• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Egglocke Extravaganza (2021 Easter Event) ♥ Now open as a regular challenge!

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  • Lt. Surge arc encounters:
    Spoiler:

Moving on, I battled some people at Route 6 on my way tho Vermilion City (a.k.a. the port town). But unfortunately, a trainer's Raticate took Rupert out. And made even worse at the S.S. Anne where a trainer's Machop (?) took Sven out. Welp, there goes my Pikachu. 😔

Speaking of S.S. Anne, I met da rival there. He told me about the captain and his expertise on cutting things with, uh, Cut. But being a rival, he ain't gonna let me meet the captain without a battle, so... Ellry and Reginald took care of that. Even as a Beldum, Ellry's Take Down alone managed to sweep three out of da rival's four mons (thus allowing them to evolve), leaving his Ivysaur up to Reginald. And made even more interesting with Reg's Safeguard rendering the Ivysaur's powders useless. 😏

With HM Cut in hand (which I taught to Ellry right away), Vermilion Gym became accessible. The leader there, Lt. Surge, got three electric mons with him. Reginald barely got through his Voltorb with both sides using a Super Potion for each. Konrad's Rock Slides took his Pikachu down in two turns. And his Raichu? Taken down by a Magnitude 9 and a Water Gun from Galeforce after missing a Magnitude 6.

IgzZ90km.jpg

The Team
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Ones
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years

• Rabinov's Egglocke Challenge - Darkness Falls

Steeled and Ready for Battle - Gym #6

With Chuck defeated, we've opened up the majority of Johto for all sorts of spelunking! First off, it was time to go and explore (with some restraint this time!). First up, just to make things a bit easier later on I plough my way through to Mahogany Town so I have easy Fly access later on.

With that out of the way, it was time to go and catch up on those missed encounters, namely Dark and Union Cave! Now the reason I left these is because there are much higher level encounters that need Surf to access... so it was time to donn those Repels and be on our way! I heade off to Dark Cave first as that was a lot quicker to access where I wanted, catching myself a level 25 Graveler in the next room (once you have surfed to the far top-left, reach land and take that exit). I swapped this for... oh my word another shiny?!!! Say hello to Galatea the Carvanha, everyone!

McON8cp.png

With that excitement over, I headed off to Union Cave which involved a bit of a trek, however once I got to where I needed to be, a quick spot of Surfing allowed me to catch a level 25 Quagsire, which lead to me owning Naiad the Clamperl. Now seeming as I was at the Ruins of Alph exit of Union Cave, it made sense for me to just exit here and catch another Pokémon, as this was where the higher level Pokémon were to be seen. I was quickly rewarded with a Natu, which I caught and swapped for a... Nosepass Egg. Never have I deposited a Pokémon so quickly; not interested in the Nosepass line and never will be, so Nereid will sit in the PC as a last resort if needed.

Our last stops were then all of the towns/cities we've gone through, so we can access their Surf spots and see what else we can pick up, so it was time to head over to Cherrygrove firstly! After an arduous battle with a very hard to capture Magikarp, we can finally fight fire with fire as we got none other then Proteus the Chikorita! Take that, Serebii! A quick visit to catch a Poliwhirl in Ecruteak City lands us Hyperion the Meditiate (which came with Pure Power, awesome!).

With those bits out of the way, it's time to progress the story! First up, I actually forgot to go and clear the Lighthouse before going to Cianwood, so I guess it's time to do that. After a lot of battles, an evolution (Saturn finaly evolves into Donphan, hooray!) and a touching moment with Amphy, it was time to backtrack to Cianwood. After grabbing the SecretPotion (opting to Surf both ways for some more experience for Sirius), it's time to go save Amphy!

We hand over the SecretPotion which restores the Lighthouse and finally gets Jasmine back to her Gym, so we can get that Mineral Badge! For the first time this run I was a little concerned, because I didn't have a Pokémon which could easily sweep both the Magnemites and Steelix, however between Castor and Ganymede, we manage to persevere and earn our 6th Badge! Now it was time to move on to our 7th Badge - things picking up very nicely now!

The Cold Shoulder - Gym #7

Onwards and upwards to Mahogany Town! As we've cleared everything out around here, it was time to make our way straight to Route 43, where our Flaaffy catch nets us Telesto the Feebas. Another one for the bin unfortunately, as I will definitely not be wasting time training it as I can't evolve it until I get to Kanto anyway... a shame! Not much happens here, we get to the Lake of Rage and clear it out of items etc. before then facing off against the shiny Gyarados... which is a absolute nightmare! Thankfully I managed to catch it, meaning a nice meaty level 30 Pokémon which was none other than... Mikechu the Pichu. Well... I guess I better get grinding that Friendship and ThunderStone then, especially as... it's another shiny!!! Look at Mikechu in all their glory:

iA1u3pU.png

We dive straight into the Team Rocket Hideout with our best buddy Lance, which provides an amazing opportunity to finally level up Jupiter the blasted Pineco. We FINALLY get this thing evolved into a Forreteress! Now we can move on to some hopefully easier evolutions, starting with Europa!

Long story short, we completely wipe out the Hideout snagging ourselves a Voltorb on the way which becomes... another Mars the Onix... really.

With the disturbance over, it was time to take on Pryce for Badge #7. With our newfound powerhouse Hyperion rocking Fire Punch AND Thunder Punch, this was an actual breeze. Even though it was several levels lower than most of the Pokémon in the Gym, it towered over them all (apart from Piloswine but Ganymede made short work of that) and the Glacier Badge was ours for the taking! Before we could progress to Clair at Blackthorn City, it was time to deal with a thorn in our side once and for all. Team Rocket! And where to find them? Goldenrod City!

Polishing Tarnished Gold - Defeating Team Rocket

So Team Rocket have plastered themselves all over Goldenrod City. Wild. Well if nothing else I'd like to go visit the Hairdressers if needed so let's go give them a shove shall we?

