a light blue on the shiny front - this specific color was omitted from the original shiny palette and exchanged for solid black, even though the normal palette had a specific color for that. That is absolutely unacceptable and if anyone does that on any other sprite they submit I will personally fite you.

Her palette needs completely redone. Try not to use extremely bright whites and extremely dark greys. The contrast will be ugly and painful to look at. Do not touch the gold bands/crown or any colors of her eyes, as they are all consistent.

How the heck Academico got all the credit to the back that I made firstly?

No, that is his own sprite. They look similar but there were a lot of differences that made it obvious that he made it himself. Also, as I said before, credit issues are to be taken up privately in VM/PM with either me or darkdragon, not in thread.

Back