• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End of the world May 21st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
  • May 21, 2011.....IS FAKE!!!

Harold Camping is an idiot and is just trying to make money by scaring us. Let me show you people some evidence.

First of all, there's a whole article that explains why judgement day will not happen on a website called real-truth.org (or .com, just do a google search "real truth may 21" and you'll be good).

Now, here is my personal perspective: I love science. In school, we've just finished studying geology and evolution. The oldest rocks in the Earth are 4 billion years old. A certain article says that the Bible stated that the world was created in 11,013 and that the world will end 13,023 years later, which happens to be 2011. Considering that the Earth has already passed through many cycles of 13,023 years after creation, and the world has not been shattered, then I'm not going to believe this B.S. This guy needs to know some basic geology before he comes around making judgement day predictions.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well, we can all pack up our glow-in-the-dark headbands, fake beards and "Jesus is my homeboy" T-shirts, he stood us up. Maybe next year.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Actually, it's still not over.

It's supposed to end at 6:00PM EST. After that, you can laugh. :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Actually, it's still not over.

It's supposed to end at 6:00PM EST. After that, you can laugh. :3

lol I heard it was 6pm wherever you were in the world. Like, it happened in stages so we could all see it. It's already 11:50pm here, so I'm laughing. You can relax guys, it doesn't happen :P

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    It's 10:51pm here in the UK... Still no sign of any apocalypses.

I'm quite interested in seeing how Harold Camping is going to dig himself out of the hole he's made for himself.

Years
  • It's 10:51pm here in the UK... Still no sign of any apocalypses.

I'm quite interested in seeing how Harold Camping is going to dig himself out of the hole he's made for himself.

Is he well known?

If not, he can go unnoticed and slide back into obscurity.

Breaking News - Volcano Erupts in Iceland, Spurs 50 Quakes

I knew God ran on East Coast time! Let's all ignore the fact that none of them were big and panic. :3

That is a pretty odd coincidence.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • It is now 6:05 PM.

I have been stuck on my ceiling since 6. God should have thought this though. :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Obviously...

But was I the only person who knew nothing would happen, but still had that lingering "What if something does happen?" question going around in my mind?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back