First off though... Pokémon time! If you've not noticed, I have been grabbing the Pokémon that NPCs give out in towns as I have registered towns/cities as separate encounter places and it was time to grab Bill's Eevee to see what we get. It turns out that Rhea the Vulpix wanted to play today but alas, needing to level up to the 50s for Fire Blast and Fire Stone evolution requirement means it's a no from me, sorry Rhea!

So we start our seemingly endless gauntlet of Team Rocket Grunt after Team Rocket Grunt before getting up to the 3rd Floor of the Radio Tower and facing probably our hardest encounter yet - 5 Koffings and 1 Weezing. The lowest level is on par with my highest and as much as the damage isn't scary, the constant PSN status is... thankfully our stronger Special Attackers pull through, but that was a close one! After rescuing the Director, it's time f-

Oh, I totally forgot that Rival Battle happened before getting to him. I'm not ready at all. Thankfully luck is on my side, a few critical hits and having my Neptune on hand to neutralise the Meganium means we dispatch of Serebii once more. Once we get to the Director (Galatea finally evoles into a Sharpedo, yay!!!!), we then go back to ANOTHER onslaught, this time we're facing two MUCH easier Executives before reaching Archer.

And boy, Archer is ROUGH. For comparison, my highest level Pokémon now sits at 31 (Neptune and Jupiter), whereas his LOWEST is level 35. The Houndoom caused me all sorts of trouble, having to juggle between healing and attacking with Castor until I get the paralysis on it, but I don't like the sudden level spike OR how much I'm struggling. We may have to look at some more levelling once I'm done here... which it thankfully looks like I am! After getting the Silver Wing from the Director, I think it's time I get on my own wings and scurry over to Blackthorn City once and for all.

Yukihime's Lost Elegy - The Ice Path

UGH AN ACTUAL PUZZLE TO WORRY ABOUT, DO I HAVE TO GO TO ICE CAAAAAAAVE???? Well boohoo, I'm delaying that as much as possible by grinding and getting some of these danmed Pokémon evolved, because I think the next major fight might result in an actual loss... it was time to take a step back from speeding through the game and get onto some good old-fashioned grinding. Firstly our Hyperion needed to abuse that Pure Power it was given, so it was time to abuse the perfect grinding spot for it here at Route 44. With enemies weak to Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Force Palm, this was a great spot to get it evolved. First off, we caught a Weepinbell for troubles, gaining a new team member in Castor 2.0, another Shinx... what rotten luck I'm getting. The game must be mad at me for not losing anyone as of yet.

It's not long before Hyperion evolves into a Medicham and... oh nevermind actually most of our Pokémon can't train here very well so I guess it's onto the Ice Cave... woo.

So I'll TL;DR for you - I solve the puzzles, grabbed a Golbat to swap over at some point, grabbed Waterfall, evolved Atlas into a Rampardos and we're into Blackthorn City, yay!

Hear the Dragons Roar - Gym #8

Well we've finally made it to the end of the Gyms... but with a new place comes something we've not done in a while actually - exploring! First off it's time to cascade multiple times down Route 45 to get all the items, Trainers etc. Meanwhile we hatch our Golbat Egg from Ice Cave, which out pops Phoebe the Lunatone. Very fitting considering our space theme! We manage to snag a Skarmory[I/] from Route 45, allowing us to obtain Titania the Electrike and then continued down to Route 46, Headbutting a tree for Aipom and adding Oberon the Skorupi to our team.

With that out of the way, it was time to crush the Gym! Our newfound levels and training in Hyperion and Castor proved super useful here, as they cleaned everything up between them. Clair herself... that Kingdra being weak to nothing on my team hurt A LOT. Lots of dancing around Pokémon and status effects later and Clair finally goes down. Now all that was left was her stupid challenge and we had officially conquered the Johto League! A few quick questions later and we show Clair who's the boss, making her concede the 8th and final Badge, the Rising Badge!

With that, we'll close this chapter of the Egglocke today - next time we'll be on our way to defeat the Elite Four!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's badge #6 - Platinum

Oh, by the way! My Great Marsh encounter ran away first turn.
    Anyways, after getting the fifth badge and running after that one Galactic Grunt, I'm able to get the Secret Potion from Cynthia, and therefore move onto Route 210 (the foggy area). Despite some close calls with some trainers, including the infamous Gyarados + Raichu double battle, I made it to Celestic with no issues and beat Cyrus down to get my HM03! With Surf taught to Omanyte, I finally moved onto Route 220 and 221... and let Omanyte die against a wild Roselia of all things! All because it wouldn't let me escape, and decided to use Giga Drain right away. I love you Roserade line, but if you pull these tricks on me I will have to change my mind...
    Surf let me explore the Fuego Ironworks as well, and of course Route 218, which allowed me to reach Canalave City! From there, I also decided to take a boat to Iron Island and train there... but not getting any encounter there (Graveler trauma, I guess). And then of course there was the gym!
    Byron's battle was pretty short as well, with Cinnabar's Flamethrower getting rid of Magneton and Olivine, Seafoam's replacement, just spamming Surf on Steelix and Bastiodon. And now, now the game gets real!

I already had trouble against most of the trainers with fully evolved, strong Pokémon: Staraptor, of all things, is a huge problem with Take Down and such, as Barry has taught me - sure, Electabuzz was able to handle it, but one crit and I would've lost it! So... I don't really know what to do about this. Maybe hope for more encounters? Stay tuned to find out, hehe!

