• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The main reason I'm separating things because I don't want this project to be too cluttered.
    But this and the other projects (or modules) will be complementary (i.e will share the same config files to resolve indexes) and be independent because they will made in such a way the one will work without need of each other.

Also, now special animations for Primal Reversions are inserted (literally the same as mega evolution animation with the particles changed, might be improved by MrDollsteak more). To activate them, choose the condition to evolve as 1 for alpha reversion and condition to evolve as 2 for omega reversion.

Credits to MrDollsteak for such wonderful particles!

Thanks to raven1910 for the video. Don't mind the super effective water gun. It has already been fixed.

Is the video link broken for anyone else?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I really wanna make an emerald rombase based from this engine but the only thing that's stopping me is the TMs and Item expansion when I install this engine will all that stuff already be done for me or do I have to do it myself? And if I have to do it myself can someone teach me how to do it

Trainer 781

I really wanna make an emerald rombase based from this engine but the only thing that's stopping me is the TMs and Item expansion when I install this engine will all that stuff already be done for me or do I have to do it myself? And if I have to do it myself can someone teach me how to do it

It is not in the engine. And if you are planning to make a rombase, you will have to learn to do these things by yourself.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I know how to expand the emerald pokedex and do everything except for the TM and item expansion and it's not like I'm telling someone to do it for me I was just hoping someone can guide me in the direction to install these two properly

Trainer 781

I know how to expand the emerald pokedex and do everything except for the TM and item expansion and it's not like I'm telling someone to do it for me I was just hoping someone can guide me in the direction to install these two properly

Did you follow Starfall's tutorial, it appears to be quite simple.

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Does this work correctly with link multiplayer? What about emerald's battle recording feature?

Trainer 781

Does this work correctly with link multiplayer? What about emerald's battle recording feature?

Except mega evolution, everthing appears to work well in link battles. The thing left to correct is updating the mega sprite of the opponent.

I haven't tested the recording feature.

Years
  • Here are a couple more bugs I found:
    In messages for Pickup and Incinerate, the item effected shows up as "???????????"
    Wake-Up Slap puts target to sleep before immediately waking it up.
    Game crashes during Ominous Wind animation.
    Some graphic weirdness in Bug Bite, Pluck, and Assurance
    Typo in Gastro Acid message: surpassed=suppressed
    Machamps learnset didn't work correctly in PGE.

Also just curious if it would be very difficult for me to modify battle scripts(make Razor Wind a special Skull Bash for example) with this format?

Years
  • Here are a couple more bugs I found:
    Bugs...

Also just curious if it would be very difficult for me to modify battle scripts(make Razor Wind a special Skull Bash for example) with this format?

I fixed all the bugs except for the animations you mentioned(Bug Bite, Pluck Acupressure), because I didn't see anything wrong with them. Could you tell me in what conditions the glitch part happens?

As for the battle script modifications, it should be easy. Open up the "battlescripts_for_moves.s" file in the src folder and look for that table. http://hastebin.com/zenebidovi.pl
    As you can see, each script is commented. The one you're looking for is under the 71 effect. The arg1 and arg2 there refer to the two padding bytes in the move table.

But do the stats update in both cases for all players involved or is it just a sprite issue? Like, if I Mega Evolve, does my link opponent's game get my updated stats? If so, link battles functionally work, which is super.

Maybe? I don't know, never tested it. So here's a task for you, go and check it. :P

Years
  • Could you tell me in what conditions the glitch part happens?
    Weird. Bug Bite and Pluck seem to work fine in the newest update. They were leaving artifacts on the HP box when the next move was used. But the impact part of Assurance (not Acupressure) still looks glitchy or appears in back of the Pokemon sprite. It happens when used by either side.

Dizzy and I worked a bit on link Megas. And by Dizzy and I, I mean entirely Dizzy and I was just testing out the functionality.

There is still the problem of not updating the sprite correctly for one game when the other Mega Evolves, but now the games shouldn't force Mega Evolution for eligible Pokemon the moment it is able to. Stats and typings are updated correctly when linking. It seems (fingers crossed) that other than sprite issues, Mega Evolving will function as expected in link battles now.

I did have another minor bug that I wasn't able to mention to you before you heading to sleep, Dizzy, and that was that once we changed the code so that it didn't force turn one Mega Evolutions, only one player could Mega Evolve. I don't know if this is because of the setup I used (same save which meant same Trainer on both sides and the same party), but the mega icon didn't appear for one player's Pokemon, while the other game's identical Pokemon had the mega icon and was able to Mega Evolve normally.

Those of you that have this compiled, could y'all set up a link battle and see if both sides get the mega icon to slide out of their HP bar and both sides have the option to Mega Evolve? Without the changes Dizzy made, both sides will automatically Mega Evolve regardless, but I want to make sure that both sides actually have the option to Mega Evolve like they should.

Dizzy has not yet updated the github project, as the code is still being tinkered with for this change. Just wanted to apprise the thread of the general progress.

Years
  • Weird. Bug Bite and Pluck seem to work fine in the newest update. They were leaving artifacts on the HP box when the next move was used. But the impact part of Assurance (not Acupressure) still looks glitchy or appears in back of the Pokemon sprite. It happens when used by either side.

I think I made it look normally. Tho, the animation itself is, uhhh, a bit ugly. Hopefully Dollsteak makes it better soon.

goranthegreat

I cant wait for the battle backgrounds to be updated:) also keep up the amazing work this rombase is the best!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    hello so i added your emerald ItemsTMand tutors resource along with the safe pokemon expansion and the game didnt crash at the zigzagoon battle but after i installed your battle engine along with the other two resources the game crashes at zigzagoon and i dont know why this is happening i know that i made sure to put them in free space so i am clueless as t why its crashing if anyone can help me with this that would be great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back