• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Effects of Music

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • IMO, music certainly can have an effect on people, such as emotionally. Moving sad songs, for instance, tend to make one sad, while upbeat, fast-paced songs can help get someone feeling active. I wouldn't say that it's necessarily bad for you - if anything, more often than not it has a positive influence on people - helps them relax, or enjoy themselves, and so forth.

Of course, there can be addictions to music, or issues with it - but then again one can be addicted to, or have unhealthy obsessions with anything. If you don't turn crazy over music, and all, then I don't see it about to have a real long-term negative effect on you.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I personally prefer listening to music with a catchy beat and lyrics that aren't sung quickly. And by quickly, I mean so fast you can just barely follow what the singer is singing. I don't understand the point of rap. Why sing a song if people can't even understand you? Well, I guess for the tune or something, but still...

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Oh, so it's just a coincidence that all those drug dealers, gang members, etc. all listen to rap and "money and hoes" kind of music?

So I'm guessing, since you know what kind of music they listen to, that you hang out with drug dealers?

Morality is just one big stupid lie.

Tombi

*lurklurk*
    Years
  • Hmn... I dunno. I mean, I'm an incredibly angry person and I listen to black, death, thrash, doom and folk metal. I dunno if that's contributed or not.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Music is good for you. End of discussion. Your teacher is wrong.

Saying someone else shouldn't listen to a certain song or band because you feel they are in some way "bad" is very close minded. No one should be encouraged to listen to something that they don't like, nor should they feel bad about listening to music that they do like because they've been told that it isn't "good music."

Lash

Years
  • Damn, the only bad thing now that has happened recently that involves music is -name of band- headaches.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Metallica, especially with their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I discovered a few nights ago that when I listen to too much of any band, I have a headache, where whenever I don't have a thought in my head, I hear a song by them D:

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Wow. Good luck with that opinion.

As the ancient Greek philosopher Heraclitus said, "To men, some things are good and some bad, but to God, all is good and just". The point is, I believe morality is spiritually degenerate. It is a judgement, not a perception. When you get past judging people by their actions, you can perceive their uniqueness as being outside space-time; and that is a magical thing.

There are no bad traits, there are only unique qualities. The uniqueness of every being, no matter how evil they are, enhances the universe.

Also, do you like Star Wars? Naruto? Would you have those things without "evil" characters? There is nothing romantic, adventurous, or worthwhile that does not involve evil. What is evil spelled backwards?

Back