The new encounters are...
    🎀 Celestic Town - Magikarp → Vaniville, Igglybuff
    🎀 Route 220 - Tentacool → Ember, Houndour
    🎀 Route 221 - Roselia → Humilau, Lotad
    🎀 Fuego Ironworks - Magmar → Acuity, Meditite
    🎀 Canalave City - Tentacool → Clover, Shinx (had to break the theme there, oops)

The current team is...
    🎀 Cinnabar, Ninetales, lv. 35, Flash Fire
    Flamethrower, Will o wisp, Hypnosis, Quick Attack
    🎀 Moon, Crobat, lv. 39, Inner Focus
    Wing Attack, Faint Attack, Fly, Poison Fang
    🎀 Coronet, Pupitar, lv. 31, Shed Skin
    Rock Slide, Dark Pulse, Outrage, Focus Energy
    🎀 Olivine, Omanyte, lv. 40, Torrent
    Surf, Slash, Crunch, Ice Fang
    🎀 Pyrite, Hitmonchan, lv. 37, Keen Eye
    High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Mind Reader, Thunder Punch
    🎀 Sunyshore, Electabuzz, lv. 40, Static
    Thunder Punch, Low Kick, Discharge, Light Screen

And the deaths!
    🎗️ Eterna, Oddish - vs. Roark's Cranidos
    🎗️ Cianwood, Goldeen - vs. Roark's Cranidos
    🎗️ Indigo, Aerodactyl - vs. Mars's Purugly
    🎗️ Phenac, Cubone - vs. some Hiker's Self Destructing Geodude :)
    🎗️ Mossdeep, Metang - vs. a wild Graveler's crit Self Destruct :)
    🎗️ Seafoam, Omanyte - vs. a wild Roselia it couldn't run from :)

Years
  • Just wanted to do a super quick update:

Since my last update, I beat both Misty and Surge with relative ease. Banana the Tropius pretty much took care of Misty and Slash the Sneasel took care of Surge with dig. We got 3 badges now, baby!

cw98zS8.png

Here is my team currently. Larz is our newest hatch so looking forward to him slaying:

0ettPzC.png

So far we've had 1 death, JJ the Beedrill, but tbh it wasn't a big loss:

ZW4ga17.png

This has been pretty fun so far. Unfortunately I cannot use a lot of my hatches because I can't evolve them until I get the Nat Dex (stupid FRLG) so building a team has been interesting.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's badge #7 - Platinum

So! We start off this segment with the three galactic leaders, specifically with the bomb at lake Valor. Saturn is there, and he goes down easily with Ninetales and Crobat (due to his obsession with Toxicroak). But Mars, who's now at Lake Verity, is a bit tougher... remember what I said about Staraptor of all things being troublesome? Well, Purugly is kinda similar - and case in point, Hitmonchan goes down to a Slash while trying to attack again. Ok, ok, it probably was a miscalculation on my part, but the end result is that I lost a Fighting type and I have to continue like this. Well...

Alright, it can't get much worse. I tell myself! I just pick up Acuity the Medidite from the box and replace my Hitmonchan, Pyrite, with it, hoping to evolve it soon. I go through Route 216 and 217 relatively easily, then grind some more around Acuity Lakefront - and while the Sneasel can give some trouble with Slash, that seems to go quite well! With a fully evolved Medicham and Snorlax back in the team, I'm ready to go and face Candice... knowing that there's not too much I can do with my team anyways. And in fact, things go quite well!

Ninetales and Feraligatr, together, get Candice down to Froslass. But of course, because that's my luck, Ninetales misses a couple Flamethrowers (thanks to Double Team and Snow Cloak), forcing me to go into Snorlax. I start setting up my own Amnesia, knowing that Froslass can't do much against Wyndon, but...
    but of course, Froslass crits. And so, Snorlax goes down! I'm so sorry Sophie, but it actually happened...
    Oh, it's not over there by the way! I try, without avail, to go back to Ninetales, and start panicking. Then, I try setting up a Light Screen with Electabuzz instead and have it get taken down as well. Only after a couple potions on Feraligatr, she's able to land the finishing Crunch, getting me my seventh badge but only after two more deaths... just like with Roark.

A big team change is in order now, and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it - in fact, I'll probably just make sure I have a good team for the big Galactic Team arc that's about to start. Stay tuned for the next update to see how that goes... I guess <3

🎀 Route 216 - Meditite → Institute, Feebas
    🎀 Route 217 - Snover → Rustboro, Nincada
    🎀 Acuity Lakefront - Sneasel → Verdanturf, Illumise

The current team is...
    🎀 Cinnabar, Ninetales, lv. 41, Flash Fire
    🎀 Moon, Crobat, lv. 40, Inner Focus
    🎀 Wyndon, lv. 41, Immunity
    Body Slam, Lick, Amnesia, Curse
    🎀 Olivine, Feraligatr, lv. 42, Torrent
    Surf, Slash, Crunch, Ice Fang
    🎀 Acuity, Medicham, lv. 40, Pure Power
    Force Palm, Detect, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
    🎀 Sunyshore, Electabuzz, lv. 40, Static
    Thunder Punch, Low Kick, Discharge, Light Screen

And the deaths!
    🎗️ Pyrite, Hitmonchan - vs. Mars's Purugly
    🎗️ Wyndon, Snorlax - vs. Candice's Froslass
    🎗️ Sunyshore, Electabuzz - vs. Candice's Froslass

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Pokemon Ruby Egglocke - Update 2

I put off writing this update so I can't remember exact details (e.g. which hatched Pokemon corresponds to what wild Pokemon or even what order I got them in). Will try to include what I remember! You can also tell that I started giving up on nicknames slightly :'D

