• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2021
    I know sir that i am behaving as a very selfish because the great peoples like you ,fauno, etc work for many days to help people to plug and play but as you know i am very beginner so please help me .Thankyou very very much you are just great and now i can not express how happy i am thanks to you from a pokefan . I hope you will do it very soon. And thanks again for giving ne your such important time" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hey, so, more focusing on max raids, they work fine when focused alone, my question is, besides using a type or specifc pokemon, how easy would it be to use an array of species names or even the maps encounter table to use instead? (im sure the array is much easier but more interested in the latter)
    e.g. if route 12 has a herdier, butterfree, poliwhirl and heracross only they could appear in the dens in that area.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Hey, so, more focusing on max raids, they work fine when focused alone, my question is, besides using a type or specifc pokemon, how easy would it be to use an array of species names or even the maps encounter table to use instead? (im sure the array is much easier but more interested in the latter)
    e.g. if route 12 has a herdier, butterfree, poliwhirl and heracross only they could appear in the dens in that area.

This isn't a bad idea, and isn't very difficult to implement.

In the Dynamax script, find the line "# Determining Pokemon species", and replace everything below it up until the line "# Creates array of approved TM's" with this:
    Spoiler:

Now, by default, Raid Dens will spawn species based on the encounters you would normally find on your current map, as long as the species (poke) is set to nil. So inputting the code pbMaxRaid in an event will produce a random level raid consisting of a species that spawns on that map naturally. This takes into account specific encounter methods as well. So for example, if you're surfing while activating a raid den, the pool of species that can spawn will be only those found while surfing on that map. The same should apply for night/day encounters, cave encounters, etc. If you are on a map that has no encounters (or say, only has surfing encounters but you aren't surfing), then the den will default to a Ditto raid.

If you want to set the raid den to spawn a completely random species as it normally worked before, you simply need to make sure nil is set as an array.

So for example:
    pbMaxRaid(1,nil) will produce a lvl 1 raid with a random species that spawns on your current map. But...
    pbMaxRaid(1,[nil]) will produce a lvl 1 raid with a random species out of the entire National Dex (add 0 to the array to limit this to the Kanto Dex, 1 for Johto, etc). You can set [nil] to the name of a specific type to limit this to species of a particular type, like before.

You can, of course, still use dex numbers or names to set specific species for the raid, just like before.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    -Snipped-

Awesome, yea that works, only thing i can see a difference is the encounters aren't cached, and im guessing thats why when pressing b it resets the den as if it was used. not a big issue as i'll just keep it doing that, but you could have the script search the map events for ones with "Max Raid" as the title, and do the generation prior/on first use for all then the call then uses specific numbers for each (e.g. a new value added to the end of the call after hardmode) just a pointer ig, if i ever try and do it myself, and you havent i'll try and send it your way (if you still want it then)
    the feature works fine ingame, so thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Awesome, yea that works, only thing i can see a difference is the encounters aren't cached, and im guessing thats why when pressing b it resets the den as if it was used. not a big issue as i'll just keep it doing that, but you could have the script search the map events for ones with "Max Raid" as the title, and do the generation prior/on first use for all then the call then uses specific numbers for each (e.g. a new value added to the end of the call after hardmode) just a pointer ig, if i ever try and do it myself, and you havent i'll try and send it your way (if you still want it then)
    the feature works fine ingame, so thanks.

