• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    How I activate the dynamax switch is that I am a little new to scripts

Control switches are most easily turned on/off through events. Create an event, and in the list of event commands, right click and insert a control switch and set it to "ON". The number of the switch you choose to set should be whatever DYNAMAX_SWITCH is set to in the Battle_Compatibility script (503 by default).

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    Essential shows that there's a syntax error here, can anyone pls check?
    ################################################################################
    # Inflicts damage equal to the user's level. (Night Shade, Seismic Toss)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_06D < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    return pbEffectFixedDamage(attacker.level,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    end
    end
    P.S.I'm kinda new to working with scripts

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Essential shows that there's a syntax error here, can anyone pls check?
    # Inflicts damage equal to the user's level. (Night Shade, Seismic Toss)
    class PokeBattle_Move_06D < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    return pbEffectFixedDamage(attacker.level,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    end
    end
    P.S.I'm kinda new to working with scripts

May I ask what does this have to do with Dynamax?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    It works fine till the pokebattle_battler changes are made
    Edit--Nvr mind, I sorted it out

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    hi there i keep getting this error in your scripts
    see if you all can see it if not then discord will be the only place that i can post error pictures

Years
    • Seen today
    hi there i keep getting this error in your scripts
    see if you all can see it if not then discord will be the only place that i can post error pictures

Just upload the picture to a site like imgur or something and post it here. It looks like youre literally trying to link us to a picture on your computer based on the link information.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • hi there i keep getting this error in your scripts

I don't think you noticed, but we can't access that file location as that is from your own computer. You can just upload your own picture by going into the full editor

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    Hey, I've got a question regarding the adding of new gmax forms, its only coming in giratina and arceus's forms, their form just doesn't change. Can somebody check my scripts, I have checked them numerous times and found nothing unusual

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I've got a question regarding the adding of new gmax forms, its only coming in giratina and arceus's forms, their form just doesn't change. Can somebody check my scripts, I have checked them numerous times and found nothing unusual

They should work as long as you made the proper additions to the right places. This means adding their species to the GMAXSPECIES array, adding their G-Max form number to def isGigantamax? and pbGetGMaxForm, and adding their species to def hasGigantamax? if the species can still G-Max in other forms than 0.

Also I dont recall if Arceus/Giratina are hard coded to be forced into certain forms in certain conditions. Idk if that may affect things or not.

Years
    • Seen today
    Update for those who are still interested:

The v18 release of Dynamax & Max Raids is coming along nicely. I'd say about 75% done. Then I can enter the bug testing phase of things, which itself will take a fair amount of time. So no need to message me about its progress, it'll be released eventually.

I'm hitting a wall when it comes to having the Dynamax button and raid graphics displaying properly with v18's revamped battle code, so that'll probably delay things a fair bit till I get the hang of it. Besides that, I've greatly improved a lot of features and mechanics, with some new additions im excited about that I always wanted to get to, but was too lazy to implement. Im happy with the changes so far, im having a lot of fun with it.

I will get this out of the way now, though: I will NOT be supporting the v17.2 version of this script anymore upon release. So if you're someone who doesn't want to upgrade to v18, you're stuck with this current script as-is, bugs and all. In addition, the v18 version of this script will no longer be compatible with Z-Moves or Ultra Burst until those respective scripts are also updated to match v18 (if they are, let me know). So if that's important to you, better stick with v17.2.

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for new features or mechanics that would make sense to incorporate, feel free to let me know. Keep it reasonable, though. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    i tried using it but no luck
    how to fix the error

can anyone give me a working dynamax project with mega evolution
    thanks in advance

i am getting tis error
    Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
    Exception: NoMethodError
    dynamax:1593:in `dispose'
    SpriteWindow:497:in `pbDisposeSprite'
    SpriteWindow:486:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'