• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    I think I'll put back the old animation. Because it looked more cooler.

Of course, if you have free space.

No problem. I actually, will be more than happy if someone decides to port this to FR. Not sure about how Dizzy will feel xD.
    Also, what do you mean by the initial calc routine? Loading weather in a battle if the overworld has a weather condition or weather ball or anything else.
    The hook is for pallet swap of a particle during the animation. I don't know too much about it. MrDollsteak made it so maybe he can elaborate it further.

Megas are nearly fully functional now, except for 2-3 graphical handlers, Rayquaza's mega evolution, knock off, trick handling for mega stone and a multi battle check.
    Actually, the part except the mega icons and triggers on the HUD was already implemented a week ago. It took a week to understand Touched's code and then port it in Emerald with some variations, additions, adjustments and tweaking.

To enable Megas:
    1. Before building the code, open the defines.h files in the src folder. In line 35, change the keystone index to the item index of your liking. After that build it.
    2. In G3T, open the 'pokemon editor.ini' file in the Customization folder.
    3. Paste this:
    Code:
    FB=Mega Evolution
    FF=Revert Megas
    in the evolution conditions section.
    4. Now, open the items editor. Choose an item of your choice to be used as a mega stone. Set its Special Value 1/2 (or Held Item Effect) to 139 (in decimal) or 0x8B (in hex).
    5. In the extra section of item, put the index of the target Mega Pokemon (e.g index of Mega Scizor if want your item to behave like Scizorite).
    6. Now, open the pokemon editor, chose the mon you want to mega evolve. Then go to the evolution tab and add an entry there by setting 'Condition To Evolve' as 'Mega evolution' and
    'Evolve To' to the Mega Species (e.g Mega Scizor in case of Scizor).
    7. Make sure to set back the original species as Revert Megas evolution of mega species.
    (e.g Scizor as Revert Megas evolution of Mega Scizor).

To activate it. Press the start button while choosing a move, you will hear a sound.

Hello the truth I would like to know it's like to put the mega trigger and indicator in Pokemon Emerald Theta since the megabytes are implemented but not icons

Trainer 781

Hello the truth I would like to know it's like to put the mega trigger and indicator in Pokemon Emerald Theta since the megabytes are implemented but not icons

Off-topic. Not easy to extract separate code from the Engine Upgrade. So not worth doing it now.

Trainer 781

Was very trivial. Just needed to copy paste the mega evolution code with few changes here and there.

This uses the Mega evolution animation for time being and no special primal indicator sprites are there (if some one can volunteer for thee sprites and the animation then it will be great!).

The way to set it up is same as regular Stone Mega Evolution except the Special 1/2 or the Held Item Effect Byte will be 141 or (0x8D in hex) instead of 139 and FD is the evolution index.

Also, fixed a bug where multiple stone megas per mon weren't working (i.e Charizard Y).

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Primal Reversion added!
    Was very trivial. Just needed to copy paste the mega evolution code with few changes here and there.

This uses the Mega evolution animation for time being and no special primal indicator sprites are there (if some one can volunteer for thee sprites and the animation then it will be great!).

The way to set it up is same as regular Stone Mega Evolution except the Special 1/2 or the Held Item Effect Byte will be 141 or (0x8D in hex) instead of 139.

Also, fixed a bug where multiple stone megas per mon weren't working (i.e Charizard Y).
    So, what's the evolution ID for Primal Reversion?

Also, I looked inside the item_effects.h file, and I saw this:
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_DRIVES 0x8C

Why is there an effect for drives, yet there are these in the same file?:
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_BURNDRIVE 0x50
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_CHILLDRIVE 0x51
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_DOUSEDRIVE 0x52
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_SHOCKDRIVE 0x53

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Primal Reversion added!

The way to set it up is same as regular Stone Mega Evolution except the Special 1/2 or the Held Item Effect Byte will be 141 or (0x8D in hex) instead of 139.

I've actually made the Omega and Alpha icons, but not the full animation. It's in the same file as the Mega Icon.

Trainer 781

So, what's the evolution ID for Primal Reversion?

Also, I looked inside the item_effects.h file, and I saw this:
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_DRIVES 0x8C

Why is there an effect for drives, yet there are these in the same file?:
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_BURNDRIVE 0x50
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_CHILLDRIVE 0x51
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_DOUSEDRIVE 0x52
    #define ITEM_EFFECT_SHOCKDRIVE 0x53

FD is the index for primal.
    We are using single effect now only. I'll remove these 4.

