• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dude...did you seriously just wash dishes?!

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I couldn't really come up with an interesting and Eternal Nightmarish awesome name for this thread but that's off the point.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that back in the day people didn't have the fancy technology that we have today and whatever they wanted done...they had to do themselves, am I correct.

My question to you, my fellow PC members, is "Do you prefer doing things manually or having something or someone do stuff for you?" Simple things such as washing dishes...do you wash them, does your mom or dad wash them, or better yet why not toss them in the dish washer. So which do you prefer. Personally I like a little of both manual labor is nice as that's what life basically is and sitting idoly by and letting your work get handle by a machine isn't half bad either.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Dish washer.

My sisters leave their dishes in there with food crusted on for days. It gets all mouldy and smells :| I'm not washing that crap lol

For everything else, it depends on the chore, really. Sometimes manual labour is nice, sometimes no.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    "Do you prefer doing things manually or having something or someone do stuff for you?"

I like things done by myself. I'm trying to become more independent, since I hate asking for others help :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I like manual things, and failing that: mechanical ones; computer-controlled things are last on my list.
    For instance, I'd rather ride my bicycle everywhere, but my car is faster so becomes the primary choice over longer distances; being old, my car has cables for the footpedals, a manual choke, et caetera. I like having that degree of control which, were I to entrust those functions to a computer (as modern cars), I would lose.

As for other people doing things for me, if I'm good at something I'll rather do it myself, if I'm not then someone else can do it.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Depends on the thing. If I get a good work out while doing it, maybe. xD If it's something like washing the dishes, I want other people to do it (I don't have a dish washer), but I end up doing it anyway. >_>

Haha, I also sometimes manage to make other people do my homework. =3 I know, I'm badass.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    It wildly depends on my mood and level of energy. Now normally, I just don't do them unless asked, or I feel that it needs to be done, and I have enough energy, spare time and other motivation to do so.

With that being said, variables do indeed dictate how I react to a lot of things. I tend to analyze and act according to my findings. If something fails, it gets sent to the "debugger" and I figure out the root cause of the problem.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I tend to do things for myself. I don't want to rely on a lot of machines or people to do things. All I need is have a washer and dryer to do my clothes and that is it. I wash my dishes by hand. I have a dishwasher, but I hardly ever use it. And I use a computer to do my job so yeah. That is all.

Years
    Because of the fact that our dishwasher isn't very powerful (and food cakes on and dries in a matter of hours Dx) we do a bit of hand-washing/scrubbing of our dishes before we run them through the dishwasher... I used to do this all the time until I got too busy to be one of the dishwashers anymore.

For other stuff, I do some manual labor and let other stuff be run by a machine. My job is really hands on, though, since it involves the upkeep of a computer network and computer hardware.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Sometimes I need to do manual work for the automatic thing to function properly. Also, I do a lot more manual work than automatic due to the fact, that most things I do are basically only able to do manual, or easier/safer/(some other pro about manual doing it.) Like.. eh.. tending to animals.. you can't really use a machine to do that.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I am lazy, lazy, lazy. I like having things done for me!

Of course, it never hurts to get some hands-on experience either. I don't mind doing some things, like cleaning or washing dishes. If only I could find someone who would do my laundry, though...and write my essays.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Umm...if I see tons of dishes, I usually head over and do them really quick. I'd rather not make my parents suffer and have to do them if there's a ton, since they work hard enough. :>

Otherwise, idk. Depends on what we're talking about.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    For dishes, we do both. Hand wash, then dishwasher. For everything else, though... Which is pretty much washing and drying clothes, we put them in the washer/dryer.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I like doing the dishes. But for laundry, the machine will have to do it for me. I like to plan and do things my way, so most of the time I do it myself.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I prefer to do my dishes myself but I never do anyone elses. I like doing things myself but at times I wish someone else could do it for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I prefer having something do the work for me. That's the whole reason it was invented, after all. :(

After 8 months of not having a dishwasher and having to wash all of my own (and, when things piled up, most of my housemates' ><) dishes, I love being back home with my parents and having a dishwasher. Buuut since our dishwasher sucks, I have to thoroughly rinse everything that goes in there anyway, so I may as well just be manually washing them. (Just if I use the dishwasher, I don't have to dry it all, orz.)

But like, I can't even imagine manually washing all my clothes or anything like that. :( The only thing I can think of that does things for me automatically that I don't use is our Roomba. (I think that's what it's called?) My dad once won a little robot thingy that automatically vacuums for you. If it bumps into a wall, it'll turn and keep going and if it realizes it's near stairs or a drop off, it stops and turns around, etc. But it does a horrible job so it's sitting in the basement collecting dust and we just manually vacuum on our own, haha. D:

But overall, I like machines that make mundane tasks like that much easier. n_n

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
    I love having things done for me like the dishes and the laundry. Living without a dishwasher last week was really weird. Having to hand wash those took a lot of time out and was really boring.

I really don't want to relive that time in life again. xD

Back