• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The expansion doesn't add new pokemon for you. It just creates free slots to add pokemon. But now we are working to provide Gen 1-7 pokemon data by default.

If I edit the pokes.h file from #define PKMN_CHIMECHO 0x19B onwards, can you save an offset to face slot? example: #define PKMN_CHIMECHO 0x19B (The spaces of the Unown) #define PKMN_TURTWIT 0x19C

If so, I'm certainly learning more :D Thanks for this great contribution :3

Years
  • Hello,i have a problem uuh when i open my new game and use a move (For example Torchic using ember) my game just goes back to the title screen i tried with my hacked rom,one with your hacked engine and a normal Pokemon Emerald rom and every one of them had the same effect this is a picture i took https://prnt.sc/fvf0cj Is there any way you can help? I'm sorry if my english is kinda bad =(

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello,i have a problem uuh when i open my new game and use a move (For example Torchic using ember) my game just goes back to the title screen i tried with my hacked rom,one with your hacked engine and a normal Pokemon Emerald rom and every one of them had the same effect this is a picture i took https://prnt.sc/fvf0cj Is there any way you can help? I'm sorry if my english is kinda bad =(

If the normal ROM is also having this issue, it's a problem with your emulator. You'll need to find and download a GBA BIOS file, then direct the emulator to its location by going to options -> emulator -> select BIOS file.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • 1. Open the config.h files in the src folder. In line 9, change the keystone index to the item index of your liking. Player has to posses that item in order to mega evolve. Build file after the change.
    2. In G3T, open the 'pokemon editor.ini' file in the Customization folder.
    3. Paste this in the evolution conditions section.:
    Code:
    FB=MegaEvo
    FC=Fervent
    FD=Primal
    FF=RevertMegas
    4. Now, open the item editor. Choose an item of your choice to be used as a mega stone. Set its Special Value 1/2 (or Held Item Effect) to 139 (in decimal) or 0x8B (in hex).
    5. In the extra section of item, put the index of the target Mega Pokemon (e.g index of Mega Scizor if want your item to behave like Scizorite). Note that if you're using Kurapika's Gen3Tools you'll have to insert the ID in hex.
    6. Now, open the pokemon editor, choose the mon you want to mega evolve. Then go to the evolution tab and add an entry there by setting 'Condition To Evolve' as 'Mega evolution' and
    'Evolve To' to the Mega Species (e.g Mega Scizor in case of Scizor).
    7. Make sure to set back the original species as Revert Megas evolution of mega species. (Unless you want your pokemon to stay as mega forever
    12.%20tongue.gif
    )
    (e.g Scizor as Revert Megas evolution of Mega Scizor).
    8.To activate it in a battle, press the start button while choosing a move. You will hear a sound and the evolution happens shortly after.

Decided to try the Engine again to see if the method to implement Mega Evolutions became easier than before but it looks like the same "harder than it should" thing.

Could anyone tell me where did I screwed up?
    The idea is "Torchic with a Torchictite mega evolves to Pregunta which is in the Slot 252 right after Celebi" (of course, it's just a test).
    Here's how the Torchictite looks on G3T's Item Editor.
    Here's how Torchic's evolution looks on PGE.
    Here's how Pregunta's evolution looks on PGE.
    Since I've inserted the engine without changing anything, the keystone should be "4" (a Poké Ball, I suppose).

Here's a quick GIF demonstrating that it's not working for me:
    6NXOPTe.gif

EDIT: Wish Megaevolution seems to be working perfectly, at least.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Decided to try the Engine again to see if the method to implement Mega Evolutions became easier than before but it looks like the same "harder than it should" thing.

Could anyone tell me where did I screwed up?
    The idea is "Torchic with a Torchictite mega evolves to Pregunta which is in the Slot 252 right after Celebi" (of course, it's just a test).
    Here's how the Torchictite looks on G3T's Item Editor.
    Here's how Torchic's evolution looks on PGE.
    Here's how Pregunta's evolution looks on PGE.
    Since I've inserted the engine without changing anything, the keystone should be "4" (a Poké Ball, I suppose).

Here's a quick GIF demonstrating that it's not working for me:
    6NXOPTe.gif

EDIT: Wish Megaevolution seems to be working perfectly, at least.

The 080000FC in extra should be 000000Fc

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The 080000FC in extra should be 000000Fc
    I actually tried it as "000000FC" and it wasn't working.
    In any case, the problem was the Special 1/2 Effect, apparently. I thought that I needed to put it in the small text/number box under "Price" but nope. I did the edits to the item with PGE, tested the ROM afterwards and everything was working fine, then when I checked the item in G3T I immediately noticed that the "139" was in the selection bar, that was probably the whole thing all along.

I'll take the chance though and ask, how do form changes work?
    There's nothing about them in the main post and I'm kinda curious to check the Ash Greninja one.

Trainer 781

I actually tried it as "000000FC" and it wasn't working.
    In any case, the problem was the Special 1/2 Effect, apparently. I thought that I needed to put it in the small text/number box under "Price" but nope. I did the edits to the item with PGE, tested the ROM afterwards and everything was working fine, then when I checked the item in G3T I immediately noticed that the "139" was in the selection bar, that was probably the whole thing all along.