• As a summary of all the Pokemon I hatched within this update (not in order): Ekans, Nosepass, Wooper, Swablu x 2, Slakoth, Tyrogue, Solrock, Miltank, Tentacool, Plusle, Seviper, Kecleon - listing them all here now as I can't remember at which stage I hatched them! All of them have nicknames (see list at the end).
    • Decided to swap out Bellsprout with Hug the Wooper upon realising that it does not learn any good moves until level 37
    • Using rare candies on Wooper until it reached my lowest levelled Pokemon caused it to evolve into Quagsire!
    • Progressed through Slateport City, beat Team Magma, fought rival and reached Mauville City, had few issues with Watson due to Quagsire's Mud Shot so the 3rd badge was secured!
    • Headed up to the route south of Fallarbor Town to level up a lot of my team
    • Was fast forwarding to speed up the grinding process and by not paying attention, accidentally caused my 1st death - bye Sneasel!
    • Swapped out Sneasel with Snek the Ekans
    • Defeated Flannery through the help of Quagsire and Goldeen without trouble, earning the 4th badge!
    • Decided I had enough of Goldeen so swapped it out for Ippo the Tyrogue
    • More grinding - led to a few evolutions where I gained Gardevoir, Arbok, Hitmonchan
    • Used the HM Strength to get the Fire Stone in Fiery Path - evolved my Vulpix into Ninetales after it learnt Flamethrower
    • Revived the Root Fossil at Devon
    • Headed back to Petalburg to challenge the gym - felt my soul exiting my body when I realised Norman had 2 Slakings... almost died multiple times but pulled through by spamming heal and waiting for Slaking's Truant to come up
    • Got the KO with Hitmonchan, earning the 5th badge!
    • Received Surf from Wally's dad and taught it to Quagsire
    • Mr Briney gave up on me so I decided to use Surf to explore the area around Dewford Town but I forget to get most of my new encounters unfortunately
    • Decided to explore the Abandoned Ship so I could get the TM for Ice Beam, which I decided to teach to Quagsire!
    • Headed up to Mauville City and decided to help Watson with turning off the generator in New Mauville to get Thunderbolt, almost got exploded on by several Voltorb
    • Beat up rival again
    • Defeated Team Magma at the Weather Institute
    • Reached Fortree City and decided to swap out Snek the Arbok with Yee the Swablu
    • Saved!

Current badges: 5

Current team:
    Spoiler:

Eggs in reserve/PC:
    Spoiler:

Deaths:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • lost half my team to brawly, but we're reconstructing...2 badges currently, going for a third tonight on stream lol.

Spr_3r_241.png

whitney lv. 13
    thick fat
    seismic toss / reversal / stomp / endure

Spr_3r_239.png

wonka lv. 15
    static
    thunderpunch / karate chop / barrier / meditate

Spr_3r_336.png

needles lv. 16
    shed skin
    stockpile / poison tail / bite / body slam

Spr_3r_074.png

boring lv. 14
    rock head
    rock slide / mud sport / mega punch / block

Spr_3r_060.png

not kiwi lv. 14
    water absorb
    water gun / hypnosis / bubblebeam / haze

Spr_3r_131.png

ferry lv. 8
    water absorb
    foresight / substitute / tickle / refresh

box:
    Spr_3r_193.png
    Spr_3r_265.png
    Spr_3r_235.png
    Spr_3r_218.png
    Spr_3r_069.png

rip:
    Spr_3r_120.png
    Spr_3r_331.png
    Spr_3r_077.png

Years
  • Hi, first update.

So I had a pretty rough time starting this challenge. My DS emulator stopped working when I first started playing, so I switched to FireRed. Apparently the cheat I used to enable the National Pokedex caused a script error which prevented me from progressing past Silph Co., so I switched to Emerald. After playing through a good chunk of Emerald, I got my DS emulator working again and felt the urge to just switch back to SoulSilver. So here we go, finally haha.

Anyway I'm using a randomly generated sequence to determine the order I pick my eggs. I started with a Totodile and swapped it for an egg as soon as I could, which hatched into a Wooper! I named him Slippy. Slippy then proceeded to die to a critical hit, but luckily I hatched another Wooper shortly after, which I also named Slippy. More importantly, I was able to hatch a Torchic! I named him Sanders (after Colonel Sanders).

Torchic and I made our way to Violet City pretty easily, even though Torchic's moveset was pretty rough until it learned Ember. I caught every Pokemon I could on the way and hatched their respective eggs, notably hatching a Cranidos and Shinx, which I named Titan and Sophie. After a bit of light grinding in Sprout Tower, I managed defeat Falkner, almost entirely with Titan the Cranidos. One badge down.

Funnily enough, my replacement egg for the Togepi you get in Violet City hatched into... a Togepi. I named him Sunny, but it mattered little since Sunny died to a critical hit while training. :(

Union Cave was a breeze to get through with Titan the Cranidos, and soon afterwards I had saved the Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well and ready to fight Bugsy. I decided to fight my rival before that, however, and that was a very very tough battle. Bayleef's Razor Leaf was doing too much damage to my team and I had resigned to sacrifice my recently hatched Illumise for a turn to heal. Luckily Illumise didn't die, but the battle was a wake up call.

Bugsy himself gave me a bit of trouble, too. Scyther U-Turned into Sophie the Luxio and left her at a very scary 2HP. Thankfully Sanders the Combusken was able to clean up the fight. After the gym, I was was able to get through to Goldenrod, but unfortunately I KO'd my Ilex Forest encounter. Also Titan the Cranidos died to a trainer's Kadabra while training for Whitney :'( Whitney herself was very easy due to Sanders the Combusken's Double Kick.

While training, I apparently hatched a shiny Poliwag, but I didn't even notice it was shiny until I switched into it to buy a turn to heal my Combusken. Oh well. I did hatch a Gible, which I named Atlas, but he died very quickly. I filled the sorely missing core team member with a Miltank I hatched. Combusken was able to take out most of Morty's team, but Roxie the Miltank finished off his Gengar using Rollout.

Unfortunately, Sanders the Combusken to one of the trainers in Chuck's gym, so I left to go train near the Safari Zone a bit, where I caught a Zubat and Bulbasaur, some nice additions to my team.

5nIFon4.png

042-f.png
    405-f.png
    241.png
    002.png

Violet | Sophie | Roxie | Basil
    24 | 32 | 30 | 23

Backup
    o_hs_127_1.png
    o_hs_194_1.png
    o_hs_314_1.png
    o_hs_293_1.png
    o_hs_338_1.png
    o_hs_234_1.png
    o_hs_109_1.png
    o_hs_236_1.png
    o_hs_309_1.png
    o_hs_403_1.png
    o_hs_043_1.png
    o_hs_451_1.png
    o_hs_313_1.png
    o_hs_114_1.png
    o_hs_406_1.png
    o_hs_225_1.png
    o_hs_200_1.png
    o_hs_374_1.png
    o_hs_412-plant_1.png

R.I.P.
    o_hs_194_1.png
    o_hs_175_1.png
    o_hs_408_1.png
    o_hs-S_060_1.png
    o_hs_443_m-1.png
    o_hs_209_1.png
    o_hs_256_1.png

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's badge #8 - Platinum

As you all know, this is a BIG segment to go through - and in fact, my team changed quite a lot of times, too! Started it off by adding in Clover the Shinx in place of Electabuzz, training up (slowly) Lentimas the Trapinch and barging in the Veilstone Galactic HQ where I was able to get a lot of training... but of course, it couldn't be so easy. Acuity the Medicham was killed by a crit Tri Attack (which honestly wouldn't have really mattered, but I'm still angry it happened) from a scientist's Porygon2. It was briefly replaced by Rocky the Mankey, which I kept on my team for a while with the intentions of training up.

