• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • The oil crisis could happen (especially for all the oil and fossil fuels we use), but you could say that it's mere coincidence. Remember how common earthquakes are in California compared to other places.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Anyway I look forward to 21 December 2012, it'll be another normal day... and after the hype, the public will be slightly more skeptical about supstitions.
    Hah, I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, it'll probably cause more paranoia, especially among those who really go nuts for that stuff. The public loves sensationalizing things and the end of the world will always be at the top of the list.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    first of all, when the Mayans lived hundreds of years ago, no one knew of black holes, and so on. Second of all, the only star close enough to effect us in the whole of the universe is the sun, and is a relatively new star, if you compare it to all the others. Scientists say the soonest it will burn out and create a black hole is two hundred thousand years from now, and thats at the soonest.
    heehee, our sun isn't nearly as large enough as required to create a black hole. The most damage it'll ever do to the earth is in the predicted 5 billion years from now in which it'll run out of fuel, consume other elements for fuels, expand to engulf the earth (it turns into a red giant), and then, after running out of that fuel, it will slowly start to shrink in size, eventually becoming a very dense white dwarf, which will also eventually die in due time. Heck, I don't even think the Earth will even be "lucky" enough to be a bystander of a supernova. [excuse me if the details aren't entirely correct, I don't really remember 9th grade astronomy).

Anyway, these sorts of theories have always interested me, but they're always unbelievable. The Earth is dynamic, constantly changing - predicting something like it's destruction shouldn't be so simple or even accurate.

And I have my own beliefs about the world's end anyway.

Years
  • My calander ends on Januarary 31 2008 D: Does that mean the world is going to end then?

Been their, disproved that.
    Take this from someone who knows, those prophesies are bull :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    They've predicted so many "end of the world" days (THINK: Y2K) that I can't believe them anymore X_X;; And then there was June 6, 2006 (06/06/06) that people got all hot and bothered about.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Yeah,
    I'm pretty sure Now that it's a load of bull.
    Just because the Mayan Calander ends on that day,
    Dosen't mean that's when we'll end.
    I also believe what the Bible says....
    Not going to get into that,
    But I sure can't wait for December, 21 2012!
    Lol!

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Now I doubt this cause of to many phrophets being wrong *phew* but if I were to say it to end in any possible way-

Poles shift, weather, and seasons act up. Ok we can get use to that quite easily if we put an effort. Now resources like oil would be hard to come buy, and countries could go on a nuclear war for resources.

Now I do think this is a bunch of bull, sure phrophets have been correct, but have been wrong to.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The only thing I can see destroying Earth is a single day is a Gamma Ray Burst and those are extremely unlikely. Dec. 21, 2012 will be as normal as June 6th, 2006.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • I heard the world is gonna end one million years from now. That's going to happen by the sun turning off, and the people will be frozen for good. So I rather belive it ends then, then now 4 years from now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Ok I was watching the History Channel today,
    And I saw that they predicted the end of the world.
    Not just in years but the exact date.
    The supposed Apocalypse is dated at December, 21 2012.
    Kinda soon don'tcha think?
    I really don't want to die that soon do you?
    Anyways The story is that some Oracles along with the Mayan Calander,
    Predicted many things that have come true.
    Such as: Katrina, That Huge Tsunami, The Twin Towers Being Bombed ect.
    Now they predicted the end of the world.
    What is supposed to happen is: The Sun, The Earth, And The Milkey Way,
    Are supposed to line up,
    And a newley discovered Black Hole in the Milkey Way,
    Is supposed to Shift the Earth in about a 45 degree angle.
    It is supposed to trigger many Huge Earthquakes.
    So do you belive it?
    NO Religious Argument Please!!!!!

All I have to say is, don't believe everything you hear.
    This is not the first time that they "predicted the end of the world" if everything had gone the way they had said it would have, we would have been dead for at least 7-8 years now..D:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nope I don't believe that the world is gonna end,
    scientists should think of something till then. But I don't think its going to end till 1,000000000000000 years XD

~C3LEB
    I

Years
  • Actually,not only the mayan calendar pointed to this date,but a lot of other scientists and things.Of course I didn't believe that thing about 2000,but this one MIGHT be real.I don't say it is,but I don't say it isn't.The thing is that the world WILL end sometimes due to the sun,some allignement(sp?),some apocalypse or the global warming.So you might be right because there could be the chance that there isn't any apocalypse etc. and we die by the sun.In fact,we could also die by an asteroid.Today,an asteroid approached earth at a distance of 500.000 km which,if you think,is quite near.So there is no doubt that the world will end,we just need to find out when so we will be out of this planet by that time :)

Years
  • Well the world won't just "end" on some arbitrary date. And what is meant by "the end of the world" anyway? End of mankind? Extinction of all life? The Earth ceasing to exist?

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • Well, I personally hope it does happen. And if not "the end of the world" then some sort of monumental event that utterly warps human civilization as we know it. See, I want to witness something spectacular in my lifetime. Considering I am going to die eventually, I'd rather die being a witness to such a phenomenon. I want to be here on Earth's final days, whether that be 2012, after or even before.

AWWSTiN❤

oppa i'll be down
    Years
  • ^ Wells, I get your point; but,,,
    I want to have a long life, so no thanks. ;]

But still, it would be kinda cool to see the world explode or something. :O~

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I actually heard something different. That there is going to be a meteroid (astroid?) hitting the earth in 1012. Sounds fun, huh? I don't think the world is going to "end". It's just weird to think of how many billions of years the earth has been here and then all of the sudden ends with us. I like to think the earth will be here until the sun burns off and it freezes over.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • The pure fact that it can even be predicted is annoying to me. I mean come on. The very end of the earth itself? That sounds rediculous. I don't care if the Mayans had a Calander, or if the top scientist confirms this themselves. There is no way that the Earth will end so soon. Especially when it's so convenient, such as right after 2000. The new millenium.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back