I'll take the chance though and ask, how do form changes work?
    There's nothing about them in the main post and I'm kinda curious to check the Ash Greninja one.
    Setting form(e) changes is quite simple compared to megas, you just need to replace the placeholder values in config.h with pokemon index of the form(e)s in your ROM. You'll need to build again though.

I'm sure that I'm doing well and the rom is clean (Pokémon Emerald (U) ).
    The problem is when I use an attack, the game freezes and doing crunchy sounds and then, the game restarts. Could someone help me?

Make sure the offset to insert data ends with 00, and you are using v45 of devKitARM specially.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Setting form(e) changes is quite simple compared to megas, you just need to replace the placeholder values in config.h with pokemon index of the form(e)s in your ROM. You'll need to build again though.
    Working perfectly, FireRed surely needs something like this engine.
    It's amazing all the modifications it allows to do and so easily too! I love it! <3
    2z8j6LN.gif

Trainer 781

Working perfectly, FireRed surely needs something like this engine.
    It's amazing all the modifications it allows to do and so easily too! I love it! <3
    2z8j6LN.gif

Thanks!
    Hopefully, FBI's Battle Engine for Fire Red gets completed. (Which seems like a better concept)

Years
  • If the normal ROM is also having this issue, it's a problem with your emulator. You'll need to find and download a GBA BIOS file, then direct the emulator to its location by going to options -> emulator -> select BIOS file.

Hello! It worked now i just reinstalled it (I had some errors but it would be embarassing to point them out) Thank you so much for the help!

Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • the ability "Trace" needs an exception that tells it never to copy trace off an opposing pokemon. Right now when trace copies an ability it activates the ability immediately, so it copies trace activates it, copies trace, activates it, copies trace, activates it, and so on. That's an easy fix, right?

The weakness reducing berries and the gems are using a weird byte to read the type off of, so far I've changed the effect byte, the battle usage byte, and the padding bytes to different types but it always gives the effect of a Chilan berry or Normal gem regardless. I think there must be an issue with the get_item_extra_param command you've defined but im a trash programmer so I can't offer help. Presumably plates are affected too but I ain't checked.

EDIT: we're getting extremely niche outlier cases here but if a wild double battle pokemon uses a switching move like volt switch or parting shot while its partner is still alive it will become untargetable as if it had fainted for the rest of the match. This might lead to infinite trainer battles if people aren't careful about where they make the moves available, as it is I've only hit it in places where I can run away.

Last edited:
    Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    I was wondering if someone could PM me and help patiently walk me through how to get the Pokemon Expansion + item expansion + battle engine + various working together? I can get them individually to work but whenever I add another something goes amiss.

Thanks in advance

Trainer 781

I was wondering if someone could PM me and help patiently walk me through how to get the Pokemon Expansion + item expansion + battle engine + various working together? I can get them individually to work but whenever I add another something goes amiss.

Thanks in advance

Here is a draft of instructions. This should help you out if you are able to understand it.

Attachments

• instructions.zip
      10.1 KB · Views: 126
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Just found this. Can I just install it and have a playable, updated Emerald? (Like how you can just update FR with MrDS' patch and play with the vanilla scripts.)

If yes, then how do I install it? I'm not used to this kind of installation at all, I downloaded everything the first post asked, opened make.py with Notepad++, set everything to True and tried opening it in a Command Prompt.

Didn't work at all.

Also, does it break trading? I recall hearing that Mega Evolutions killed multiplayer in FR, but it's not a dealbreaker for me, I just want to play Emerald.

By the way, if it's easier, I'd appreciate a simple IPS patch or something like that. I don't really have time to hack Emerald right now, even though I'm interested in doing so in the future thanks to this. But as a mere player, just being able to patch this awesome upgrade would be way better than anything I could dream of.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Yeah I figure now that it's probably cleaner to just use this and do Pokemon insertion afterward to avoid any conflicts since they both touch moves, learnsets, etc. Gonna try again tonight to get this thing working standalone and go from there.

Also a couple of issues to report:

1. The first time I tried applying this, I changed the rom name in make.py to match up with my rom's filename, but I got an error about the file BPEE0.gba not being found. When I set make.py back to use BPEE0.gba and renamed my rom, it worked.
    2. Also got an error about test.gba not being found. I created a blank file called test.gba which seemed to satisfy it.
    3. Doesn't work with devkitPro installed to a non-default location (I installed it on my E drive instead of C and had to reinstall it on C for this to work).

Edit: Just wiped the folder, copied the zip contents over again, and re-ran it and it works fine :)

Turns out installing things out of their standard place was what tripped me up. Thanks for accidentally helping me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Hi! I would very much appreciate some help dealing with this strange error I seem to keep receiving after attempting to build by running the cmd in the main folder. A huge thanks to anyone who can help in advance! I'm a new user, so I can't post a link, the error code is as follows below!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    i8CvmR5.png

This is the error I get when I try installing. I have the latest version of both DevkitARM and Python installed, and yes I reinstalled both.

Anyone know what's the issue? The "test.gba" file is produced, but it contains no byte changes whatsoever, and is identical to an unmodified Emerald ROM.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • i8CvmR5.png

This is the error I get when I try installing. I have the latest version of both DevkitARM and Python installed, and yes I reinstalled both.

Anyone know what's the issue? The "test.gba" file is produced, but it contains no byte changes whatsoever, and is identical to an unmodified Emerald ROM.

Use devkit 45 and also are you sure you used latest python ??
    Your image shows its 2.7

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back