Cyrus and Saturn were easy, with Clover (now Luxray) and Cinnabar (Ninetales) doing most of the work, but that still left me pondering how to fix up my team. In the end, I decided to add what is basically an HM slave that could help me with tanking some hits and at least buying me time to heal - probably the best sixth member for Team Coronet, which requires a lot of HMs to navigate but also has tons of hard fights. Clearly, Primeape was a bit too weak defensively for the role, and so I looked for more options in my box. Vigoroth was one (Slaking would have been quite difficult to take down) but in the end, I picked up Skorupi and taught it Rock Smash, Strength, and... oh wait, it can only learn Rock Climb when it's evolved into Drapion. Time to...

grind up Skorupi until it evolved, of course! Probably not the most time effective strategy or the most reasonable, but I did it anyways (Austin approves). I battled tons of wild Pokémon and Fishermen, especially those on Route 218 with the Gyarados, and finally got myself a Drapion... with 3 HM moves and an Exp. Share. Sorry dear, I'll fix your moveset all up if/when we get safe and sound to the entrance of the Pokémon League Building! That's the moment for when I'm saving all of my TMs, too.

And so the climb began. It was actually easier than I remembered (probably because I'm much older now than last time I tried this, back in 2014) but still not that easy - I still made sure to explore all the rooms and pick up all the items, before finally getting to the Spear Pillar and having Ninetales and Luxray keep at bay Jupiter and Mars. Barry helped quite a lot, admittedly, especially when Heracross came in and dealt with the ever so annoying Purugly, while Skuntank was "handled" with mostly Hypnosis from Cinnabar and being way too scared of Critical Hits. Yay!

Next up of course is the Distortion world, which this time was harder than I expected. I went through it as a kid, so now I should remember how to do it again... nope! I still managed to solve the puzzles relatively easily but it still gave me such strong feelings... with Platinum being my very first game, of course it did! I get chills everytime :')
    Cyrus was a rollercoaster of emotions too, from being super excited when Crobat and Honchkrow went down easily, to when I fooled his strategy by giving my Flygon a Rawst Berry (making Houndoom's Will-o-wisp useless before pounding it with Dig), to when Ninetales barely survived Weavile's attacks, to when Luxray had to take an Earthquake from Gyarados. Look, if some of those attacks ended up being crits, I would've been in a very very bad place, but let's not jinx it...

With that done, I was now able to KO Giratina with my Luxray's Crunch (it took about two hits) and get out of the Distortion world back into Sendoff Spring. Unfortunately, Cynthia appears to be blocking Turnback cave so no encounter there! I do, however get access to the whole Sunyshore area, which means more trainers to go through and more encounters, too! Route 222's encounter was a Luxio who used Roar, though... so nothing from there >:(
    Sendoff Spring was a Graveler which also scared me a lot, but this time I was able to catch it... phew. I swear Gravelers are the scariest Pokémon in existance, at least up until Gen 4 where Self Destruct and Explosion are bugged...

🎀 Acuity Lake - Psyduck → Pyre, Shuppet*
    🎀 Valor Lake - Golduck → Turffield, Spearow
    🎀 Sunyshore City - Tentacool → Hulbury, Remoraid*
    🎀 Sendoff Spring - Graveler → Granite, Nosepass
    🎀 Route 223 - Mantyke → Littleroot, Poochyena*
    🎀 Pokémon League - Wingull → Driftveil, Chinchou

This is interesting because I got super lucky with Shinies - apparently there's one in each box, but in just this segment I was able to find three of them! Shuppet and Remoraid are Pokémon that I don't plan on training right now (although Remoraid was useful because it allowed me to finally evolve that trollish Mantyke into a Mantine) whereas the Mightyena that I found has Covet - which more than anything makes it a wonderful "item stealer" from wild Pokémon! Granite on the other hand...

It was eventually time to beat Volkner, and to do that I mostly just trained up Lentimas (poor thing even took an Ice Fang from some random Fisherman's Gyarados, and lived to tell the tale) but, knowing that the leader's own Luxray knew Ice Fang, I had to try and find a different Pokémon to handle it. I decided to go with Granite, now a Probopass, and while Thunder Fang still hurt way more than necessary... this guy pulled off a Magnitude 10 (egg move) and finished Luxray off! From there, it was a Dig Sweep with Flygon.

So yeah, I can't really complain now, can I? Yes, I lost one more Pokémon and didn't get any really interesting encounter to spice up my team, but this is probably the segment where I realized the potential of the squad I have right now! All that's left to do now is go through Victory Road (for which I'll just pick up Drapion again, surely) and reach the door of the Pokémon League. My cue for using up all my items, TMs and such without worrying about exploring anymore! And then... the league. Of course. We all know how harsh it can be in Platinum :)
    And by the way, I have just one encounter left, the Victory Road one, in this entire run. Hoping it's a good one...

