• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
  • It's coming soon. We are still polishing stuff.

My Z-move script is for v18.dev, but with very few changes it can work for v18.1 (see the installation process, the only difference between v18.1 and v18.dev that I see, is how Lunar Dance / Healing Wish are handled).

Thanks for replying sir can i get link of v18dev and z move . Thanks in advance

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    So youre saying your Gigantamax sprites arent appearing, and its only displaying their regular sprites?

Are you naming the battler sprites appropriately? For example, Pikachu's Gigantamax sprites should be named "025_gmax" and "025b_gmax". You also need to do this with Pikachu's female sprites, since Pikachu has different sprites depending on gender.

Hey Lucidious89 can you set randompokemon in event like randompokemon will come every time

Years
  • It's coming soon. We are still polishing stuff.

My Z-move script is for v18.dev, but with very few changes it can work for v18.1 (see the installation process, the only difference between v18.1 and v18.dev that I see, is how Lunar Dance / Healing Wish are handled).

well i see so that means the new plugin on which you all are working will work on v18.1 too ?

Years
    • Seen today
    And, also ,can I set the raid pool to each den manually?

Hey, this is super random, but I suddenly remembered this question and had the epiphany that this is already possible with current Max Raids. It's so obvious, but I was so focused on having everything done in the code instead of in the event script, that I didn't even think about how easy this would be to do by just creating an array in the event itself.

For example, if you set your event script to look like this:
    Code:
    poke = [:BULBASAUR,:CHARMANDER,:SQUIRTLE]
    randpoke = poke.shuffle.first
    pbMaxRaid(1,2,randpoke)

This will create a 1v1 2-Star Raid Den that will randomly spawn Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. You can list as many Pokemon as you want in the array, and the raid will always spawn a random one each time its reset. Keep in mind though that you should only list species that are possible to find in the star rank of the raid. So if you list something like Mewtwo in the array, but the star rank is set at 3 or something, you will just get Ditto if the raid randomly tries to spawn Mewtwo (since Mewtwo can only spawn in rank 6 raids).

But it doesn't end there. You can also use this trick to randomize the bonus loot obtained from raids, too.
    Code:
    loot = [:ORANBERRY,:SITRUSBERRY,:LUMBERRY]
    randloot = loot.shuffle.first
    pbMaxRaid(1,2,:MUNCHLAX,randloot)

This will create a 1v1 2-Star Raid Den versus Munchlax that will reward you randomly with an Oran Berry, Sitrus Berry, or Lum Berry upon clearing the raid.

You can combine all of the above even, and do something like this:
    Code:
    poke = [:PIDGEOT,:FEAROW,:SWANNA,:BRAVIARY,:TALONFLAME]
    loot = [:HEALTHWING,:MUSCLEWING,:RESISTWING,:GENIUSWING,:CLEVERWING,:SWIFTWING]
    randqty  = 1+rand(20)
    pbMaxRaid(2,3,randpoke,[randloot,randqty])

This will create a 2v1 3-Star raid with a random bird Pokemon listed in the "poke" array, which will reward a random wing item listed in the "loot" array, at a random amount between 1-20.

This opens up new Raid possibilities I haven't even thought of before, so this is pretty cool imo. I feel so dumb I didn't even think of this before.

Years
  • Hey, this is super random, but I suddenly remembered this question and had the epiphany that this is already possible with current Max Raids. It's so obvious, but I was so focused on having everything done in the code instead of in the event script, that I didn't even think about how easy this would be to do by just creating an array in the event itself.

For example, if you set your event script to look like this:
    Code:
    poke = [:BULBASAUR,:CHARMANDER,:SQUIRTLE]
    pbMaxRaid(1,2,randpoke)

This will create a 1v1 2-Star Raid Den that will randomly spawn Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. You can list as many Pokemon as you want in the array, and the raid will always spawn a random one each time its reset. Keep in mind though that you should only list species that are possible to find in the star rank of the raid. So if you list something like Mewtwo in the array, but the star rank is set at 3 or something, you will just get Ditto if the raid randomly tries to spawn Mewtwo (since Mewtwo can only spawn in rank 6 raids).

But it doesn't end there. You can also use this trick to randomize the bonus loot obtained from raids, too.
    Code:
    loot = [:ORANBERRY,:SITRUSBERRY,:LUMBERRY]
    pbMaxRaid(1,2,:MUNCHLAX,randloot)

This will create a 1v1 2-Star Raid Den versus Munchlax that will reward you randomly with an Oran Berry, Sitrus Berry, or Lum Berry upon clearing the raid.

You can combine all of the above even, and do something like this:
    Code:
    poke = [:PIDGEOT,:FEAROW,:SWANNA,:BRAVIARY,:TALONFLAME]
    loot = [:HEALTHWING,:MUSCLEWING,:RESISTWING,:GENIUSWING,:CLEVERWING,:SWIFTWING]
    randqty  = 1+rand(20)
    pbMaxRaid(2,3,randpoke,[randloot,randqty])

This will create a 2v1 3-Star raid with a random bird Pokemon listed in the "poke" array, which will reward a random wing item listed in the "loot" array, at a random amount between 1-20.

This opens up new Raid possibilities I haven't even thought of before, so this is pretty cool imo. I feel so dumb I didn't even think of this before.

