• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Thanks for informing me. Even I am a python programmer so i really know what a script requires . So besides asking you and disturbing you I will just wait and check for the updates , anyway nice to meet you and Best of luck to both of you for script . 🙂

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    hey guys i took some time to build some maps but i think i don t understand
    how lure will work with rare spawn in dynamax raids i know i am stupid
    but like i give an example take a water raid in which dragonair is the rarest pokemon
    but even lure doesnt help in that spawning if you dont know what lure is
    a item that boost chace of rare pokemon to spawn

Years
    • Seen today
    hey guys i took some time to build some maps but i think i don t understand
    how lure will work with rare spawn in dynamax raids i know i am stupid
    but like i give an example take a water raid in which dragonair is the rarest pokemon
    but even lure doesnt help in that spawning if you dont know what lure is
    a item that boost chace of rare pokemon to spawn

So if I understand you correctly, you have a custom item called Lure that is designed for attracting rare wild species, and you're asking how to attract a rare species in a den with this item?

Honestly, I don't really feel like the item should affect den species. I mean, other encounter-modifying items like Repels and White Flute have no effect on raids, so I don't really think this Lure item should, either. Raid encounters are events, and event species aren't usually affected by encounter modifiers.

If you're dead set on making it work on raids though, I don't think there's an easy solution. The way raids determine species is handled in a completely different way than standard encounters are, so there's no generalized way to do this. The only things I can think of are:

A) Manually create a list of rare species the raid should spawn if the Lure item is active. But then you'd have to do this with every single raid event.
    B) Set the species to nil so that the den only spawns species on that map's encounter table, and customize the code in the raid script itself where this is handled so that it pulls from a specific "rare" encounter table instead when Lure is active. Idk how to actually do this off the top of my head, it's just a general idea.

The simplest solution imo is just to not have Lures affect raids lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    you understand me correctly and lure is not a custom item it is lets go game
    and i think a simple line of code script can do it i think
    like battle compatibility if you have mega evolution available dynamax is locked so
    if you can make a custom code that checks if lure is active and then
    changes the pokemon spawn rate so rare pokemon like those who have a 1% chance
    of spawning becomes like 10%

Years
    • Seen today
    you understand me correctly and lure is not a custom item it is lets go game
    and i think a simple line of code script can do it i think
    like battle compatibility if you have mega evolution available dynamax is locked so
    if you can make a custom code that checks if lure is active and then
    changes the pokemon spawn rate so rare pokemon like those who have a 1% chance
    of spawning becomes like 10%

You don't understand how raids determine species. It's not based on the encounter data. It gathers every species in the Pokemon PBS that matches your criteria (Rank, Types, Habitat, Regional Dex) and then puts all those species into one big array and then randomly chooses between all of those species. Rarity is never something thats considered, because it's not checking what the encounter rates are for that species on each map. So it's impossible to determine which species is "rare" and which isn't without reworking how the entire species list is generated. And that's a lot of work just to make one item work with this.

And like I said earlier, it wouldn't even make sense for Lure to work with this, anyway. The Lure item in the LGPE games affect wild overworld Pokemon. It doesn't affect event Pokemon. Raid Den Pokemon are event Pokemon, so even if dens existed in LGPE, Lures wouldn't affect them anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    A little problem, the Life ord should reduce 5% instead of 10% when dynamax,but I cant find similar handle in the scripts.
    I did some simple and temporary handle below.
    BattleHandlers::UserItemAfterMoveUse.add(:LIFEORB,
    proc { |item,user,targets,move,numHits,battle|
    next if !user.takesIndirectDamage?
    next if !move.pbDamagingMove? || numHits==0
    hitBattler = false
    targets.each do |b|
    hitBattler = true if !b.damageState.unaffected && !b.damageState.substitute
    break if hitBattler
    end
    next if !hitBattler
    PBDebug.log("[Item triggered] #{user.pbThis}'s #{user.itemName} (recoil)")
    user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/10) if !user.dynamax?
    user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/20) if user.dynamax?
    battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} lost some of its HP!",user.pbThis))
    user.pbItemHPHealCheck
    user.pbFaint if user.fainted?
    }
    )

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A little problem, the Life ord should reduce 5% instead of 10% when dynamax,but I cant find similar handle in the scripts.
    I did some simple and temporary handle below.