Next update will be the last of the run, so stay tuned~ It's been an amazing ride so far but it's not over yet! <3

The current team is...
    🎀 Cinnabar, Ninetales, lv. 47, Flash Fire
    🎀 Moon, Crobat, lv. 44, Inner Focus
    🎀 Granite, Probopass, lv. 48, Sturdy
    Magnitude, Rock Slide, Thunder Wave, Double-Edge
    🎀 Olivine, Feraligatr, lv. 44, Torrent
    Surf, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang
    🎀 Lentimas, Flygon, lv. 50, Levitate
    Dig, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Sand Tomb
    🎀 Clover, Luxray, lv. 53 (!), Rivalry
    Spark, Fire Fang, Crunch, Quick Attack

And the deaths!
    🎗️ Acuity, Medicham - vs. a Galactic Scientist's Porygon2's crit Tri Attack

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I'm looking to distract myself on the weekend, so this looks perfect. I'm in!

🥚 Your name: Sorvete
    🥚 Your game of choice: White 2
    🥚 Any optional rules: Set mode, no healing in battle, no overleveling, Challenge Mode
    🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Bunnelby, of course!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • no losses this update. i was worried about using boring bc of magnemite/voltorb cutting through with sonicboom, but they were no match for boring's newly acquired magnitude. x4 weakness especially didn't stand a chance lol. we beat wattson for our third badge and continued on to fallarbor town. i hatched four more pokemon last night (numel, psyduck, gulpin, and plusle) which weren't bad hatches. decent moves on numel and psyduck, so they would make viable replacements if the time comes. i messed up my route 114 encounter, though. i just? zoned out? and forgot to catch the first encounter? like i just ran away from it? so i didn't count it and moved on lol still got 5 eggs hatched between mauville and meteor falls, plus we'll get a jagged pass encounter. also - it just hit me i hadn't updated since even getting to mauville lol i hatched vulpix and some other shit...i can't even keep up anymore, there have been so many. my list is on my other computer, i'll grab it and edit it in later.

also question: does the wynaut egg in lavaridge count as an encounter for the area or nah?

Spr_3r_241.png

whitney lv. 20
    thick fat
    seismic toss / reversal / stomp / milk drink

Spr_3r_239.png

wonka lv. 21 @ oran berry
    static
    thunderpunch / karate chop / barrier / light screen

Spr_3r_336.png

needles lv. 23 @ silk scarf
    shed skin
    screech / poison tail / bite / body slam

Spr_3r_074.png

boring lv. 22 @ soft sand
    rock head
    rock slide / magnitude / mega punch / rock smash

Spr_3r_060.png

not kiwi lv. 22
    water absorb
    water gun / hypnosis / bubblebeam / haze

Spr_3r_037.png

kiara lv. 20 @ blackglasses
    flash fire
    ember / faint attack / hypnosis / will-o-wisp

box:
    Spr_3r_193.png
    Spr_3r_265.png
    Spr_3r_235.png
    Spr_3r_218.png
    Spr_3r_069.png
    Spr_3r_131.png

Spr_3r_355.png
    Spr_3r_322.png
    Spr_3r_311.png
    Spr_3r_316.png
    Spr_3r_054.png

rip:
    Spr_3r_120.png
    Spr_3r_331.png
    Spr_3r_077.png

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Egglocke Challenge in Pokémon White 2

Part One: Badges 1-4

Right off the bat I'm greeted by my rival Hugh and tasked to go collect my starter. Since this is gonna get boxed anyway it doesn't really matter what I choose, so I went with Oshawott since that's what I've chosen the least amount of times in past runs. I fight Hugh and proceed to the first Pokémon center where I can grab my "actual" starter. I use Random.org to determine which Egg to take, and it ends up being...

Spoiler:

Interesting start, to say the least. Right away I get a mon with over 400 BST lol.

I proceed to Route 19 and catch my first encounter, swap in with an egg, and... it's a bloody Miltank lmao. This is such a broken start for a nuzlocke that I don't think I'm gonna have any trouble for the first few badges, and with Milk Drink this poke is a perfect fit for a HC run. The Miltank is Jolly and promptly named Yogurt.

Route 20 gives me a Zigzagoon which is named Zac, and the Floccesy Ranch gives me a Numel named Melon, an exciting encounter! I easily defeat Hugh in the ranch with Yogurt's aid.

Spoiler:

I took my time grinding and fighting the trainers available at this point until I was at a reasonable level for the gym, although with how much heat I've been given I don't think Cheren will be much of a problem. And I was right! A few Stomps from Yogurt easily defeated him, without needing to heal with Milk Drink. First badge got.

Spoiler:

After this Bianca meets me outside and gives me the TM for Return, which basically means, I have a Return/Work Up Miltank with only 1 badge. This is fun!

Proceeding through Route 2 again and through Virbank City, I catch myself an encounter down at the complex and swap out for a Gulpin egg. I'm only gonna use this if absolutely necessary though.

Roxie was a clean sweep with my newly acquired killing machine. (although I forgot to take a screenshot oops)

I shot a movie and defeated Team Plasma and then made my way to Castelia City, where I got some tokens from the sewers, garden and Relic Passage, as well as Route 4 above. I was able to get an Elekid, a Lileep, a... Durant! And Sigilyph. I added all four of them to my team and boxed Cryogonal (since I wasn't using it that much and the low defense is scary) and Zigzagoon.

I defeated most of the trainers and grinded and decided to take on the next gym with Melon. I set up an Agility with Durant first and Baton Passed into Melon so I could outspeed all of his team. Lava Plume/Earth Power was able to one shot or two shot his entire team. Turns out Numel's learnset is nuts!

Spoiler:

After also soloing Colress with Melon, I went to catch a desert resort encounter as well as a relic castle encounter. Once I arrived at Nimbasa I also caught both a Route 5 and 16 encounter, and one for Lostlorn Forest. Those were swapped for Cherubi, Paras, Castform, Dunsparce and the most exciting of all, Karrablast.

Spoiler:

After some grinding, it was time to take on Elesa. I led with Yogurt to do some damage to Emolga with Body Slam, and the first one paralyzed it! It Volt Switched into Flaaffy though, so I swapped in Melon to absorb the electric attack. Earth Power took it out with a crit, and Joltik was next. Lava Plume was a one-shot after little Energy Ball damage. Zebstrika comes next and gets two-shot by Earth Power, while also doing some damage back. Lastly, the Emolga comes back and thanks to paralysis Melon can outspeed it and fire off a Lava Plume, finishing the battle and earning us the badge.