Woh nice bro but i have question can we change the pokemon in raid den according to time

Years
    • Seen today
    bro is there any code to reset raid den by event
    something like pbResetMaxRaidDen which will reset the den if raid den pokemon is already fought or caught without wishing piece

Try plugging this somewhere in the Max Raid script:
    Code:
    # When afterLoss=false, forces the raid to reset only once its been cleared.
    # When afterLoss=true, forces the raid to reset every time, even after a loss.
    def pbForcedRaidReset(afterLoss=false)
      thisMap    = $game_map.map_id
      thisEvent  = pbMapInterpreter.get_character(0).id
      storedPkmn = thisEvent + MAXRAID_PKMN
      if afterLoss
        $game_variables[storedPkmn] = 0
        pbSetSelfSwitch(thisEvent,"B",false)
      else
        if $game_self_switches[[thisMap,thisEvent,"B"]]
        end
      end
    end

Then in your Max Raid event, put the code "pbForcedRaidReset" above the pbMaxRaid line. This should force the raid to reset automatically every time its been cleared, without the need for Wishing Pieces.

If you add (true) to the end of the code, like "pbForcedRaidReset(true)", this will force the raid to reset and act like a new raid every time you access it, even if you failed to clear it or never entered it.

Years
  • Try plugging this somewhere in the Max Raid script:
    Code:
    # When afterLoss=false, forces the raid to reset only once its been cleared.
    # When afterLoss=true, forces the raid to reset every time, even after a loss.
    def pbForcedRaidReset(afterLoss=false)
      thisMap    = $game_map.map_id
      thisEvent  = pbMapInterpreter.get_character(0).id
      storedPkmn = thisEvent + MAXRAID_PKMN
      if afterLoss
      else
        if $game_self_switches[[thisMap,thisEvent,"B"]]
        end
      end
    end

Then in your Max Raid event, put the code "pbForcedRaidReset" above the pbMaxRaid line. This should force the raid to reset automatically every time its been cleared, without the need for Wishing Pieces.

If you add (true) to the end of the code, like "pbForcedRaidReset(true)", this will force the raid to reset and act like a new raid every time you access it, even if you failed to clear it or never entered it.

Thanks for the help.
    Well can a single event contain more than one raid den ?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the help.
    Well can a single event contain more than one raid den ?

Sure. There's plenty of ways to implement this, the same way you would with anything else in an event (Switches, variables, branches, timers, etc). I wouldn't use Self Switches though, as Raids already use these to toggle between different modes (done within the script itself). Conditional Branches are probably the simplest and most effective way of setting this up, and you can use these in conjunction with Switches to set different raids for different conditions. For example, you can set up a completely different type of raid for each of the "Defeated Gym" switches, so that you can ramp up the raid difficulty as the player progresses through the game. This way even if you come back to old early-game raids, they'll have new stuff later on in the game.

Years
  • ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `moveToLearn' for #<PokemonSummary_Scene:0xc7f6198>

Backtrace:

PScreen_Summary:700:in `drawPageFour'

PScreen_Summary:694:in `each'

PScreen_Summary:694:in `drawPageFour'

PScreen_Summary:367:in `drawPage'

PScreen_Summary:1331:in `pbScene'

PScreen_Summary:1269:in `loop'

PScreen_Summary:1333:in `pbScene'

PScreen_Summary:1348:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Party:658:in `pbSummary'

PScreen_Party:1236:in `pbPokemonScreen'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

When i am trying to see the moves in summary its showing this.

Years
  • ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]

Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `moveToLearn' for #<PokemonSummary_Scene:0xcf82560>

Backtrace:

PScreen_Summary:700:in `drawPageFour'

PScreen_Summary:694:in `each'

PScreen_Summary:694:in `drawPageFour'

PScreen_Summary:367:in `drawPage'

PScreen_Summary:1331:in `pbScene'

PScreen_Summary:1269:in `loop'

PScreen_Summary:1333:in `pbScene'

PScreen_Summary:1348:in `pbStartScreen'

PScreen_Party:658:in `pbSummary'

PScreen_Party:1236:in `pbPokemonScreen'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    When opening pokemon moves summary
    it shows this

Years
    • Seen today
    It is not showing option for dynamaxing and also not showing dynamax level
    The problem is clearly that you didn't install it correctly. There's also a several reasons why the option to Dynamax isn't appearing, read the main post and make sure you have all the right conditions met.

Years
  • Thank you I can dynamax now as i had kept dynamax for any map false but it is again showing the same error while seeing the movesets

Attachments

• Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]
      Screenshot 2021-01-14 094049.png
      39.7 KB · Views: 44
    • Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]
      Screenshot 2021-01-14 140912.png
      67.6 KB · Views: 46

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thank you I can dynamax now as i had kept dynamax for any map false but it is again showing the same error while seeing the movesets
    Can you post the whole code of your drawPageFour function?

Years
  • Sure. There's plenty of ways to implement this, the same way you would with anything else in an event (Switches, variables, branches, timers, etc). I wouldn't use Self Switches though, as Raids already use these to toggle between different modes (done within the script itself). Conditional Branches are probably the simplest and most effective way of setting this up, and you can use these in conjunction with Switches to set different raids for different conditions. For example, you can set up a completely different type of raid for each of the "Defeated Gym" switches, so that you can ramp up the raid difficulty as the player progresses through the game. This way even if you come back to old early-game raids, they'll have new stuff later on in the game.

Well can you put the piece of code here please
    and yes can we battle mega evolved pokemon in raid dens ?
    see this
    and this one also

https://https://mega.nz/file/Co5XFSKA#PwjkzvdZBJ42BSOBpdt8iHkAwc5Ihx7JO5RJ8Ug57d8

https://https://mega.nz/file/r1plFIbS#JLhT-0uO0joNC1UhS5908e0e1xaBXyvYZtPf5bwWfkM

Last edited:
    Back