• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

I know that Mega Evolution with a Mega Stone and Primal Reversion are in this. But what about Mega Evolution with a move, is that in it, and if so, how do you activate it?

It is already there. 0xFC as Evolution Type and the move index as 'Condition to Evolve'.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    "
    I'm using PGE. Are you talking about G3T? Because there's no "Condition to Evolve" option.

Yes, I'm talking about G3T.

You should be able to add something like the following to PGE. (What's the value for Primal reversion?)

Code:
    NumberOfEvolutionTypes=255
    EvolutionName252=Wish Mega Evolution
    Evolution252Param=attack
    EvolutionName251=Mega Evolution
    Evolution251Param=item
    EvolutionName255=Revert Megas
    Evolution255Param=evolvesbutnopar

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    Yeah G3T won't work. I'm assuming that you have to change the value next to Nothing Required. I can't do that since it won't edit values past 255. It will just snap back to a number between 0 and 255 if a higher value is needed. And I checked out PGE, it didn't work even with the edits above. Are you sure the feature works with expanded moves, because I want to Mega Evolve Rayquaza with the move Dragon Ascent, move index number 620.

EDIT: Yeah, Move Mega Evolution doesn't support a wide range of moves. I just tested it with a Rayquaza that Mega Evolve knowing Flamethrower and it worked...

Years
    Yeah G3T won't work. I'm assuming that you have to change the value next to Nothing Required. I can't do that since it won't edit values past 255. It will just snap back to a number between 0 and 255 if a higher value is needed. And I checked out PGE, it didn't work even with the edits above. Are you sure the feature works with expanded moves, because I want to Mega Evolve Rayquaza with the move Dragon Ascent, move index number 620.

EDIT: Yeah, Move Mega Evolution doesn't support a wide range of moves. I just tested it with a Rayquaza that Mega Evolve knowing Flamethrower and it worked...

You're right. It won't support a move with an index past 255. You can always use the alignment bytes for it, so it's not really a problem. Just give some time KDS to look into it.

Win 10.

"FileNotFoundError: [WinError2] the system cannot find the file specified"

I'm 96% sure it's because you don't have devkitARM installed or you have it in the 'wrong' place. The script requires you to have devkitPRO folder in the C drive. Try putting it there and see if it works.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

It was a simple casting error. Fixed!

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    It assembled, but I got this message:
    ./src/anim_particle/particle_pallet.s: Assembler messages:
    ./src/anim_particle/particle_pallet.s: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
    ./src\anim_particle\particle_pallet.s: Assembler messages:
    ./src\anim_particle\particle_pallet.s: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted

Now the bees are flying garbage data:

As funny as this looks, what is the cause of it?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    It assembled, but I got this message:
    ./src/anim_particle/particle_pallet.s: Assembler messages:
    ./src/anim_particle/particle_pallet.s: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
    ./src\anim_particle\particle_pallet.s: Assembler messages:
    ./src\anim_particle\particle_pallet.s: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted

Now the bees are flying garbage data:

As funny as this looks, what is the cause of it?

Just a .... bug I guess.

Was some corruption in the particle file, KDS has fixed it now!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    Does the current version have the updated rules for status conditions (electric-types can't be paralyzed, grass-types are immune to powders, etc)?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    First of all, I like to congratulate the creators for making this project.

I started in gba hacking recently and thanks to your tools I decided to use emerald.

I'm trying to use together battle engine, pokedex expansion and objects expansion. The only way I have managed to do all three work together is to install them in the following order: pokedex exp, objects exp, and battle engine. Everything works correctly but if I use a pokemon beyond Chimecho, the game crashes in a pokemon battle. I think it's because the new pokemons haven't the move sets assigned. In the PGE I can assign movesets, repointing them, but they don't save in the game.

Then I tried to insert the moves editing the number of pokemon and the move sets in the files of the battle engine before inserting them but I think I dont know how to do it. Trying to insert 3 pokemon, test, I get the following error:

"./src\Learnsets.c:1522:44: warning: excess elements in array initializer
    &REGICE_MOVESET[0], &REGISTEEL_MOVESET[0], &KYOGRE_MOVESET[0],
    ^
    ./src\Learnsets.c:1522:44: note: (near initialization for 'learnset_table')
    ./src\Learnsets.c:1523:2 : error: array index in initializer exceeds array bounds
    [442 ... ALL_POKES - 1] = &EMPTYSLOT_MOVESET[0]
    ^
    ./src\Learnsets.c:1523:2 : note: (near initialization for 'learnset_table')
    ./src\Learnsets.c:1523:27 : warning: excess elements in array initializer
    [442 ... ALL_POKES - 1] = &EMPTYSLOT_MOVESET[0]
    ^
    ./src\Learnsets.c:1523:27: note: (near initialization for 'learnset_table')"

I am a noob in the rom hacking. I hope you can help me. I'm sorry for my english, it isn't my native languaje.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    This is the first time this has ever happened to me but when I did the Pokémon expansion I was able to edit in PGE thanks to Dizzy for helping me but when I install the battle engine I can't open up the Pokémon editor in PGE can anyone please help me out with this

Years
    First of all, I like to congratulate the creators for making this project.

I started in gba hacking recently and thanks to your tools I decided to use emerald.

Glad you decided to use them.

I'm trying to use together battle engine, pokedex expansion and objects expansion. The only way I have managed to do all three work together is to install them in the following order: pokedex exp, objects exp, and battle engine. Everything works correctly but if I use a pokemon beyond Chimecho, the game crashes in a pokemon battle. I think it's because the new pokemons haven't the move sets assigned. In the PGE I can assign movesets, repointing them, but they don't save in the game.

It's probably my fault, because my descriptions may be vague to some people. You see, in theory it doesn't matter which you apply first or last. In practice though, you need to change all the defines correctly, which I may have not explained properly. You're right that the crash is caused by the lack of movesets for new pokemon.

What you should do is:
    - open the 'defines.h' file in the src folder and change the "ALL_POKES 412" to whatever your number of all pokemon is
    - now this will make all the new pokemon have their moveset as "empty", but the game won't crash
    - note that the movesets form pokemon from gen4-6 are actually done, the code for them just commented out, so it won't actually compile. You can add them to the "learnset_table[ALL_POKES]" manually in order the pokemon are crated.
    - that little thing "[411 ... ALL_POKES - 1] = &EMPTYSLOT_MOVESET[0]" means assign the empty slot for all pokemon starting from 411 to the last pokemon. So say you added 10 more movesets to the table you should change it to "[421 ... ALL_POKES - 1] = &EMPTYSLOT_MOVESET[0].
    If you however added all the movesets, this line naturally isn't needed.
    - You should be able to modify them in PGE too, not sure why you couldn't.
    [/QUOTE]

If a Pokémon uses Explosion/Self-Destruct against a Pokémon with the ability Damp, the text that says that Damp prevented the explosive moves repeats forever...

Yeah, it apparently happens in double battles. I'll fix it in a minute.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me but when I did the Pokémon expansion I was able to edit in PGE thanks to Dizzy for helping me but when I install the battle engine I can't open up the Pokémon editor in PGE can anyone please help me out with this
    According to KDS this was caused by empty moveslots. Try downloading the latest build and see if the problem persists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back