• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you for your help, The_learner.

After much blood, sweat, and tears, I've finally got things working. Had to reapply tools and manually merge some settings in the ini for PGE, but it works. I appreciate you helping me out.

Trainer 781

for the record, what numbersperson means is that there's current only one twinkle tackle z-move name, which means that every subsequent move has the type, power, etc. of the move before it. easily fixed by adding the second twinkle tackle.

alright, thanks for responding. i'm working on translating the move animations into script language (and also cutting down extra stuff i don't need) so here's what i've got currently

edit: added heart swap

Spoiler:

All animations except Heart Swap seem to have some problem. In case of terrain moves, the colored animation background doesn't seem to go away. And the move animation for soak seems to distort the user HP box.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
All animations except Heart Swap seem to have some problem. In case of terrain moves, the colored animation background doesn't seem to go away. And the move animation for soak seems to distort the user HP box.

Code:
GRASSY_TERRAIN_ANIM:
	playsound1 0xE2
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0x0 0xC 0x33ED
	waitanimation 
	pause 0x32
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0xC 0x0 0x33ED
	waitanimation 
	endanimation 
MISTY_TERRAIN_ANIM:
	playsound1 0xE2
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0x0 0xC 0x7FB9
	waitanimation 
	pause 0x32
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0xC 0x0 0x7FB9
	waitanimation 
	endanimation 
ELECTRIC_TERRAIN_ANIM:
	playsound1 0xE2
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0x0 0xC 0x3DF
	waitanimation 
	pause 0x32
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0xC 0x0 0x3DF
	waitanimation 
	endanimation 
PSYCHIC_TERRAIN_ANIM:
	playsound1 0xE2
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0x0 0xC 0x755F
	waitanimation 
	pause 0x32
	launchtemplate TEMPL_0x8597274 0x2 0x5 0x1 0x1 0xC 0x0 0x755F
	waitanimation 
	endanimation

for the terrains i just mis-transcribed something when converting to script, these should work. i'll look into soak when i have time

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Years
When I try to compile I get this:
picture.php

PD:

make.py

picture.php

Config.h

picture.php

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
When I try to compile I get this:
picture.php

PD:

make.py

picture.php

Config.h

picture.php

Same happens to me. It's an error with Lycanroc names. I fixed it but I can't make it work anyways on PGE since all Pokemon have broken attacks. I've tried everything I knew on the roms.ini but nothing works.

Trainer 781

Fixed! Download the Latest Update.

Same happens to me. It's an error with Lycanroc names. I fixed it but I can't make it work anyways on PGE since all Pokemon have broken attacks. I've tried everything I knew on the roms.ini but nothing works.

Did you run PGEinidump.py (which takes roms.ini as input and outputs test.ini) after make.py ?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Fixed! Download the Latest Update.

Did you run PGEinidump.py (which takes roms.ini as input and outputs test.ini) after make.py ?

Yeah, I obviously did. The problem happens when I enable movesets. If I disable them in the config, PGE doesn't crash.

Trainer 781

Yeah, I obviously did. The problem happens when I enable movesets. If I disable them in the config, PGE doesn't crash.

Does PGE crash on the input rom (not the test output ROM)? Also did you update the no. of pokemon in the config.h file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
So I need a proper walkthrough of how to work with this because the installation is way too damn complicated for me

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Does PGE crash on the input rom (not the test output ROM)? Also did you update the no. of pokemon in the config.h file?

It crashes on the output file. I'm just testing things, I installed a lot of times the Battle Engine but it's the first time this happens. Now it also crashes when battling so I may be doing something wrong.
So, I have installed first Pokemon Expansion (and it works perfectly ingame and PGE), then Items and TM expansion (works perfectly ingame and PGE) but when I apply the Battle Engine my game now freezes on battle and PGE doesn't work (doesn't matter since the game doesn't work). I've installed a lot of times the Battle Engine but I think it's the first time that something like this happens to me, at least since I know how to apply it.

EDIT: Nope, I can't make it work. I may be forgeting about something but this is what I do. Edit "Config.h" like this
Spoiler:
then I edit the double tile location like this
Spoiler:
then I edit offsets on "make.py", "insert.py" and "linker.Id". (like this
Spoiler:
) What I'm missing?

EDIT2: Well, I used the "Look for FreeSpace" from "make.py" and it did work. Why? I chose an empty location using an Hex editor manually. Using the same offset the "free space" found manually also works. So, I indeed did something wrong. But what?

Last edited:

Trainer 781

It crashes on the output file. I'm just testing things, I installed a lot of times the Battle Engine but it's the first time this happens. Now it also crashes when battling so I may be doing something wrong.
So, I have installed first Pokemon Expansion (and it works perfectly ingame and PGE), then Items and TM expansion (works perfectly ingame and PGE) but when I apply the Battle Engine my game now freezes on battle and PGE doesn't work (doesn't matter since the game doesn't work). I've installed a lot of times the Battle Engine but I think it's the first time that something like this happens to me, at least since I know how to apply it.

I think the offset you used earlier might have overwritten pokemon expansion data without looking for freespace.

EDIT: The sheer force bug is fixed!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I think the offset you used earlier might have overwritten pokemon expansion data without looking for freespace.

EDIT: The sheer force bug is fixed!

Hmm... It's still strange but that might be it.

Now I have another problem and it's with attacks. I can't put any new attack (the ones created on the Battle Engine) on Pokemon using PGE. When I put, for example, "Leafage" on a Pokemon and the I click on Apply, the attack resets to another one like "Teleport".

Trainer 781

Hmm... It's still strange but that might be it.

Now I have another problem and it's with attacks. I can't put any new attack (the ones created on the Battle Engine) on Pokemon using PGE. When I put, for example, "Lea***e" on a Pokemon and the I click on Apply, the attack resets to another one like "Teleport".

Can you put any pre-gen 7 attack?

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
i download the lastest version and found some erros,

you can correct it with:

• in movedesc.s
at line 764 add

.word SPECTRAL_THIEF_description

• in move_names.s
at line 665 add

.byte T_, w_, i_, n_, k_, l_, e_, Space, S_, l_, a_, m_, Termin

Because only have one Z-move fairy and it bug all description, and attacks effects

• in moves.h
at line 634 delete all down and add it

Spoiler:

i not understand why L E A F A G E (whitnout space) LEAFAGE appear with **** in this thread but change it for l e a f a g e with capitalizing

the original no have ROCK and STEEL Z Moves (both PHYSICAL and SPECIAL)

other minor erros:
Moonlight - is now Fairy type
Hoopa Last Move (Warp Hole) is at lv 85 not lv 1

Awesome resourcers i love it soo much

EDIT: i upload all archive for facilite the work

Attachments

• Engine.rar
    23.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
In PGE, move effects don't seem to be correct...
For example, Liquidation's effect is set to "Freezes the target", Fluer Cannon is set to "Burns the target", etc. Is there something I have to do to the .ini to fix this? I couldn't find anything on that in the thread.
For the record, the effects work fine in-game, so it's just a display issue I'm worried about.

EDIT: I also found a moveset oversight: Arceus learns Recover at level 80 when it should be level 70.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back