Thanks for reporting.
    I think the right code should be:
    Code:
     user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/(10*user.dynamaxBoost))
    instead of:
    Code:
    user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/10) if !user.dynamax?
    user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/20) if user.dynamax?
    because the Pokémon does not need to be at max dynamax level :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Major Update!
    A new plugin will be released tomorrow that incorporates Z-Move and Ultra Burst mechanics and all Dynamax and Max Raid mechanics found in this thread into a single, comprehensive project. This will be known as the ZUD Plugin (Z-Moves + Ultra Burst + Dynamax), and is designed for Essentials v18.dev. Check out ZUD Plugin here. This thread and version of the Dynamax plugin will be abandoned afterwards, so please move any questions or discussion to the new thread, instead.

The new ZUD Plugin includes an improved version of Dynamax and Max Raids that fixes all known issues with the current Dynamax plugin, as well adding a slew of new options and features that this current plugin doesn't support. Here's a glimpse of the new content that will be included:

Dynamax
    Spoiler:

Max Raids
    Spoiler:

And of course, full compatibility with Z-Moves and Ultra Burst mechanics.

Hope you're all looking forward to it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Wow! I am really looking forward to it.
    I wonder if I have already installed the Dynamax plugin, how can I update it to ZUD plugin?

Years
    • Seen today
    Wow! I am really looking forward to it.
    I wonder if I have already installed the Dynamax plugin, how can I update it to ZUD plugin?

Just delete the current Dynamax and Mechanic_Compatibility scripts. The ZUD Plugin uses completely different scripts, all to be installed right above Main.

Also, undo steps 1 & 5 in the Additional Installation guide. These steps are changed in the new plugin. All the other steps *should* still be the same (although the plugin adds some additional new steps).

Audio and Graphics are the same, the new plugin just adds more. Item and Move PBS data is updated though, so those'll have to be replaced.

That's probably it.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Spoiler:

Very good where you will update the script

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Very good where you will update the script

A new plugin will be released tomorrow that incorporates Z-Move and Ultra Burst mechanics and all Dynamax and Max Raid mechanics found in this thread into a single, comprehensive project. This will be known as the ZUD Plugin (Z-Moves + Ultra Burst + Dynamax), and is designed for Essentials v18.dev. This post will be updated with a link to this new plugin once it's released. This thread and version of the Dynamax plugin will be abandoned afterwards, so please move any questions or discussion to the new thread, instead.

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Major Update!
    A new plugin will be released tomorrow that incorporates Z-Move and Ultra Burst mechanics and all Dynamax and Max Raid mechanics found in this thread into a single, comprehensive project. This will be known as the ZUD Plugin (Z-Moves + Ultra Burst + Dynamax), and is designed for Essentials v18.dev. This post will be updated with a link to this new plugin once it's released. This thread and version of the Dynamax plugin will be abandoned afterwards, so please move any questions or discussion to the new thread, instead.

The new ZUD Plugin includes an improved version of Dynamax and Max Raids that fixes all known issues with the current Dynamax plugin, as well adding a slew of new options and features that this current plugin doesn't support. Here's a glimpse of the new content that will be included:

Dynamax
    Spoiler:

Max Raids
    Spoiler:

And of course, full compatibility with Z-Moves and Ultra Burst mechanics.

Hope you're all looking forward to it!

Thats great news but firstly I want to know , what is this v18.dev ? Will this plugin dont work for essentials v18.1 after installing gen 8 project ! .

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I know that this is not maintaned anymore, but can you please share the download link once again? I want to install the new one but already installed this one and now I don't know what are the steps 1 and 5 that I need to undo in order for the new plugin to work properly =\

Years
    • Seen today
    I know that this is not maintaned anymore, but can you please share the download link once again? I want to install the new one but already installed this one and now I don't know what are the steps 1 and 5 that I need to undo in order for the new plugin to work properly =\

The link doesn't exist anymore, I threw out this version of the plugin.
    However, I know what the steps are.

Step 1 added an extra line of code in pbTransform. This should be deleted, because that method no longer exists and transform is handled differently.
    Step 5 added a line in Move_Usage_Calculations (it was called pbCalcDynamaxDamage, or something like that IIRC). The new plugin changed this line to:
    Code:
    pbCalcRaidShieldDamage(target,multipliers)

That's it. Everything else *should* more or less be the same, the steps are just listed in a different order in the new plugin. There's also additional steps to follow that weren't in this original plugin.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Thanks for the reply! By any chance do you remember what was the extra line on pbTransform and which was the added line in Move_Usage_Calculations? I was not able to find pbCalcDynamaxDamage or something likely this on Move_Usage_Calculations

Back