Spoiler:

After this fight, Melon finally evolves!
    Team

miltank.gif

Miltank (Yogurt) | Jolly nature | Thick Fat
    Moves: Body Slam, Zen Headbutt, Work Up, Milk Drink
    Lv. 32 @ Silk Scarf

camerupt.gif

Camerupt (Melon) | Impish nature | Magma Armor
    Moves: Lava Plume, Earth Power, Rock Slide, Curse
    Lv. 33

durant.gif

Durant (Roque) | Gentle nature | Swarm
    Moves: Metal Claw, Bug Bite, Crunch, Dig
    Lv. 32

lileep.gif

Lileep (Blassi) | Naive nature | Suction Cups
    Moves: Rock Tomb, Return, Barrier, Recover
    Lv. 32 @ Leftovers

electabuzz.gif

Electabuzz (Gay Rights) | Hardy nature | Static
    Moves: Thunder Punch, Low Kick, Thunder Wave, Light Screen
    Lv. 32 @ Eviolite

sigilyph.gif

Sigilyph (Omega) | Naughty nature | Wonder Skin
    Moves: Psybeam, Air Cutter, Light Screen, Reflect
    Lv. 32 @ Twisted Spoon

Box
    gulpin.gif
    cryogonal.gif
    zigzagoon.gif
    cherubi.gif
    paras.gif
    dunsparce.gif
    escavalier.gif
    castform.gif

Last edited:
    Years
  • 🥚 Your name: Mercury
    🥚 Your game of choice: Emerald
    🥚 Any optional rules: Nope!
    🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Bunnelby, tho!​

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Minor update: Just opened a 4-way path (?) to Saffron. I'm planning to storm into the Rocket Hideout in Erika arc, deal with the Pokemon Tower's ghosts in Koga arc, and liberate Silph Co. in Sabrina arc. But now that my party is underleveled in, like, early 20s, I prolly should grind. I mean, what level is Erika's ace again? 29? 🤔

Years

• Janp's Eggcellent Egglocke Eggventure

Once again let's start with encounters for this update:
    Ilex Forest - Oddish - actually 21st egg from 3rd box containing Schedir, the female Glameow
    Route 34 - Ditto - run out of Poké Balls
    Route 35 - Nidoran - actually 18th egg from 1st box containing Cygni, the male Wooper
    National Park - Hoothoot - actually 16th egg from 2nd box containing Upsilon, the female Houndour
    Route 36 - Hoothoot - actually 20th egg from 6th box containing Zeta, the male Natu
    Route 37 - Stantler - actually 10th egg from 1st box containing Black hole, the male Combee
    Burned Tower - Zubat - actually 5th egg from 6th box containing Sun, the female Shinx

Since I wasn't able to get any Fighting-type, I was afraid of challenging Whitney. I didn't have any status move to help, but I once again used Merak and after stalling Miltank's Milk Drinks, I Countered all her attacks and won. But I have to admit that her Miltank inflicted huge damage with each not very effective Stomp. To the point that I had to heal. With regular Potion, since I didn't buy any better healing item at that point.

While going to Ecruteak City, I got Houndour, put it on my team and realized I have 4 Dark-types. That in combination with Pollux should have been enough to easily beat Morty. I also hatched a male Combee. A male Combee. Do you want to hear a fun fact from making HGSS saves? I remember noticing that one of the generated Pokémon (basically everything about each Pokémon was randomly generated, including gender) was male Combee. I also remember that I left it there was thinking if anyone will ever be so unlucky to hatch it. Well...

Let's move on... I realized my Pokémon are way too underleveled during the battle with Jamp. Oh! I get it! That male Combee. It's Jamp's fault! But back to the battle. Pollux could beat his Gastly and Zubat, Carinae beat his Croconaw. But his Magnemite took me several switched and healing to even get to the red HP and even more nerves to beat. My whole team ended up in red HP and paralyzed, but no deaths so far. Time for grinding. I also caught Zubat here, but forgot to hatch a egg for it before challenging Morty.

For Morty, I've used Carinae to beat his Gastly and Gengar, but then I had to switch it because of Gastly's Curse. I sent out Acrux, who only had Astonish as her only damaging move, so that didn't go well. She almost beat one Haunter, but succumbed to its Curse in the end. Upsilon came in and avenged my dear starter. She didn't do much and was quickly overshadowed by other Pokémon, but I swear she is the last casualty of this run.

I realized I didn't hatch anything for Burned Tower's Zubat after the battle, so I rolled an egg and ended up with awesome Shinx with fine moveset. At least something positive happened this update.

yg2uu6h.png

ba9zN3m.png

dwuTjt7.png

FclXdsx.png

5OU3tqQ.png

xnp1d7X.png

Years

• Janp's Eggcellent Egglocke Eggventure

Once again let's start with encounters for this update:
    Mt. Mortar - Machop - actually 23rd egg from 5th box containing Sirius, the male Volbeat
    Route 38 - Ditto - actually 12th egg from 6th box containing Omicron, the male Torchic
    Route 39 - Rattata - actually 21st egg from 1st box containing Gilese, the female Qwilfish
    Olivine City - Magikarp - actually 8th egg from 4th box containing Stein, the - Staryu
    Route 40 - Krabby - actually 13th egg from 1st box containing Pavonis, the male Kabuto
    Ecruteak City - Magikarp - actually 16th egg from 3rd box containing Eridani, the male Rhyhorn
    Route 42 - Magikarp - actually 11th egg from 1st box containing Cetus, the male Carnivore
    Route 41 - Chinchou - actually 6th egg from 4th box containing Auriga, the male Pachirisu
    Olivine City - Staryu - actually 3rd egg from 5th box containing Ara, the female Teddiursa

Time to move on.

First, I trained Sun and got my encounters all around the city. That's 7 encounters before even continuing on with a story. I got some pretty nice Pokémon that could be helpful down the line and changed my team a little bit again. I got quite a few Water-types. Not really a fan of that. I would love to get some more variety in types.