I've actually made the Omega and Alpha icons, but not the full animation. It's in the same file as the Mega Icon.
    Can you send the hex of the omega and alpha icons with the pallets again?

MrDollSteak

Years
  • FD is the index for primal.

Can you send the hex of the omega and alpha icons with the pallets again?

It's already in the base I believe. If you open up the Mega Icon its actually a 24x8 image that contains all three icons.

Trainer 781

It's already in the base I believe. If you open up the Mega Icon its actually a 24x8 image that contains all three icons.

Ah, I see it now. Now just need to figure out that how to specifically segregate the primal icons.

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Ah, I see it now. Now just need to figure out that how to specifically segregate the primal icons.

I've added all the animation particles to the Git btw. I think what you could do is create an Alpha Reversion and an Omega Reversion which do the exact same thing but call the different images. Could be by adding a second parameter to the FD command. So if its set to FD 0x1 it calls Alpha Reversion, or if FD 0x2 it calls Omega Reversion.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • FD is the index for primal.
    Alright, that's cool, and efficient. But how do we distinct, let's say, a Shock Drive with a Burn Drive? Would the Extras have to be edited to the Type in Hex, or something else?

Also, how do forms/formes work? Will there be a file where you can put the index of the Pokémon, with the index of the Item? I saw a file for the Pokémon, but where do you put the form indexes? For example, there's this:
    #define POKE_CHERRIM 0x1DA
    That's the index of where my Cherrim is. But what about it's Sunshine form/forme? Same with Giratina, Arceus, and Genesect forms/formes?

Trainer 781

I've added all the animation particles to the Git btw. I think what you could do is create an Alpha Reversion and an Omega Reversion which do the exact same thing but call the different images. Could be by adding a second parameter to the FD command. So if its set to FD 0x1 it calls Alpha Reversion, or if FD 0x2 it calls Omega Reversion.

Nice. This is a good idea.

Alright, that's cool, and efficient. But how do we distinct, let's say, a Shock Drive with a Burn Drive? Would the Extras have to be edited to the Type in Hex, or something else?

Also, how do forms/formes work? Will there be a file where you can put the index of the Pokémon, with the index of the Item? I saw a file for the Pokémon, but where do you put the form indexes? For example, there's this:
    That's the index of where my Cherrim is. But what about it's Sunshine form/forme? Same with Giratina, Arceus, and Genesect forms/formes?
    Currently formes aren't implemented. I am planning to make them a separate project as well as hidden abilities.

Years
  • Alright, that's cool, and efficient. But how do we distinct, let's say, a Shock Drive with a Burn Drive? Would the Extras have to be edited to the Type in Hex, or something else?

Forms are not done yet, however Cherrim's one is actually implemented. It does not require you to create a new pokemon and works the same way as Castform. You just need to have the image be two-frames just like Castform's.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • But where does Sunshine Cherrim's palette go then?

It's just using Castform Sun's palette, isn't it? I think we may have forgotten to set aside some way to assign it its own palette. I'll make an issue.

In other news, all my exams are happening at once and I haven't had the time to contribute. Maybe next week...

MrDollSteak

Years
  • Currently formes aren't implemented. I am planning to make them a separate project as well as hidden abilities.

I think the forms project would make sense to be included with a Pokemon expansion project. That being said however, I think it could be good to link to all of those projects from here and include them as like 'optional features'.

Years
  • I think it makes more sense to include formes as a part of this project actually. It'd be similar to megas, but simpler in most cases. All you'd really be doing is Meloetta and Darmanitan if you've already included megas and Cherrim.

Trainer 781

I think it makes more sense to include formes as a part of this project actually. It'd be similar to megas, but simpler in most cases. All you'd really be doing is Meloetta and Darmanitan if you've already included megas and Cherrim.

The main reason I'm separating things because I don't want this project to be too cluttered.
    But this and the other projects (or modules) will be complementary (i.e will share the same config files to resolve indexes) and be independent because they will made in such a way the one will work without need of each other.

Also, now special animations for Primal Reversions are inserted (literally the same as mega evolution animation with the particles changed, might be improved by MrDollsteak more). To activate them, choose the condition to evolve as 1 for alpha reversion and condition to evolve as 2 for omega reversion.

Credits to MrDollsteak for such wonderful particles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMYIcMP2K8
    Thanks to raven1910 for the video. Don't mind the super effective water gun. It has already been fixed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back