• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years

Sir sorry to disturb I tried to fix this error myself but its again and again showing the syntax error I did all possible editing at line 1363. But it again and again shows the syntax error in the last line. Sir please teach me how can I fix this error myself.
    Code:
    # Show shininess star
        if @pokemon.shiny?
          imagepos.push([sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/shiny"),2,134])
        end
        #===========================================================================
        # Dynamax - Displays Dynamax Levels and G-Max Factor
        pbDisplayGMaxFactor if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)
        pbDisplayDynamaxMeter if defined?(@pokemon.dynamax?)

Code:
    def pbStartChooseMoveScreen(party,partyindex,message)
        ret = -1
        @scene.pbStartForgetScene(party,partyindex,0)
        pbMessage(message) { @scene.pbUpdate }
        loop do
          ret = @scene.pbChooseMoveToForget(0)
          if ret<0
            pbMessage(_INTL("You must choose a move!")) { @scene.pbUpdate }
          else
            break
          end
        end
        @scene.pbEndScene
        return
      end
    end

Attachments

• Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]
      Screenshot 2021-01-19 084401.png
      53.3 KB · Views: 5
    • Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]
      Screenshot 2021-01-19 084437.png
      21 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    Your Mega Slowbro form is most likely using form 1. The Dynamax script is designed assuming you're using the Gen 8 project, or v18.dev where Galarian Slowbro is form 1 instead, and Mega Slowbro is form 2. Swap these Slowbro forms in your PBS/graphics and you won't have this problem.

This is actually my fault, since I labeled this thread as a v18.1 project, which it is. But for compatibility with Gen 8 content, I swapped the Slowbro forms.
    Oh thanks i got it

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sir sorry to disturb I tried to fix this error myself but its again and again showing the syntax error I did all possible editing at line 1363. But it again and again shows the syntax error in the last line. Sir please teach me how can I fix this error myself.
    You're very lucky you screenshot your error!
    Right before "class PokemonSummaryScreen", one "end" is missing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    [Lucidious89]
    Friend, sorry for the inconvenience, it is me again because it will be that I give a mega stone to a pokemon and in combat it does not come out to mega evolve, it only comes out for dynamax ...... Sorry for my bad English is that I speak Spanish

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    [Lucidious89]
    Friend, sorry for the inconvenience, it is me again because it will be that I give a mega stone to a pokemon and in combat it does not come out to mega evolve, it only comes out for dynamax ...... Sorry for my bad English is that I speak Spanish

Are you using v18.dev?
    If yes, then it's a known bug. Here's the fix.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    [Lucidious89]

In my game I can mega evolution
    just Place this script in Pokemon_MegaEvolution
    Here is code :
    Spoiler:

You can mega evolve
    but I don't know how to make Charizard and Mewtwo Mega evo Method

Sorry for my bad English

And 1 things

why my dynamax pokemon can't revert to normal form?

Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    In my game I can mega evolution
    just Place this script in Pokemon_MegaEvolution
    Example :

MultipleForms.register(:GYARADOS,{
    "getSpecificMegaForm" => proc { |pkmn|
    next 1 if (pkmn.hasItem?(:GYARADOSITE))
    next
    }
    })

You can mega evolve Gyarados
    but I don't know how to make Charizard and Mewtwo Mega evo Method

Sorry for my bad English

And 1 things

why my dynamax pokemon can't revert to normal form?

Thank you!

If your Pokemon arent reverting to normal, then that must mean you have some other script installed that is overwriting pbEndOfBattle. My guess is the Mid-Battle Dialogue script.

Years
    That's a good question actually.

Paste this code somewhere in the Dynamax Max Raid Event script:
    Code:
    def pbMaxRaidBattleSimple(species, lvl, gmax)
      # species = PBSpecies constant (of the form: PBSpecies::KABUTOPS for example)
      # lvl = Pokémon level (will be converted to a rank level).
      # gmax = boolean
      setBattleRule("canLose")
      setBattleRule("cannotRun")
      setBattleRule("noPartner")
      setBattleRule(sprintf("%dv%d",MAXRAID_SIZE,1))

s = pbGetSpeciesFromFSpecies(species)
      $game_switches[MAXRAID_SWITCH] = true 
      $game_variables[MAXRAID_PKMN] = s + [nil,lvl,gmax]
      pbWildBattleCore(species, lvl)
      pbResetBattle
      $PokemonTemp.clearBattleRules
      for i in $Trainer.party; i.heal; end
    end
    For example, if I want a Max Battle against a Caterpie, I set an event:
    Code:
    pbMaxRaidBattleSimple(PBSpecies::CATERPIE, 50, false)

I didn't test it much though.

Well can we battle along partner trainers in 3 vs 1 with this code ?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi i havea question can we battle raid den pokemon with partner trainers ?

No. In fact, partner trainers are specifically turned off for raid battles. You'll have to add that functionality in yourself if you want that. IMO, adding AI partners seems like a lot of extra work for something that doesn't add anything substantial to the gameplay (or, imo, actually makes the gameplay worse), so I don't have any interest adding that functionality myself, which is why I havent supported it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Just a suggestion.Have you ever considered putting Dynamax Adventures in the scripts?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2021
    I was just wandering if partner trainer can use his default AI , anyway I want to know about plugin is plugin going to be released in near future or you just dropped that idea

Years
    • Seen today
    Just a suggestion.Have you ever considered putting Dynamax Adventures in the scripts?

Not really. You can more or less create a similar experience by just stringing several max raids together, so i dont particularly see a need to build anything specific for Dynamax Adventures. There's nothing particularly unique about it that cant already be emulated in some manner. Maybe down the line if I think of some interesting twist to it that makes including it seem like a worthy use of my time, ill think about adding it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was just wandering if partner trainer can use his default AI , anyway I want to know about plugin is plugin going to be released in near future or you just dropped that idea

Yes. Be patient. I wouldn't have mentioned it unless I planned on having it released at some point. It'll be done when its done.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2021
    Yes. Be patient. I wouldn't have mentioned it unless I planned on having it released at some point. It'll be done when its done.

Great , I was thinking that you dropped the plan but now it is going to release then i hope it should release very soon

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Hlw everyone I am new to this community , I tried this script and all works well and I was thinking to just give a feedback to creator of the script but after reading some last posts I found that there is some plugin related script , well what is this and when it will be released ?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hlw everyone I am new to this community , I tried this script and all works well and I was thinking to just give a feedback to creator of the script but after reading some last posts I found that there is some plugin related script , well what is this and when it will be released ?

You are welcome to give any feedback.

The plugin you are refering to is a compatibility script containing Dynamax + Z-moves + Ultra-Burst. Lucidious and I are working on it. We will release it when it is ready.

PS: DO NOT message us to get updates on the plugin. We will release it when it is ready. (This is not directed at you in particular)

Last edited:
    Back