When I was beating trainers in Chuck's Gym, one Hitmonchan hit Pollux with critical Thunder Punch and killed her. I blame Jamp for this. I put Zeta on team and quickly obliterated Chuck. Luckily his Poliwrath didn't land Hypnosis at first, so I had several free hits on him. But then he put both Zeta and Sun asleep. I was expecting Focus Punch, so I sent out Merak, but only got welcomed by Body Slam. I wasn't sure if Merak can beat him with just Wing Attack, so I risked it and went for Counter. To my surprise, Poliwrath used Body Slam once again, leaving Merak with 3 HP, but inflicting enough damage for Merak to finish the battle. Oh and after the battle, I realized I had level 1 Auriga and Ara on my team, since I hatched them before going to the Gym and forgetting about them.

I flew back to Olivine and beat Jasmine with Sun and Gilese. I love Qwilfish. I hope I can take her to E4. But that's all I can say about this battle. Even underleveled, I just spammed Fire Fang and Surf to beat her Magnemite and Steelix.

Jsxx5nk.png

D4rNsdZ.png

9ombhu0.png

lgAy8AE.png

aDn2ofa.png

mW79ii9.png

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's League Challenge - Platinum

So, this update starts with a bang.
    Flygon died against my Victory Road encounter, a Graveler who decided to just use Explosion and crit. Honestly, I think that if the Geodude line wasn't in the game, this run would've been much, much easier. Unova, looking at you - oh wait, Sturdy is actually useful in that gen. Nevermind!

Victory Road still looked scary to me, so I decided to train up my team to level... 55 or more before going in. This took a while, of course, also because I had to change some things around... with Flygon gone, I decided to replace her with my Dratini and level that Pokémon up until it would fully evolve (at level 55, in fact). Looking at the various league trainers, I also decided to swap Crobat for Yanma and evolve that into Yanmega - gives me more Special attackers, deals very well with Lucian, and of course, did very well in my Platinum flying monotype that I did years and years ago.

I did have some close calls during this whole thing, of course. Staraptor trainers, Graveler trainers, mandatory double battles, but... I can't complain. After all the leveling up I did, I was able to go through Victory Road quite easily. And yes that includes Barry! With that done, as I promised... I finally decided to spice up my Pokémon's movesets by using a ton of different TMs, Heart Scales, and leaving only Fly on Dragonite as the only HM in my team. Drapion no longer being an HM slave was so satisfactory! I also grew some berries and explored a lot of new areas all around Sinnoh to get all the items I could. :)

What about the league though? Well...
    At first Aaron caught me off with a nice switch, but I was able to handle all his Pokémon quite well with Ninetales and Yanmega. His Drapion was walled by my own Drapion, who knew Earthquake (unlike his). Then came Bertha, who of course scared me off with Golem and Rhyperior... but Olivine handled those alright. Yanmega's newly acquired Giga Drain helped to make short work of the rest of the Pokémon, especially Whiscash, that Olivine couldn't handle. Flint? Again, Olivine! And Drapion of course. Overall it was quite easy, as long as I could avoid Sunny Day and such. And Lucian, the last one... well, Yanmega and Drapion dealt with him.
    As these battles can prove, this team looks pretty well equipped for all of the Elite 4's teams! In terms of levels, I also have a slight advantage even over Lucian, meaning that the only way I could've messed up was by doing some big mistakes.
    Cynthia of course was a bit different.

Spiritomb got switched out right away into Garchomp, which was a scary situation to be in, because I had Dragonite out. I switched to Olivine and got kinda scared, because as usual, Garchomp's attacks really hurt and it was definitely faster than most of my team (in hindsight, Yanmega having Detect and Speed Boost was an amazing choice) and... well, here I got very lucky, because Feraligatr survived, used Ice Fang, and briefly froze Garchomp, basically forcing Cynthia to use one of her Full Restores. This gave me time to finally KO Garchomp with Feraligatr, and from there, it was all pretty smooth sailing. Clover finally got some time in the spotlight by handling Milotic and Togekiss, Drapion dealt with Lucario, Ninetales with Roserade and Dragonite (finally) with the Spiritomb from the beginning. And that's how I made it into the Hall of Fame with no deaths in the League <3

Here's the Hall of Fame screenshot:

The current team is...
    🎀 Cinnabar, Ninetales, lv. 59, Flash Fire
    Flamethrower, Will-o-wisp, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse
    🎀 National, Yanmega, lv. 59, Speed Boost
    Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Giga Drain, Detect
    🎀 Po, Drapion, lv. 60, Battle Armor
    Cross Poison, Crunch, Earthquake, Thunder Fang
    🎀 Olivine, Feraligatr, lv. 59, Torrent
    Brick Break, Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang
    🎀 Blackthorn, Dragonite, lv. 58, Inner Focus
    Fly, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Dragon Dance
    🎀 Clover, Luxray, lv. 62, Rivalry
    Spark, Fire Fang, Crunch, Discharge

And the deaths!
    🎗️ Acuity, Medicham - vs. a Galactic Scientist's Porygon2's crit Tri Attack
    🎗️ Lentimas, Flygon - vs. a wild Graveler's crit Explosion :)

Years
  • been a while since I posted huh

Your name: waters_echo
    Your game of choice: Leaf Green
    Any optional rules: nah
    The best Easter Pokémon: bunnelby, so I am told

(I started on the 12th but never actually posted, so my game has been progressing for uh. about 11 days now, actually, but I've been recording things in stickynotes so that's. fine.)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    🥚 Your name: Circus
    🥚 Your game of choice: Emerald
    🥚 Any optional rules: Let's say nope
    🥚 The best Easter Pokémon: Azumarill, it's both a bunny and an egg. Can't get more Easter-y than that. Wait, I'm apparently contractually obligated to say it's Bunnelby. Errgh, at least it's not Buneary.

A lot bit late but I think I can scrape by the deadline.

----

Update #1 - Roxanne
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back