• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    The system doesn't exactly know where in the picture the
    pokemon sprite is. I looked at them and for rowlet for example there is a lot of unused space.

"When adding custom/new sprites into your game, and if you're using this battle system,
    make sure that each of the sprite frames have their width be equal to their height (i.e. square)."

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    The system doesn't exactly know where in the picture the
    pokemon sprite is. I looked at them and for rowlet for example there is a lot of unused space.

"When adding custom/new sprites into your game, and if you're using this battle system,
    make sure that each of the sprite frames have their width be equal to their height (i.e. square)."

I see. Would I be able to fix that by moving the sprites down inside of their own picture?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jun 16, 2019
    Help! I am getting an error when testing my game. I am using the Gen 6 3d sprites, and when the Spewpa goes for Harden, it shows me this error:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

Message: Section183:297:in `set_pixel'can't convert Sprite into Color

EliteBattle_Animations:275:in `pbCommonAnimation'

SJPlugins_Updater:297:in `drawCircle'

SJPlugins_Updater:296:in `each'

SJPlugins_Updater:296:in `drawCircle'

SJPlugins_Updater:289:in `each'

SJPlugins_Updater:289:in `drawCircle'

EliteBattle_Animations:753:in `pbCommonAnimationStatUp'

EliteBattle_Animations:746:in `each'

EliteBattle_Animations:746:in `pbCommonAnimationStatUp'

(eval):1:in `pbCommonAnimation'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\himan\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • Help! I am getting an error when testing my game. I am using the Gen 6 3d sprites, and when the Spewpa goes for Harden, it shows me this error:

There's a nice note on the first page that pretty much says that the EBS does not support GIFs, which are the format for 3D "sprites". That might be your issue right there.

How to fix: Don't use 3D sprites. You can find Gen VI Pokemon sprites in Gen V style. They do exist.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jun 16, 2019
    Yes, I do know the fact that GIFs are not supported.
    The 3d sprites I am using are working, as the png file is in the same format that the BW sprites given are.
    The error is within is with the new move animations.
    Sadly, I had to delete the new move animations, so that the error disappears for the time being

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • The error is within is with the new move animations.
    Sadly, I had to delete the new move animations, so that the error disappears for the time being

Actually it was a typo in the common animation for stats going up. All you had to do was start up your game while in debug, you'd get a prompt to update the plugins ... and voila. Fixed. I can't make it any easier for you guys. My scripts auto install AND keep themselves up to date without you needing to use so much as a single brain cell. It is impossible for me, in this universe of ours, to make the process of using my plugins any simpler.

EVERYTHING concerning the plugins gets handled remotely, over the air. And I know that you used the Universal Plugin Installer to install EBS, as that was a bug introduced with it. I don't know what else to say.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jun 16, 2019
    Hey Luka, by all means, I don't mean to bother you. Also, while running in Debug mode, the only prompt I got was the one saying that the the Graphics weren't arranged the way they were supposed to be in. Anyways, I try to run it again. Thanks for the help!

Nevermind, it is working now! The Universal Plugin Installer is truly an amazing thing. I have to be honest, I never knew it could install updates automatically. The animations are now working! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Error with AutoUpdate

I logged into pokemon essentials today to test my game when I logged into debug mode it crashed and gave this error please someone help me (sorry for my bad english I'm brazilian)

Exception: ArgumentError
    SJPlugins_Updater:735:in '<'
    SJPlugins_Updater:736:in 'beginAutoUpdate'
    SJPlugins_Updater:730:in 'each'
    SJPlugins_Updater:730:in 'beginAutoUpdate'
    SJPlugins_Updater:813:in 'loadSpriteConversion'
    EliteBattle_Battle:639:in 'pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:6:in 'main'
    Main:49:in 'mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:27:in 'MainFunction'
    Main:27:in 'pbCriticalCode'

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I logged into pokemon essentials today to test my game when I logged into debug mode it crashed and gave this error please someone help me (sorry for my bad english I'm brazilian)

Exception: ArgumentError
    SJPlugins_Updater:735:in '<'
    SJPlugins_Updater:736:in 'beginAutoUpdate'
    SJPlugins_Updater:730:in 'each'
    SJPlugins_Updater:730:in 'beginAutoUpdate'
    SJPlugins_Updater:813:in 'loadSpriteConversion'
    EliteBattle_Battle:639:in 'pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:6:in 'main'
    Main:49:in 'mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:27:in 'MainFunction'
    Main:27:in 'pbCriticalCode'

Is there really a need to post that on 5 different sites? Besides, I do think Luka answered you already.

Years
  • Luka SJ EBS Help

I started using this awesome engine just some time ago ....but when i try to view any Battler Sprites its giving me this error... can anybody help?

Attachments

• Problem.png
      Problem.png
      43.4 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Well the error itself is quite clear I think...
    It looks you are missing graphics or they aren't in the right folder.

Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen Jun 18, 2019
    Hey! How do I make neither the trainer nor the Pokéball appear during the battle?

KbuoS

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I started using this awesome engine just some time ago ....but when i try to view any Battler Sprites its giving me this error... can anybody help?

EBS uses a different way of battler sprite storage. Maybe you missed out on that? Or it's just Celebi, who knows.

Years
  • EBS uses a different way of battler sprite storage. Maybe you missed out on that? Or it's just Celebi, who knows.
    All the Battler Sprites don't work and I haven't changed the sprites since installation of the Battle System

Well the error itself is quite clear I think...
    It looks you are missing graphics or they aren't in the right folder.
    I don't have any missing graphics, they are all in the 'Battlers' folder

Could it be because I installed it on Essentials 16.2?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I don't have any missing graphics, they are all in the 'Battlers' folder

There's this thing called informing yourself about the resources you're using. Both my site's FAQ and the news page talk about the changes done to the naming conventions of the sprites (not to mention I've talked about it in my videos/streams/forum posts). EBS works. You just have to run the game in debug mode at least once, and the rest will be done FOR YOU.

My stuff seriously takes 0% of your brain capacity to use (apparently that's too much to ask for as well). Everything is done AUTOMATICALLY FOR YOU. I don't know how to make it any simpler than that.

Years
  • Hey, Luka. Is there a list for moves which has animation already? It could be really helpful for people if they want to animate some moves since they could be only variant of existing moves. Thanks for your help.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hey, Luka. Is there a list for moves which has animation already? It could be really helpful for people if they want to animate some moves since they could be only variant of existing moves. Thanks for your help.

People can "Ctrl + (Shift +) F" to see if it's included yet or not. Luka was smart enough to put the names above each animation.

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • EBS Pokeball Spritesheet

Hey Everyone,

I was just playing around with the EBS System and recently it improved its new animations. However, when looking at the Pokeball sprite sheet, it only has a few Pokeballs depicted there. Therefore, when trainers try to use another Pokeball, it comes up with the standard one.
    Does anyone have a completed version of the sheet or would anyone be interested in doing one? I think it would benefit a lot of people if it was done.

I've attached the sprite sheet just in case you want to see what it looks like.

DJ

Attachments

• pokeballs.png
      pokeballs.png
      58.5 KB · Views: 21
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 26, 2019
    Can I apply the elite battle system to RMX-OS?

Hi, this is a simple question, but I want to be compatible with the rmxos engine. Is there no way?

Back