Yeah the raid dens always reset if you back out of them. I know that isn't how they work in the main series, but it honestly just made things so much easier by having them just reset each time. I was toying around with having the dens retain the generated species, and be re-challengeable if you failed the raid, and only reset once they have been cleared or after 24 hours have passed (again, like in the main series). But it honestly just added way too much to my workload for something that was really minor and not that important. Maybe the way I was going about it was inefficient, idk. It's on my to-do list though, but it's very low priority for me. So feel free to take a crack at it if you wish.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Hi guys, when I start a wild battle I get these errors, what should I do?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    I tried with a fresh v17.2 copy, and now I get these errors when I run from a battle, or when any pokémon is knocked out.
    Also, the Dynamax Icon doesn't appear on the screen, making unable the pokémon to dynamax

Years
    • Online now
    I tried with a fresh v17.2 copy, and now I get these errors when I run from a battle, or when any pokémon is knocked out.
    Also, the Dynamax Icon doesn't appear on the screen, making unable the pokémon to dynamax

Make sure you followed all of the instructions. If youre installing this into a fresh copy of v17.2 with no other scripts installed, then the only reason you would be getting errors is if you didnt properly install. The error youre getting is pointing towards changes made in PokeBattle_Scene, so especially make sure youve made the appropriate changes to that area of the script (step 5 in the Additional Installations).

If the Dynamax icon is not displaying in battle its because you didnt turn on the DYNAMAX_SWITCH in-game to toggle Dynamaxing. It could also be because you dont have a Dynamax Band in your inventory, or because you arent battling on a Dynamax-capable map. Also keep in mind that Dynamaxing is turned off by default vs wild Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    Make sure you followed all of the instructions. If youre installing this into a fresh copy of v17.2 with no other scripts installed, then the only reason you would be getting errors is if you didnt properly install. The error youre getting is pointing towards changes made in PokeBattle_Scene, so especially make sure youve made the appropriate changes to that area of the script (step 5 in the Additional Installations).

If the Dynamax icon is not displaying in battle its because you didnt turn on the DYNAMAX_SWITCH in-game to toggle Dynamaxing. It could also be because you dont have a Dynamax Band in your inventory, or because you arent battling on a Dynamax-capable map. Also keep in mind that Dynamaxing is turned off by default vs wild Pokemon.

Will it work with v18 of pokemon essentials?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Please Help Every time I leave a battle or end a battle I get this message

pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::PIKACHU,5)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    SpriteWindow:1152:in `pbDisposeSprite'
    SpriteWindow:1141:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
    SpriteWindow:1140:in `each'
    SpriteWindow:1140:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
    PokeBattle_Scene:1607:in `pbDisposeSprites'
    PokeBattle_Scene:2148:in `follow_pbEndBattle'
    Following Pokemon:1487:in `pbEndBattle'
    PokeBattle_Battle:4438:in `new_pbEndOfBattle'
    Dynamax/Gigantamax Script:2276:in `pbEndOfBattle'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'
    Following Pokemon:1552:in `update'

Years
    • Online now
    Please Help Every time I leave a battle or end a battle I get this message

Following Pokemon:1552:in `update'

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you have Following Pokemon below the Dynamax script. Try moving Dynamax below it instead.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you have Following Pokemon below the Dynamax script. Try moving Dynamax below it instead.

I moved the Following Pokemon under the Dynamax script and I still get get this message

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section176:1593:in `dispose'undefined method `dispose' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:

Following Pokemon:1552:in `update

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    I moved the Following Pokemon under the Dynamax script and I still get get this message

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section176:1593:in `dispose'undefined method `dispose' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:

Following Pokemon:1552:in `update

Make sure youve followed the installation instructions carefully. The error youre getting is pointing at PokeBattle_Scene, and there are things added with the Max Raid update that are required to install in this section. If the error persists, try doing some troubleshooting by removing the Following Pokemon script, and seeing if you still get this error.

Years
    • Online now
    'Sup guys, anything new about a solution to this error?

I dont have the ability to do any scripting work at this time, so I honestly havent even taken a look at this yet, and probably wont for a long time. And to be honest, now that v18 is out, im more likely to move on and update Dynamax for that. And since Z-Moves havent been updated for v18 yet either, compatibility issues wont even be a concern for me until Z-Moves are also updated for v18. So realistically, im very unlikely to work on this v17.2 bug.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I am working on a battle script myself for v18, I could send you the code when I'm finished and you could build on it yourself to make this compatiable for v18.

Back